CLASSLESS LSU

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by RainH2burntO, Sep 12, 2019.

1. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

So, I've let this simmer a few days now...letting things settle and making sure any reaction is fair, not emotion driven, and factual. The jury has returned...LSU fan, coaches, players, et al were/are totally classless, clearly desperate and repulsive.
    I believe stuff like this starts at the top and have concluded to my own satisfaction Ed O lacks virtue, class, and trustworthiness. Would love to know more about their AD. The fans move up past aggy, sooner and buckeye on my list...not joking.
    I have never been so disgusted by another program's behavior, all people/things considered.
    This fact is what really made the loss sting. It tempts you to say this isn't right, or justice wasnt served or something should be done about this; BUT, that's where it gets tricky...
    Though I am a fan who weighs many things along with and beyond sport, at the end of the day...this is primarily a sporting issue and, though they broke just about every rule of decency, respectfulness, respectability, class and sportsmanship...they did so while winning the football game....apparently without breaking any laws...so that's that.
    Having said this, any respect I had for LSU and their fans is now gone. People like that dont care what you think...but I believe it matters greatly nonetheless.
    I am so proud of our AD, coaches, players, and fans and the culture/character/program being built here. I am sure they aren't all pure as the white driven snow....and I am sure all LSU fans, players, and coaches aren't aweful people...
    But, let it be known....the way it all looked leading up to, during, and in the aftermath of the game is the way it actually is....They are classless lsusers and forever will be.
    One of many good reads on the subject out there now:
    Flareups continue in A/C Gate and over harassing phone calls made by LSU fans
    (And if you havent already I highly recommend an article I linked in the Thread "Hard Knocks" a few days back)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Great article. Thanks Rain
    What is really puzzling is they won the game!!
    So this crap really shows what classes azzholes most of them are
    Even a LSU poster on here who had been a polite poster on here thought nothing of the LSU " time honored tradtion" of calling and imsulting even death threats to Horn players and coaches

And they won the game?:brickwall:

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  3. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

I tried to congratulate an LSU fan here at the office on Monday. (she may be an alum or a t-shirt fan for all I know)
    I was all prepared to give nothing but props to her team and wish them luck in beating Alabama.

But she started talking all this trash about how classless we were for breaking the A/C and how our fans suck for booing their injured players. She was very triggered. You would think they lost the game in controversial fashion. She was raising her voice and really mad.

I considered mentioning the texts and prank calls ,or arguing the faked injuries, or pointing our how ridiculous the AC claim is. But I just rolled my eyes, told her she sounded just like an aggy. That ended the conversation.
    Been down that road before trying to make an irrational bumpkin see themselves for what they are and its pointless.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Mike the Texan

Mike the Texan 250+ Posts

We got in a verbal tussle with a couple lsu fans up in Section 103 over their "injured players." They were upset about us razzing the floppers. When I pointed out that no one on LSU's well-functioning offense, as well as both our offense and defense were having any injury issues, they resorted to dissing the quality of my teenage son's Texas jersey.

My wife even got in the fray on the next fake injury flop when the lsu player received very loud boos from the entire stadium by telling them that they may need to go to a safe space to be away from the booing.

F those guys. What a bunch of babies.

- Mike

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. RainH2burntO

You are correct, sir. That's the frustrating part...There is nothing you can do or say that will make a difference other than be, talk, and act the way you believe people should, regardless of what others do or say - and not stoop to their level. Not always satisfying, and sometimes the good guys don't win, but...
    I hope our program/team/fans will always stay above this type of behavior and not get sucked down to a lower level in the face of any future such circumstances.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Hate to stereotype but all I can think of is low IQ trailer trash. And coach O is the ideal leader of such a group.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Walking Boss

Walking Boss 2,500+ Posts

Swamp aggy. Enough said.

• Like Like x 4
  8. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I wonder just how many of those callers were low life, swamp trash, that probably couldn't spell LSU let alone went to school there. The folks that have shown remorse and apologized for the actions of others are also probably the ones that went to school and or graduated from LSU.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

Yes, the LSU graduates with professional jobs are more like UT grads but they talk funny. However, the 2 Million T Shirt fans is where a lot of the classless behavior comes from. The whole State roots for LSU and the Saints. There may be a very small contingent of Tulane, Southern, and La Tech, McNeese fans but they are few and far between. I spent nine years going over there for work every other week. I don't miss it, there are some good people over there. But the swamp trash
    T Shirt fans, watch out for them.

• Hot Hot x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

It is best not to a broad brush to characterize all of any school supporter's behavior to the whole fan base, let alone alumni. I am sure some long time LSU alumni are wondering WTF is wrong with Orgeron needing to lie about the visiting locker room.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

I have a good friend who attended Tulane. He says Tulane is Culture and LSU is Agriculture. Sound familiar to anyone?

I'm glad we get them next year in BR, I'm looking forward to watching them get completely *** pounded.

These jokers are making any common rivalry hard to stomach. I now see why aggys love the SEC so much, for them it's like a pig in mud

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Except pigs are really smart

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

This thread validates ....

one of our newer members is a UT grad and friend of mine. In fact a HornFans recruit ... @Orangebl00d, (with "double ought") He has a rabid LSUer (sewer?) on his facebook.

"You sound like an aggy" wrote I to him.

Yes, LSU has revealed itself ... and what's now clear ... was taunted by aggys about this early on. Two peas in a stinking pod.

Pitiful.

yeah, who brings fans with 'em??? Preparing an excuse for the loss ... defensive game plan included 2nd half flops.

oh that CJ would have fielded that on side kick. I'm pretty sure the O would have made good use of those 24 remaining seconds. How much howling would we have heard then???

TIL GABRIEL BLOWS HIS HORN!

\m/

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  14. RainH2burntO

My main takeaway from all that occurred is they come across as a very desperate team/program...not in a good way...the kind who would do anything to win and cannot be trusted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

They know they cannot beat Alabama so they choose Texas as their target. The ugly thought I'd we have to be for them when they play aggy (like when ou and aggy would play).

16. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

thats easy peasy Viper........screw BlowU.....pulled for the Gaggies just because they had Texas written on their Jersey.

17. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

I posted this on another thread yesterday:

Seems to me, the on the field pre-game intimidation attempts, multiple fake injuries / cramps during the game, fan taunting by Burrows and A/C Gate after the game, all add up to thuggish, fake, sleazy & classless actions to aid LSU winning the game at all costs.

Top that off with LSU fans harassing, vile & threatening tweets and phone calls to our coaches, players, staff the week before the game.... a lot of class, all of it LOW.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Wman
    Exactly
    It was not just one element from LSU. It started with the vile racist phone calls to players and coaches including death threats
    Or as a LSU poster on here put it," a time honored tradition".
    To the pregame crap
    To the obvious misuse of injury time outs
    to Coach O's lies
    and LSU won
    WHAT would they have done if they lost?

If LSU had someone like SabreHorn that person would have been at the LSU's Presidents house demanding answers and changes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Detective Shilala

It was near 100 degrees in Austin Saturday. That with the humidity, an unventilated locker room with no AC stuffed with 100+ large men would have been absolutely unbearable. They would have been forced to have their halftime outdoors.

Such a stupid claim reminds me of when aggy said we over-watered the field before the 98 game and they lost because they had no traction.
    If you had an IQ of 70 and came up with an excuse for a loss that would be it. Any child could easily defeat that claim with 10 year old logic.
    But the entire ******* fanbase chooses to lower their IQ and believe it. My brother is aggy, who holds two Masters degrees and a PhD (he is literally a rocket scientist) and he still believes that one.

That shut down my co-worker pretty fast too. She did not like that. Walked away in a huff. It could not be truer though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

21. Detective Shilala

Ed O didn't count on there being "data" if he even knows that that is.

LSU is probably going to assemble a team of their own "tater analysts" to verify this.

Too bad facts will matter very little. The inbred cajun aggy have their narrative and they're going to stick to it,

• Funny Funny x 1
  22. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

If the media bothers to ask him about this report, Coach O will glare and then mutter something no one understands....

• Funny Funny x 2
  23. RainH2burntO

24. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Worth nothing he never definitely said the A/C was out in the first place. It sounded sort of like he did, but it was ambiguous. "Orgeron says Texas turned off A/C in visitor's locker room" and the like were inaccurate headlines.

And then he has since clarified that it was just an issue of air flow and that the locker room wasn't a problem, but that one didn't get 1/10 the media attention of the original one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. RainH2burntO

Dion
    Can you please delete this post??
    Stat is not playing by the rules of this thread.

• Funny Funny x 3
  26. 22Horn

22Horn 500+ Posts

Burrows seemed okay until he and many others started taunting fans with his 'parade byebye" Too bad he didn't have to gulp that overconfident attitude. That would have been a highlight but EO would still be preaching negative messages...if you can understand him.

Trash talking kitties!!!

27. 167back

167back 100+ Posts

That was just in response to UT blowing up his jersey pregame.

28. Baseballgawd

Baseballgawd 25+ Posts

Just fyi, Texas is a lot larger state, way more Walmart type stores, way more Texas tee shirts available, that easily means way more Texas “tee shirt” fans. Facts are facts. B4 you start bashing me, just know I have 4 degrees, 3 of them graduate. I also dont do Hornfans at work like many on this forum are doing.

29. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Good for you.

30. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts