Clemens Congressional Hearing Blog

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Mr.Wizard, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Mr.Wizard

Mr.Wizard 1,000+ Posts

Pretty much up to date if you are not in front of a TV or radio.
    The Link

2. Mr.Wizard

Mr.Wizard 1,000+ Posts

11:07 a.m. ET
    More drama:

Rep. Elijah Cummings started his questioning by making sure Clemens knew he was under oath -- "and you know what that means? Is that correct?"

"Yes, sir," the Rocket replied.

Rep. Cummings then praised Pettitte as being "one of the most respected players in the major leagues and one of the most honest people in baseball."

"I would agree with that. Yes, sir," Clemens responded.

But when Cummings then confronted Clemens with Pettitte's testimony that the Rocket had told him he'd used HGH, and asked Clemens if this was true, Clemens gave him a stern, "It is not."

"So you did not tell Mr. Pettitte you used Human Growth Hormone?"

"I did not," Clemens said.

Again, whew. Anybody think Rep. Cummings believes a word coming out of Clemens' mouth?

3. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

I made a mistake and set the DVR to the CNN channels.
    Missed early portions.

From the hearing I've learned this... I'll play golf with Roger or go to dinner with him. I would not spend 5 seconds with anyone else in this hearing.

S-l-e-e-z-y...
    ps. Most of us cannot remember what we did at tailgates last year, or what we talked about to a friend a year ago. This memory business is total bull. It is almost impossible to remember what we talked about specifically, several years ago.

4. Handler XIII

Handler XIII 1,000+ Posts

I like how McNamee now remembers all this new stuff that he didn't know for a year when being interviewed by Mitchell/feds.

5. BMBMD

BMBMD 100+ Posts

The blog is worth a read. This sentence
    "Roger Clemens may get charged with perjury, anyway. But say this for him: He made a tremendous witness. " pretty much reflects how I saw the matter.