Clemens.Officially.F'd

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by hothead25, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Longhorn_94

Longhorn_94 100+ Posts

2. Hayden_Horn

Hayden_Horn 1,000+ Posts

longhorn94,

your devotion is commendable, if not a little bit misguided in my opinion.

3. MAROON

MAROON 250+ Posts

4. Hayden_Horn

Hayden_Horn 1,000+ Posts

pettitte has no reason to lie. as a matte of fact, he has every reason to cover for his friend.

5. Longhorn_94

Longhorn_94 100+ Posts

6. Hayden_Horn

Hayden_Horn 1,000+ Posts

those are some roger colored glasses you got, friend.

7. kevwun

kevwun 1,000+ Posts

Roger was supposed to provide her contact info, not invite her to his house where he "told her to tell the truth".

8. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

9. kevwun

kevwun 1,000+ Posts

Roger could punch their mom in the face and some people in this thread would say the ***** had it coming.

10. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

11. utmilton

utmilton < 25 Posts

It is amazing how delusional one can believe Roger did not use. Everyone used around Roger but not the saint Roger?!!! In addition, Roger just kept a drug pusher around because he is such a forgiving guy!

Yes it is Roger's word versus Andy. To me and most others, that is an easy one. In addition, Andy's wife backed up his story. Roger was also very vague in his "article story" or was it "my wife used not me"? Once again, Roger could get in trouble here and it is not his word against Brains. Or do you think Andy committed perjury?

Once again, Roger's wife just so happen to only talk to Brain about HGH. And based on his viewpoint and an article she read, she used without going to Roger. I guess Roger wouldn't have been some one she trusted on the subject? Also, exactly how did she know Brain could get her HGH???

As for the nanny. Yes you are right about a lawyer wanting to talk to a witness. But is not common for a witness to talk to the defendant or what every Roger was. Rusty should of been the one talking to the nanny and he should of kept Roger out of it.

12. utmilton

utmilton < 25 Posts

13. Mister Falcon

Mister Falcon 250+ Posts

If you think Clemens never did HGH/steroids, you have your head in the sand.

You could probably get me to "beyond a reasonable doubt" before Pettite's statements. His statements, however, put this so over the edge to make it laughable that anyone could defend Roger.

This whole thing is laughable. I guess we know how OJ got off - some of you were on the jury.

14. eflow24

eflow24 1,000+ Posts

15. kevwun

kevwun 1,000+ Posts

McNamee has no reason to lie. Why is he telling the truth about Pettitte, Knoblauch and Clemen's wife and lying about Clemens?

16. Handler XIII

Handler XIII 1,000+ Posts

17. kevwun

kevwun 1,000+ Posts

Keep it up. Everyone is lying except Roger.

18. Handler XIII

Handler XIII 1,000+ Posts

Who is this "everyone" you speak of?

19. Not Shinola

Not Shinola 250+ Posts

According to Clemens he is adamantly against HGH and Steroids. Why in the f**k has he been a client and friend to a personal trainer for the better part of 10 years who he knew illegally injects people with HGH.

Thats like me saying I am against child molestation, then hiring DeJesus to babysit my 8 year old.

20. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden 500+ Posts

21. LonghornMM

LonghornMM 100+ Posts

The issue here is whether Clemens did or did not take steriods and nothing else. IMO Clemens did take HGH and steriods. All he had to do was tell the truth and admit it much like Andy did and this would have blown over and it wouldn't have been a big deal. Roger, with his enormous ego, can't bring himself to admit that he did take the drugs, and from his standpoint no one should dare question him over this issue. Everyone makes mistakes and uses poor judgement from time to time, but with the stance Roger has taken he has dug himself into a hole he can't get out of now.

What, is McNamee going to make up a story about injecting Roger, that's a lie, and tell the truth about injecting Knobloch and Pettitte, which they both confirmed he did inject them? Why would he just make up this lie about Clemens? It makes no sense for him to fabricate a story about Clemens. For Clemens to claim that "he was shocked to learn that Andy had taken HGH" is laughable. Come on. If your best buddy and work out partner is contemplating taking something like this you know they would have talked about it before and after his use. Also, Roger claims that he didn't know McNamee injected his wife? Come on Roger, you can't be serious. He and Debbie would have also discussed that as well.

If it is proven by a federal investigation that Clemens did indeed take the drugs and that he has willingly lied about it, he should be punished to the full extent of the law due to his stubbornness, ridiculous ego and stupidity for lying under oath to the U.S. Senate.

The man has balls and is an egomaniac IMO. I'm a Texas guy to the core, but I've lost all respect for Roger Clemens.

22. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

23. eflow24

eflow24 1,000+ Posts

Come on now, I thought we were past this. We were both hoping it would be a series of conversations, not just a word 10 years ago, that Clemens corrected in 2005. Maybe that is all you needed, but I was hoping it would end the issue. Does it not seem weird to you that they would have only mentioned it once if it was already out in the open? If Roger knew about him and he knew about Roger why did Roger correct him in 2005?

That is all I am asking?

24. Mister Falcon

Mister Falcon 250+ Posts

I know of no burden of proof in any courtroom that requires proof beyond ALL doubt.

If Clemens is telling the truth, then this is one fantastic conspiracy - something Oliver Stone couldn't come up with. It means that his drug dealer told the truth about 3 clients but lied about Roger. It also means that Roger's good buddy misunderstood him. It also means a B-12 shot miraculously produced some absess, MacNamee manufactured evidence, and Roger somehow got better as he aged and so on and so on.

This is a Mount Everest of evidence. I swear, some of you need a video of Roger getting injected to think he did it.

You think Pettitt just misunderstood him on top of EVERYTHING else? C'mon.

25. wildcat09

wildcat09 100+ Posts

Hell, would anyone care to address why he's getting b12 shots in his *** when it's easily taken in a pill form and in plenty of protein supplements that would have much better effects than a simple shot of b12?

26. Jethro

Jethro 25+ Posts

Longhorn_94, hate to get off topic, but what's the latest from OJ on his hunt for the real killers?

27. PacSER

PacSER 500+ Posts

28. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

I'm watching the circus on CSPAN right this moment. Here was one point that nobody has mentioned.

First, Clemens claims that he was as shocked as anyone when he read recently that Pettite admitted to using HGH.

Then later he recalls a conversation he and Andy had in the Atlanta lockeroom in 2006 when the Jason Grimsley story hit. According to Roger, Andy walks into the room looking "white as a ghost" and sits down with his head between his hands and says "what are you going to tell them". Roger's response is "the truth". So, if Roger didn't know that Pettite had used HGH he wouldn't ask his best friend why he was so distraught? Why was he "white as a ghost"?

I don't think anyone is being truthful in this matter but Roger knew Pettite was using before his recent acknowledgement. Though each individual piece of evidence has credibility issues I think the volume of it combined with Clemens untruthfulness shows to be that he used and is now lying.

29. Mister Falcon

Mister Falcon 250+ Posts

You are not living on planet earth if you think MacNamee lied to avoid perjury charges. HE TOLD THE TRUTH TO AVOID PERJURY CHARGES.

Assume for the sake of your retarded position that Clemens is innocent - What is the better position for MacNamee if he wants to avoid perjury charges?

1. Changing your story and implicating Clemens, even though he didn't do it, and even though you now have to worry about keeping your BS, highly detailed story straight under the glare of Congress and his high priced lawyers.
    2. Telling the truth.

MacNamee had no motive to lie and implicate Clemens. In fact, the fact that he would have had to change a truth into a lie to implicate an innocent Clemens confirms even further that he is telling the truth. The evidence against Clemens was so strong that MacNamee basically said, "It's going to come out that I'm a ******* liar, but there is no way I will be able to keep Clemens off the hook when everyone and everything else is going to implicate him. I tried to be loyal to the guy, but I don't want to go to jail." He didn't say, "Well, Congress doesn't seem satisfied yet; maybe if I concoct some convoluted conspiracy, manufacture a bunch of evidence, and pray to God that Andy Pettitt misinterpreted a conversation, I can get out of this mess."

This is logic 101 people. Concern about perjury motivates scared simpletons to tell the truth, not to change a truth into a lie.

30. Tailgate

Tailgate 500+ Posts

Roger Clemens used HGH.