Clemens pitched last night

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by orangecat1, Aug 26, 2012.

1. orangecat1

orangecat1 500+ Posts

I just read the report that he had good command of his splitter and his fastball was 87-88 mph.

He's got a month left to make an appearance in a MLB uniform, if he wants to reset the clock on the hall of fame. All he has to do is make one pitch.

No doubt the 'stros would do it, imagine the gate alone.

He pitched 3 and 1/3 last night. I would guess he would pitch an inning or two against the weakest lineup the 'stros would face.

So, does the additional five year period make him more palatable to the HOF voters? Some of those guys will probably die in the next five years.

Bonds is cussing somewhere because he didn't think of this tactic, I'm guessing.

2. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Get the feeling that Roger is trying to prove something about his innate natural ability and shut up anyone who wants to suggest his numbers are all doped up. For the record I am reasonably confident he did use HGH late in his career but for longevity not to add a mile or two to his fastball. He is and should be a first ballot hall of famer. [​IMG]

3. petscii

petscii 250+ Posts

I get the impression that Roger is a highly competitive person and this is the next challenge on his list.

If they let Andy Pettitte in to the HOF they have to let Bonds and the rest in as well.

4. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Couldn't Bonds sign on as a free agent with the Giants or Pirates when the rosters expand in September and take a
    meaningless at bat in a game.

They still love him in San Francisco and would be as big or
    bigger event as Roger pitching in Houston. I know they are in
    a pennant race, but he could still get an at bat.

5. orangecat1

orangecat1 500+ Posts

yeah, Bonds could, but here is why I say he's probably cussing, because he didn't think of it first.

If Bonds does it now, after Roger it's transparent he's doing this, everyone will know it. With Roger at least he has shown some success, and he will also be able to show a moderate amount of success on the major league field, compared to Bonds, who will most likely strike out or pop up.

6. petscii

petscii 250+ Posts

That and there is the suspicion that teams colluded to keep Bonds out of baseball.