Clemson QB makes TX reference

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by humahuma, Jan 10, 2017.

1. humahuma

humahuma 1,000+ Posts

''I was calm,'' Watson said. He said he thought about Vince Young's last-second touchdown for Texas that derailed the Southern California's championship run in the 2005 championship game at the Rose Bowl. He told his team: ''Let's go be great.''

• Like Like x 6
  2. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

That was cool.

3. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

4. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

5. JustWin

JustWin 250+ Posts

6. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Hookem Mr Watson.

7. Horn87

Horn87 1,000+ Posts

I told my wife today what Watson said last night about how he idolized Vince and how he remembered the NC game vs SC. She then said, "well I thought you were going to say how he (Watson) may have said something about thanking God." My response: I just did--Vince IS God! (dodging lightning strike) as she rolled her eyes

8. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

Very good quote. but I still like VYs last words before greatness per Kasey Studdard. Tried to find it to post the exact quote but could not find it. Let your ....

Anyone remember the exact quote? It was classic

9. JustWin

JustWin 250+ Posts

You probably mean this one...

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...ll-life-nfl-network/5tivvmsoflcb1esjwc005qt5c

2. What was Vince Young’s message to Texas in the huddle before that winning drive? Former Texas offensive lineman Kasey Studdard didn’t mince words with the colorful message: “Let your nuts hang, *******. Let’s go.”

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  10. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

YES! Thank you JW!