Clinically Proven

Discussion in 'Quackenbush's' started by NickDanger, Mar 11, 2012.

1. NickDanger

NickDanger 2,500+ Posts

Is that the biggest marketing item of ******** ever? I can set up my own "clinic" in a strip mall or even my own home and "prove" anything with ridiculously flawed techniques. I could interview two people in my own home "clinic" and then say that a face cream or whatever has ben clinically proven to do whatever I say. Are people really that stupid to buy that line of crap?

The FDA is probably horribly flawed, but at least they SEEM to try.

2. mcbrett

mcbrett 2,500+ Posts

Here's a solution:

Use the internet! Today there are only so many products but so much more users of those products willing to share their private details on whether or not they work.

For example- I drink Acai drinks because they taste great and I figure they are healthy too. In my grocery store I saw they had a product called Acai cleanse. It was something that would 'flush' a few pounds of your waste out of your system and boost your immunity etc. So- the first layer of research was the same typical BS you are talking about. But going on the comments section on Amazon and 2 or 3 other places where it is sold I found out from about 100 users that it is really just a laxative with better marketing. Those comments saved me $20 and 4 days on the toilet.

Short of a new cancer drug that isn't well used- I think most everything else you can find user comments about online, and that serves as the new 'clinical studies.'

3. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

My favorite: AS SEEN ON TV!

That’s nearly as good as “proving” it in a “clinic” somewhere.

4. Coelacanth

Coelacanth Guest

In education, the phrase of choice is "research-based", and it's an important part of what's killing our public education system.

5. AustinTejasFan

AustinTejasFan 1,000+ Posts

"Are people really that stupid to buy that line of crap? "

Oh yeah, we buy all that crap. That and the hippocratic oath, pledge of allegiance, and ten commandments.