Coach Bro to USC

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LonghornCatholic, Dec 5, 2018.

1. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

@Htown77, have you attempted to watch the NFL lately? I'm not surprised.

2. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Presumably he will have a valid defensive coordinator on his staff in the NFL. And at least a smidgen of talent on that side of the ball too.

3. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

I suspect much comes from the sort of numbers being put up by Mahomes (as well as being seen on other fields around the league that have embraced the wide open passing game) and feel he is as well-versed in it as anyone...but it makes a lot more sense to have him as an OC than a head coach given the overall records.

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Former Cibolo Steele/Bowling Green coach, Mike Jinks, will be joining Kingsbury in Arizona.

6. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Did he ever play for or coach with Kliff"s dad?

7. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

One time the Longhorns had a QB and WR that were roommates, which is very interesting because their dads were also roommates. I just wanted y'all to know that.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  8. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

I listened to a few sports talk shows about the KK hiring. The general consensus seemed to be that he got the job because a) his reputation for developing qbs (Mahomes, Manziel, etc), b) he's an attractive man who represents what a football coach should look like, and C) Arizona is hoping to catch lightning in a bottle like the Rams did with young Sean McVay..

9. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Coach Breo may have figured out that coordinators go a season before the HC.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

11. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

God the Cardinals are going to be even worse. I don't understand how they can make a hire like this... a guy with so little success in EVERYTHING except coaching some guys who were good QBs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

Maybe the Cardinals are hiring KK as PLAYER/Coach; he's what, 39, Brady's 41? :yippee:

Just kidding.

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

It's Bill Bidwell & family. When was the last time they made an intelligent decision regarding their franchise?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Sounds like Rhule will be the Jets coach by tonight
    Although not yet final

15. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Cardnals aggying it up. RC for DC? How long until they announce that JFF will be joining the team as either starting QB or QB Coach and Party Coordinator?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

heh

18. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

From quotes this morning it seems the hang-up was the amount of front office involvement in naming the coaching staff. Rhule may have missed his chance for some time if Baylor slips in 2019.

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Looks like a 'no' on Spavital

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  20. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

With zero NFL coaching experience himself, you'd think KK would be loading up with gnarly old NFL assistant coaches. Instead he's hiring his buddies from the college and high school ranks. I'm sure this is going to go well.

On a positive note, I here he and Holly Sonders are an item.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  21. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Now that I know that Dale Hansen. local dallas sport mouthpiece, thinks hiring of KK at Ariz is racist
    I will support KK all the way
    what bs

22. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

6721, don’t you know that the hiring of any white or whiteish shaded male is considered racist these days? We’re a disappearing species that will be extinct sooner rather than later. In fact, I’m surprised that we are still allowed to reproduce in this country.

:coolnana:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  23. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

Hansen saw that KK was hired, didn't wait to see the third K, didn't need to.

Simply put, Kingsbury is 2/3 Klan member.

Reminds me of a few years ago, some eastern U.S. university rabble forced the change of a campus building from using the name of a mega donor, last name Lynch, because "Lynch" triggered snowflakes into association with lynching, was therefore racist, so building name had to be changed.

The Attorney General of the United States at the time was one Loretta Lynch, a black woman.

???

• Agree Agree x 3
  24. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Honestly, I don't know how she golfs with those things in the way. Balance and free flowing movement are important and both have to be somewhat impeded.

• Funny Funny x 1