Coach poll

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by jackden, Nov 15, 2009.

1. jackden

jackden 100+ Posts

2. centexorange

centexorange 1,000+ Posts

FL one and Bama 3 Jeeeeez what bs.

3. ProdigyDub

ProdigyDub 500+ Posts

TCU gained a whopping 15 points after crushing a ranked team. Sucks for them.

5. OrangeChipper

OrangeChipper 1,000+ Posts

Okie State up all the way to 13! BCS at large eligible here real soon!

6. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I saw that, Chipper. It will be interesting what kind of love the BCS poll gives the Pokes.

7. for_real

for_real 25+ Posts

The Big 10 is down this year, but they have 3 in the top 15???? What a farce this system is! The BCS committee is worse than the Mafia!

8. John Galt

John Galt 100+ Posts

Worse. They have 4 (OSU, PState, Wisc and Iowa)

9. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

How Florida stays number 1 after all the lackluster wins they have is amazing. When Texas wasnt beating teams convincingly enough earlier in the season, we dropped! When Florida doesnt do it, its "just win baby."

Please.

10. Victorious1

Victorious1 250+ Posts

I was thinking about FL holding the #1 spot as well with many teams playing much better ball. I guess voters are relunctant to drop last years NC until they lose a game no matter how average they are playing.

11. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

what is shocking is that 48 coaches think Fl is playing the best ball in the country right now.

12. FW_Horn_32

FW_Horn_32 100+ Posts

Who cares!!!! The polls are ridiculous, and we know it. Just win out!

[​IMG]

13. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

USC at #21 with three Pac-10 teams ranked ahead of them--it's about time people wake up and smell the Trojans' conference struggles.

14. GHoward

GHoward 2,500+ Posts

15. GHoward

GHoward 2,500+ Posts

16. Orangesweat

Orangesweat 2,500+ Posts

17. orangecat

orangecat 1,000+ Posts

it appears that some coaches are actually paying some attention. Example, USC was the top ranked two loss team last week, this week there are four three loss teams in front of them.

Other interesting item, Navy is #27, with an 8-3 record. I wonder what the chances are Navy could play USC in a bowl game? That would be fun to watch.

18. Pericles

Pericles 1,000+ Posts

With the SEC bias, Texas will likely have to wait until January 7 to eliminate any interference of the voters' prejudices in the rankings.

Jeff has the PAC 10 rated higher than the SEC:

www.kiva.net/~jsagarin/sports/cfsend.htm