Coach Stephen Ambrose Sarkisian.......Staff

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LonghornCatholic, Jan 3, 2021.

1. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

I don’t smoke a zillion cigars, and only rarely drop much money on them. I like Flor de las Antillas madero torpedos. About $9 each. When I have spent a lot more, I haven’t noticed the difference that much, and when I have had the chance to smoke Cubans (overseas or Canada), even though I went upscale, it was good, but not like the difference between good coffee and bad coffee. More like the difference between good coffee and other good coffee.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  2. militaryhorn

militaryhorn Prediction Contest Manager

Info on Cuban Cigars changed in September last year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Good people sometimes do inexplicable stuff. Personally I'm working to forgive more and resent less. Curious beneficial side effect is that I'm happier and nicer to people.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

They hire Cubans to hand roll them in different Central American/Caribbean countries (Ive tried both Hondurans and Dominicans for example) but they are not the same. Maybe its the Cuban dirt?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Still too soon?

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

There is a video of her performance on Springer
    Anyone who wants to find it can
    You were warned ahead of time

7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

You may be correct about Randy but I am pretty sure this is the same Jonny who backed up Brees in high school

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Will the bogus reporters retract their bogus reports and apologize?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Wade Phillips? :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  11. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

In a word, Never. The Website might acknowledge, but the reporter Never.

12. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

That's why it is always the "source". They are never wrong, it was the source.

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The Chang replacement, I think

Steve Sarkisian’s Texas staff is snagging another key staffer from the Southeastern Conference.

Multiple sources confirm to FootballScoop that veteran player personnel director Drew Hughes is leaving South Carolina for a key personnel role Sarkisian’s Longhorns program.

Hughes carries virtually universal respect in college football among his peers, with noteworthy stops in his career at Alabama, Florida, Central Florida and Tennessee, where he served two years under Jeremy Pruitt before he reunited a year ago with Will Muschamp at South Carolina.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Roach of 247

I'm told today that Johnny Nansen is now a name of interest on the Texas radar.

Nansen has a lot of history on the west coast, and he’s spent quite a bit of time with Sarkisian. After starting his career at Idaho, Nansen worked under Sarkisian at Washington as Special Teams Coordinator, Recruiting Coordinator and Defensive Line Coach. Nansen then moved on to USC where he coached running backs and later linebackers. Nansen left USC this year for UCLA, but we are told he’s a name that Sarkisian could jump on right away. His all time list of recruits includes Adoree’ Jackson, Ronald Jones, Gary Bryant, Talanoa Hufanga, Levi Jones and Maninoa Tufono and John Ross. Nansen coached multiple positions, so it's unclear of what his fit my be. If you're looking for any tie-ins to this name that could indicate the direction of the defensive coordinator search, Nansen worked with Tosh Lupoiat one time, who we have heard is still a name of interest for Sarkisian.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Steve Sarkisian making a try at holding Bryan Carrington

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

18. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Didn’t think Texas was woke enough for him to stay.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I have mixed feelings about retaining him
    But most of the time I just want to flush all the EOT haters down the toilet never to be seen again

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
  20. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Like I said, Texas could do that and forfeit 2021.

• Like Like x 2
    • poop poop x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

According to BamaInsider.com, Sarkisian has made "a substantial financial offer" to Pete Golding for the DC position. But Saban is fighting to keep him. And the agent is Jimmy Sexton.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  22. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Admittedly I’m far from being an expert on DCs but Golding just doesn’t excite me. From what I have been told, he doesn’t excite many Bama fans either.

The problem may be that the list of desirable and available candidates has been shrinking by the day.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

I don't know if Ash is gone already but I thought he did a credible job last season.

• Agree Agree x 4
  24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Some tweets from people close to the program too make your feel better about it
    Connor O'Gara is "national columnist for Saturday Down South"
    Mike Rodak is "reporter for AL.com. Previously covered Buffalo Bills for ESPN and Patriots for ESPNBoston
    Stephen M. Smith is "Senior reporter for Alabama football via Alabama mag" and Bama grad.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

I don't know why the talk now is Saban is fighting to keep Golding, when a few days ago it was Saban will be happy to get rid of Golding.

He doesn't necessarily excite me either, but it appears all the top candidates are off the table. I woulda been fine with keeping Ash as the defense definitely got better at the end of the season, but "incredible job"? He left holes so big against TCU I coulda scored.

26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

New assistants generally get to bring one coach with them. Ash's one choice was to bring along Jay Valai. IMO, as the year went on, Valai became less and less impressive. Which, IMO, cast a cloud over the whole thing. OTOH, he worked for Meyer in the past and he seems willing to hire him again.

In terms of modern defensive stats, Ash had us ranked 40th in DFEI. In 2019, we were 54th, so even though its not that impressive, it was an improvement over the previous season. For the sake of comparison, Golding was DC at Bama for 2 seasons and had them at 10th in 2019 in DFEI and 20th in 2020.

27. RainH2burntO

I agree, Poms....but He gone.
    Everyone listen up....
    Ash is gone.
    Ash is gone.
    He is gone.
    He has already left the building and is in a car
    Which isn't even the car he was in when he left Austin
    He has since boarded a plane
    Is now out of the plane
    And is in another car
    And that car is in Jacksonville
    Florida
    In his driveway
    At his new house

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  28. RainH2burntO

We've run master class so far on the assistants transitions and hires....with one big exception...
    Looks like we have some guys and agents just playing us now for their own greater gain more than we are pulling any strings.
    Hope I'm wrong....but Lanning thing was weird...and now Golding....and we dont know what else has gone on (and that is a good thing in a way).
    If we didn't offer Lanning the job we should have come out immediately with a press release to discredit and counter what came out.
    And I wouldn't let anyone toy with us....though now...it appears leverage has moved to anyone's side who is negotiating with us because we may begin to be appearing desperate in our search. (Hopefully not midnight flights to personal driveways desperate)
    I hope this isn't true and if it is true I hope we have some good actors managing the search.

• Winner Winner x 1
  29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The assumption with him is that he is tied to the hip with Matt Campbell

30. havoc7701

havoc7701 Sponsor and Aggy Ridiculer

OK, now I’ve caught up on the last 20 pages of this thread. I too share some posters’ apprehension on the lack of confirmed news on a DC hire but I trust in Coach Sark so we’ll have to wait and see. I’m really excited about the other assistant hires even taking into account the stripper Twitter account...:fire:

In other news did anyone else notice that @horninchicago and @moondog_LFZ both posted Seinfeld clips? Sounds like we could get them into the same room and laughing together with Seinfeld streaming on a large TV in the post-game afterglow from a big Horns 2021 win. :beertoast:

• Like Like x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1