Coach Stephen Ambrose Sarkisian.......Staff

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LonghornCatholic, Jan 3, 2021.

1. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Big updates from IT, Offensive staff seems done. Ash is less likely, he could be going to Arizona. Bo Davis seems in, lots of smoke on Tosh, Hutzler is getting a hard look, Gideon is being considered for ST, Corey Raymond is a possibility, we are looking for a DC

• Like Like x 1
  2. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Rain,
    I stay as far from West Mall as I do news programs. My serenity level is much higher that way.

• Like Like x 1
  3. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

For what it's worth my Bama buddy said we don't want Tosh as DC- said he is a great recruiter but he's **** at calling D. He also said folks at Bama are not happy with Sark stripping the offensive staff if the rumors or true. Said there is an unwritten rule with Saban that when you move up and on you don't tear the house down when you leave.
    Why Tosh Lupoi leaving Alabama was long expected

• Like Like x 1
  4. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

I got bored during COVID and dipped my toe in there a few times. What a mistake!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

LOL. I'm sure Saban would do the same thing if he could.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Football scoop is reporting that Wiggins is in as WR coach. Guys we just got a WR coach who coached a heisman candidate this year. Recruiting gonna be tasty

• Like Like x 3
  7. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Wasn’t Carrington a big anti-EoT on Twitter?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

FootballScoop.com reporting that AJ Milwee, Ark. St OC, will be Sark's QB coach.

9. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

I've seen anti-EoT term but do not know what it means.

10. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

If Carrington isn't retained then maybe Lupoi would be good for RC and not a position coach?

11. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Sark is following Carrington on twitter. Talks are in the works to retain Carrington

• Like Like x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

IT on the offense
    Texas arrives on the leading edge of offense with Sarkisian hire - Inside Texas

" ...... Sarkisian lives on the leading edge of offensive strategy. In the Big 12 Conference, it’s where he’ll have to stay.

During an introductory call with reporters, Sarkisian spoke about how his offense was effective in the Pac-12, the NFL, and the SEC. In 2014, his lone full season at USC as head coach, his offense was No. 18 in offensive S&P+.

In his two years at Alabama, he picked up where Lane Kiffin left off in helping Nick Saban see that scoring as many points as possible was the way to success. The Crimson Tide were No. 2 in offensive SP+ behind a historically explosive LSU Tigers offense in 2019.

They had no peer in 2020 and were No. 1.

In other measures, the Tide possess lofty rankings. They’re No. 6 in total offense, No. 2 in scoring offense, No. 1 in team passing efficiency, and No. 5 in passing offense.

Of course, a benefit to being at Alabama is access to some of the best college football players in the country. Najee Harris was one of the top prospects in the country in 2017. The Crimson Tide plucked DeVonta Smith out of Amite, LA. Mac Jones has time behind a behemoth offensive line to find players like Smith.

Before Smith, Jones, and Harris found themselves in the top five of Heisman voting, Tua Tagovailoa, Jerry Jeudy, and others excelled under Sarkisian’s watch.

Having access to these players is a perk of the job, but under Sarkisian the Crimson Tide offense is dismantling opponents in historic fashion...."

13. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

With Milwee set to come aboard, the new-look Texas offensive staff is set to look like this, according toFootballScoop sourcesand media reports:

Kyle Flood: Offensive coordinator/offensive line
    AJ Milwee: Quarterbacks
    Stan Drayton: Running backs
    Holmon Wiggins: Wide receivers

• Like Like x 1
  14. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

anti The Eyes of Texas.

15. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

I don't buy into all this "He developed a Heisman candidate", and stuff... I don't care how good a coach is...he is not going to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear or turn chicken **** into chicken salad......Now on the other hand a bad coach can stunt development. If a coach has a long history of sending players to the league who were not highly regarded out of high school, THEN ya got something. Any coach with half a brain can point a Ricky Williams or that Bama WR in the right direction. If a coach shows he can't develop high school studs, then ya got a dud.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

17. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

Are we sure it is Carrington and not Samples that helped inked Herman's best classes?

• Hot Hot x 2
  18. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

It may be a good idea to see how the new HC and his staff with guidance from CDC and Hartzel choose to handle the EYOT issue in 2021.

Could be a clean slate is in effect.

19. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Samples was going to be the big hitter in the DFW , NTX area. (Especially the Duncanville pipeline) Unfortunately wasn't here long enough to get it going.

20. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

Guidance ??? Pretty simple..Love it or leave it !!!! Anything else is not acceptable. I'm not attending a sporting event until I see LHN showing everyone on every team with their horns up for The Eyes !!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

True about bad coaching, but great coaching turns an elite player into a national award winner at their position or heisman winner. It doesn't just happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Reporting from football scoop is that Jeff banks Is Remaining at Alabama

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Just getting the right OL coach would be a monumental improvement. And Flood seems like the guy. It feels like about the only hing we have been really good at over the last 11 years is making one bad OL coach hire after another.

Milwee supposed to be an up and comer too

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  24. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Not trying to be a spoil sport, but here's some info on Kyle Flood:

Controversies over player misconduct[edit]
    The 2015 football season was marred by alleged misconduct by Flood and the arrests on violent felony criminal charges of several players.[3] There were doubts that Flood would be coaching the season opener and some speculation amongst news media and fans about the possibility of Flood's firing or resignation.[4][5][6][7] The 15-member Rutgers Board of Governors, one of the school's two governing bodies, met with university president Robert Barchi on September 11 in a closed-door emergency session to discuss ongoing "athletic matters" and the potential for litigation.[8][9][10]

• On May 24, 2015, redshirt freshman defensive back Darian Dailey was arrested in Florida on felony robbery charges.[11][12]
    • In late August 2015, Flood suspended five players for the first half of the season opener for breaking curfew.[13][14][15][16]
    • On September 3, 2015, six players were arrested and charged with felony assault, armed robbery, criminal restraint, conspiracy, riot, and weapons possession; these charges stemmed from an April 26, 2015 incident in New Brunswick, New Jersey characterized as a home invasion robbery.[13][17][18] Five players were dismissed from the team moments before the season-opening football game against the Norfolk State Spartans. [13][17] A sixth player was arrested a few days later.[18][19] Several arrested players had previous arrests for other criminal charges.[17]
    • One of the suspects in the home invasion robbery and assault was the center of an ongoing investigation into Flood for possible violations of school policy and NCAA regulations for claims that Flood contacting faculty regarding the academic status of a player.[13][17] Flood defied academic support staff by contacting a professor to attempt to establish the player's eligibility.[20] On September 16, 2015, the university-led investigation determined that Flood's conduct was improper and Barchi fined Flood $50,000 and suspended him for three games. Rutgers associate head coach Norries Wilson coached the three games against Penn State, Kansas, and Michigan State.[21][22]

:idk:

• WTF? WTF? x 2
  25. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

If not mistaken, he sided with the players who didn’t want sing the Eyes of Texas.

26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Banks not a lock
    Not so high on Wiggins

[​IMG]

27. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

Let him go !!!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  28. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

I am with Majestic ... Carrington help recruit those players who made social issues more important than football. Let's clean the slate (except for Drayton)

To borrow a phrase from another sport, gimme gym rats all day ... focus should be football.

• Like Like x 1
  29. George Bailey

George Bailey No beans in my chili, thank you

.... yo rulz, Saban![​IMG]

30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Some follow up from Mike Roach on Odom

There was a report from Dennis Dodd that Barry Odom is on the shortlist to be the defensive coordinator for Steve Sarkisian. While Odom isn't considered a recruiting rainmaker, he is a certified dude as a defensive coordinator. A native of Lawton, Oklahoma and former linebacker at Mizzou, Odom coached high school football in Oklahoma and Missouri before moving into the college ranks. Odom spent time at Missouri before moving to Memphis as a DC. He came back to Missouri in the same role and was eventually elevated to head coach. After being dismissed he took a job with Arkansas where he consistently got more with less in 2020. One source I spoke with said that Odom is a serious guy who doesn't BS. As a recruiter, I was told he relates well to coaches because of his background in high school football. He's shown solid results over the years as a recruiter, but his biggest impact would be on the field. Looking through his resume, there are no obvious ties or crossovers to Steve Sarkisian. That tells me he's getting outside of his comfort zone and looking for the best candidates rather than falling back on coaches he has a long history with. I think that bodes well for how this staff could potentially come together.

I spoke to a source near Odom who said that the Arkansas DC would likely listen and be interested in the chance to join a blue blood and work with the type of player one has access to at Texas. That said, it's going to take a lot. Odom likes the staff he works with at Arkansas and feels he can build off what they did this year. His family is also enjoying life in Northwest Arkansas where his sons are involved in football.