Coach Stephen Ambrose Sarkisian.......Staff

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LonghornCatholic, Jan 3, 2021.

1. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

MD Anderson is not involved yet.

2. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

It's hard to know imo. We had 1 year of him. Doesn't mean we did poorly, but imo, CB has not been a strong point for several years.

What I'd say to a new coach... Get your guy (assuming it isn't a Stoops) and go to battle. No regrets.

3. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I’m blown away by the staff, plus the ability — the wisdom and finesse — to do a late pivot away from Stoops. That speaks volumes.

While they will have to prove it on the field and in recruiting, if coaching matters (and it does), we might be very happy campers this fall.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  4. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Ha! But if you don’t have the will to do so, that may be problematic.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
  5. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Ha. Nice.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Post of the day!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

8. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

Its appears that's the case but pretty stupid, let the man do his job. Every staff needs a hard *** and he would know OU really well to help game plan. As a position coach, he'd be great. Guess these boosters forgot about DKR and Mack Brown and multiple other position coaches who coached there. Worked pretty well for OU when they hired Bobby Jack Wright. But, it is someone's million dollars that is paying for this so I guess they can dictate just like Jerry in Dallas.

Wish I would have won Powerball or Mega Millions this week, I'd me making some big changes on the Forty Acres.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. 2003TexasGrad

Well whatever the truth is, I like who we got. I doubt Sark was reading Longhorn message boards and suddenly just decided to call Choate at the last second. There had to have been some prior communication.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Txreds

Txreds 250+ Posts

I think comparing Stoops to Mack and Royal is inaccurate. He would only be a position coach and not head coach. If we were to become dissatisfied who knows what he might divulge to his brother. Let’s not forget Bob helped OU plan for their bowl game. I just think it’s uncertainty we don’t need in the program.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. majorfan2005

majorfan2005 100+ Posts

There’s also a big difference between someone who OC’d one year at OK (Brown) and the brother of a Sooner coaching legend. A legend that is still an assistant in OU football. I’m ecstatic that we got Choate.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

I don't tend to give much credence to conspiracy risks. Lol

I'm sure it happens , but coaching families coach for different teams. It happens. I don't think they sabotage like that much at all.

13. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I am ecstatic we got Choate too.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

Among the BMDs yes. The "great unwashed" no.

15. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Props go to the BMDs for not settling. Now we have a coaching staff that feels like a cast of all stars. It's going to make a world of difference as far as recruiting goes. And then the victories will come. :yippee:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

good stuff from Acho ...

• Like Like x 5
  17. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

Sark noticed ...

• Like Like x 5
  18. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

When we lose: passed gas, no beans.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

• Like Like x 5
  20. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

BA:coolnana:
    Once again GREAT vids
    I think his point about delegating is often overlooked.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Quote from the Stampede

I talked to a few coaches who had contact with Steve Sarkisian. Those sources called him a breath of fresh air to the program in contrast to the dealings they had with Tom Herman. While Herman came off a bit abrasive at times, I was told that Sarkisian’s laid back nature and welcoming attitude. The biggest thing I’ve heard has been how inclusive Sarkisian is with his willingness to take feedback from others.

• Like Like x 4
    • Hot Hot x 1
  22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

From TFB on Hughes and cruitng

One of Sark’s first orders of business was to bring in one of the original Alabama Saban personnel guys in Drew Hughes. Sark plans to build out a personnel and recruiting department similar to the one Nick Saban has at Alabama.

When coach Herman got to Texas he beefed up the recruiting but from what we are told Sark is going to expand it even more.

You may see a “front office” twice the size of the previous one. In fact, I’m told that Texas plans to hire not one, but two directors of high school relations.

So, for those of you who have asked if there will be some high school coaches hired, I think that is certainly a possible. Texas is going to pay the personnel guys enough that they will be able to attract quite a bit of talent. From what I’ve heard, the salary increases for guys in the office sound pretty significant.

Music to my ears. Or eyes I guess. Is that even possible?

• Like Like x 4
  23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

THE Mark Henry

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  24. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

A very good development.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. 2003TexasGrad

Mark looks like he's ready for his floor routine.

• Funny Funny x 4
  26. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I am more interested in seeing Mark on the uneven bars. With a double flip dismount..

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  27. 2003TexasGrad

I almost went with the balance beam. Imagining Mark doing any of it is hilarious.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

On the recruiting support staff, IT reporting that Bryan Carrington, Jake Langi and Brandon Harris have been retained.

They expect an influx of new names with Texas ties to help newly hired Drew Hughes, and the budget has supposedly increased quite a bit.

If you want to add these guys to your Twitter follows, their names are below.

@DHughes2FB
    @BCarringtonUT
    @jakelangi
    @B6Harris

• Like Like x 1
  29. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Channeler = Bearer of the Message

30. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

DC and OLB position coach. Choate is ILB position coach and Co-DC.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021