Coach Vic: Articles & Interviews

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by GameOfHorns, Apr 29, 2020.

1. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

Haven’t listened yet. Don’t think it’s already been posted . . . #HookEm

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. racerx5908

racerx5908 1,000+ Posts

I find it fascinating how coaches, when they change jobs, go ALL IN. What I mean is that this is an Aggie and he's now got the Longhorn t-shirt and burnt orange cow hide seats (although the shelves in the back are empty because they must still be moving in).

I know almost all coaches never end up coaching at their alma mater. It's just interesting this dynamic causing an Aggie to be all Longhorn.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

We can only hope an A&M grad has as much success at Texas as a sooner (DKR) or Baylor grad (Conradt).

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

As a coach, I don’t think I would have fared well coaching for other than, or against, my alma mater.

Last edited: May 1, 2020
  5. HnH

HnH 100+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  6. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

I think he’s all in!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

No, it is his acknowledgment of aggy's football greatness.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Craig’s looking a bit scruffy...

• Like Like x 3
  9. racerx5908

racerx5908 1,000+ Posts

Podcast with Vic:
    https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=a...Ewjxt9iN5abpAhVFnq0KHYJMAMkQieUEegQICRAE&ep=6
    What's of interest in here is:
    1) He hasn't gotten a house in Austin yet, wife has to go house-hunting
    2) We know he was born in Austin, seems because dad was a bird-colonel, probably Bergstrom AFB
    3) Discusses being spanked by UConn and then playing them the next year
    4) Discusses Mulkey and his history with her - he ain't taking none of her guff

• Like Like x 4
  10. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

Yeah in the Craig Way interview he talked about someone buying out from under his wife. That was surprising to hear. My friend is a real estate agent and he's getting no income right now at all and published real estate transactions in Austin over the last month and it's so pedestrian. Really shocked they'd be in a competitive situation.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

Andrea Lloyd interviews Jody and Vic. While they wait for Vic to show, Jody makes some very good points about next fall and football. I know a lot of you on here care about this one, he says practices will be open to the fans. Apparently, Johnnie Harris has found a house but Vic and his wife still have not.

• Like Like x 5
  12. 32horn

32horn < 25 Posts

Amazing interview and visit..I welcome the new staff n coach as I was there for Coach Conradts first game and was at the National Championship in Lexington and the shot in Bowling Green which lasted 5 seconds and kept us out of the final four in Austin the year before.... .Small plane rides to Fayetteville to Barnhill and so much more..A new era Longhorn Nation can be proud of .Hook Em

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: May 12, 2020
  13. brnkj

brnkj 1,000+ Posts

I was especially happy to see Coach JC chat back and forth, and can appreciate the
    sincerity in her excitement about Coach Vic's hire. I agree that it's always great for a woman to get opportunities because, let's face it, this world is not fair and equal. Having said that CdC, CP, JC, Kathy, and whomever else was involved HIT IT OUT OF THE PARK by getting the best available candidate and bringing in Vic and his staff. IMO when you think of his Texas ties, personality, coaching style, knowledge of the history of the UT program and his relationship with JC... I don't think there could have been a better hire even if we would've been able to hand pick from any coach in the nation.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. racerx5908

racerx5908 1,000+ Posts

15. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Not sure if this need content but just in case...

EDIT: Looks like a compilation of previous interviews.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: May 21, 2020
  16. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Vic goes deep into his coaching history and the challenges of starting his career for anyone interested.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 500+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  18. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I’ll try to post a reminder when it’s closer to air/release date. Should be some great stories...

Vic, Jody, Gary Blair, Marsha Sharp and Mulkey.

• Like Like x 1
  19. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Not an interview or article...just good time on the lake on Blair’s birthday.

• Like Like x 5