COACHING is everything....we have talent....

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by TEXnSEATTLE, Nov 16, 2019.

1. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

So this is Sam's fault? SMH.

• Like Like x 2
  2. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Sam is our qb but more importantly he’s TH’s qb. In my eyes he’s not the best I’ve seen but he’s got what it takes to win unless he’s restricted by play calling or whatever is going on with his seeming uninspired and constrained play making right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

Sam is a good QB, but with the handcuffs Herman and Beck put on the offense a dynamic QB is required. VY type guy who can take it to the house like Greg Ward did for Houston, and Murray did at OU.

4. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Major was the best we had at changing plays. Colt was the 2nd. I have no idea what options Sam has. I do know he made some really bad reads against ISU. On the few zone reads we ran, the back side was wide open and he handed off anyway. It's not a hard read. DE crashes down, you keep, DE stays home you hand off. He's gotta be better. Last year he made a lot of progress on the deep back shoulder to CJ, but haven't seen that much this year even when CJ has been in the game. Just seems the whole offense has pulled back. Now would be a good time to put it all together.

5. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

As bad as the offense was last Saturday I don’t think much of hat was on Sam.

Herman seemed determined to run the ball even though Iowa State was sold out to stop it. Then when we finally started to throw it Sam had a couple of nice TD drives.

Then when we had a 1 pt lead and 4 + minutes and needed first downs and to score(!) TH decides incomprehensibly to milk the clock and go back to the game plan that failed us so badly running the ball.

I do not understand why in the hell he would take the game out of Sams hands like that, at that juncture of the game.

I’m not sure Coach Binder has it between the ears, or maybe he’s just trying to be too damn clever for his own good. it’s a fine line between being a genius and an arrogant idiot sometimes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1