Coaching News and Rumors

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Chop, Dec 1, 2019.

1. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

2. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

I’ve heard of poached eggs, but now we’re looking at poached ags.

:lmao:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Hot Hot x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

And I know just the OL coach who could give the ags a Hand.

:lmao:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

:usc:>>>:atm:

More on this...

"The Texas A&M Aggies have had substantial turnover within their staff this offseason, losing defensive coordinator Mike Elko, as well as strength and conditioning coach, Jerry Schmidt.

On Sunday night, that trend continued with offensive line coach Josh Henson being hired as the offensive coordinator for Lincoln Riley and the USC Trojans."

Aggies OL Coach Josh Henson Hired As USC Offensive Coordinator - Sports Illustrated Texas A&M Aggies News, Analysis and More

USC is getting more and more excited about its new hires:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  6. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Chop,

The hires for the offensive side of the ball are far more impressive. How long either will be there remains to be seen, but they may have the scoreboard brighter than has been in decades at least for a couple of years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

They should sell naming rights to Granola and Subaru.

Maybe BOGO on granola bars at the stadium would increase attendance.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Are you talking about USC, or Colo St?

9. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Colorado State

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Got it.

Colorado State does appear to be a probable stepping stone to greener pastures for some of these up-and-rising coaches. However, it's a real neat town, just a few hours from good powder skiing, and if you win about half of your games as a coach, you could probably stay there for life.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

12. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

13. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

14. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

15. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

He better hope his check clears the bank. Again, CU needs to send thank you notes to UNM for keeping CU from being the worst run school in the country.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

17. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

18. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

19. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he have a somewhat slow start here and then come on strong?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

I think so.
    He's coming back from a ruptured achilles in his first NFL season.
    Started with Texans and cut.
    Picked up by Titans when Henry went down for the season.

21. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  22. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

Tosh Lupoi (Jacksonville NFL DL, former Alabama DC, and Cal, and Washington DL coach) is expected to join Coach Lanning at Oregon as the Oregon Ducks' new Defensive Coordinator.

Rumors are that Lupoi was courted by the Florida Gators and the Miami Hurricanes.

[​IMG]

23. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Tosh Lupoi used to work for this guy while at the Washington Huskies:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  24. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

25. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

:oregon:
    A'Liqute Terry (Hawaii OL coach) is joining the Oregon off-the-field staff.

Terry was once an Oregon grad assistant working with the OL. Terry is from Miami, and played college ball at Wake Forest before coaching or grad-assisting at Oregon and Hawaii. With that broad cross-country background, I bet he'll recruit well.

[​IMG]

Oregon keeps adding coaches with Hawaii ties.
    [​IMG]

26. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

:oregon:

Still more Ducks stuff -- coaching acquisitions and potential acquisitions:

2021-22 college football coaching carousel: Follow all of the latest news and hires

"Oregon: Oregon is adding New Mexico co-OC/QB coach Drew Mehringer (TE coach) :yikes::yikes::yikes: and WKU RB coach Carlos Locklyn (RB coach), sources tell The Athletic’s Chris Vannini. Yahoo and 247Sports first reported the moves. Sources tell The Athletic’s Bruce Feldman that Oregon is targeting Penn State special teams coordinator Joe Lorig and Ole Miss strength coach Wilson Love, as well."

Just my personal opinion, but I wouldn't want Mehringer anywhere near my program...
    :fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

• poop poop x 1
  27. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I agree. When you are so toxic even Tom Herman recognizes it (and does something about it), you are about as bad as it can get.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  28. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I disagree. He was falsely called a racist by the players. He called out the cancer in the locker room. He has a job and Herman doesn’t.

• Winner Winner x 1
  29. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

mc,

but he helped Herman at Rice, Ohio State, & Third Ward, then Herman **** on him like he did the person most responsible for him climbing the ladder of success.

And I questioned why his longtime friend Aranda didn't come to Austin with him.

30. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Mehringer was terrible here. WRs without a clue as to routes, and not coming back to the QB (or at least running to open space) when the QB was scrambling for his life, looking for an open man. As a position coach, he failed here. Put that together with his locker room problems, and players’ extreme dislike of him, and I definitely would not want him around here.

• Agree Agree x 2