Coaching News and Rumors

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Chop, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Good for him, but make no mistake--it was Bielema who turned U of I's Defense into a monster.

2. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

or have him rob a 7-11 and that will keep him in Huntsville.

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's Troy Taylor (from Sac. State). The new head coach in Silicon Valley.

Sacramento State went 30-8 with a 23-1 record in a tough Big Sky Conference under Taylor. The Hornets lost a wild quarterfinal playoff game Friday night, 66-63 against Incarnate Word.

After 'road less traveled,' Taylor lands at Stanford

4. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

:stanford:

If they had acted quicker, they might have landed a registered genius as their new head coach.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

No that's not Columbia, it's the Citadel.

Citadel hires former Citadel football star Maurice Drayton as their new head coach. Don't expect them to knock off Clemson or South Carolina with any regularity, but they might start beating the little schools they play.

Drayton has been an assistant coach with the Green Bay Packers and the (not sure which city) Raiders.

Citadel grad Maurice Drayton agrees to become Bulldogs' football coach

[​IMG]
    The Citadel Bulldog cooling down "on the rocks."

[​IMG]
    Grumpy in the morning, but wanting to play fetch with a tennis ball.

[​IMG]
    Looks like they have more than one bulldog.

6. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

That doghouse is awesome.
    UGa and the collie are jealous.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

Something about this vaguely smacks of aggie...

8. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

You won't find Bevo, the Longhorn Steer, in the aisles of a Chemistry 301 class at UT...

Not even during OU week.

9. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Chop,

I had some classes I would have liked taking him in to, actually more the professors than the class subjects.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

11. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

NAVY promotes Defensive Coordinator Brian Newberry to "permanent" Head Coach position. A move to focus even more on the already pretty strong D. I see no reason Navy won't continue an option attack on O, as service academies typically do. After the departure of stud QB Perry a number of years ago, Navy has generally lagged far behind Air Force on the gridiron, and a bit behind Army as well.

Hint--what the Middies need is a really good option QB. That and a bull moose fullback.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 19, 2022
  13. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Wish Newberry the best, but how can you coach when you have to spend 75% of your time looking over your shoulder?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

If you're looking to break into the college coaching ranks at a low rung on the ladder (volunteer; assistant to the assistant), here's your chance:

:sfa::sfa::sfa:

Stephen F. Austin (FCS - TX): SFA is currently looking for 3 volunteer assistants (1 offense / 1 defense / 1 special teams). Job responsibilities would include but are not limited to film breakdown, helping with all aspects of recruiting, assisting with game preparation and assisting with a position group. This is an unpaid position, which can lead to a paid position . Applicants must be proficient in Catapult video software, Microsoft Office, Google Docs as well as other basic technology devices. Please email résumés to Special Teams Coordinator & Nickels Coach Nik Nelson at Nik.Nelson@sfasu.edu.

The Scoop - Monday December 19, 2022

In addition, to game film breakdown and analysis, game prep, and position coaching assisting, you will also be doing some recruiting...
    taking a position under her:
    [​IMG]
    Maddy Gallegos - Football Coach - Stephen F. Austin

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2022
  15. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Chop,

Ease up. I think SFA won their conference this year. That coach won a natty at East Texas State before moving to Nacogdoches. Sam has been dominate but is now suffering from a severe case of Woke-itis

16. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

The "low rung on the ladder" was meant as a reference to the fact the candidate will take an unpaid job, working as the assistant to an assistant coach. Nothing wrong with the SFA Lumberjacks. I actually kind of like them, and enjoy the company of 90% of their alums.

And the "taking a position under her" comment regarding the attractive on-campus recruiting coordinator is no more racy than lots and lots of stuff that flies on these boards...

17. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

For some reason the photo and second section of your post didn't open the first time I read it. Thanks for the photo

• Like Like x 1
  18. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

19. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

:ark::ark::ark::ark::ark::ark:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:ark::ark::ark::ark::ark::ark:

• Like Like x 1
  20. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Remember, as soon as the politicos in Austin decide to do some work for the peoples' money they are paid, SFA will become a member of the UT System. According to the SFA Press Release, "SFA will retain its name, brand, and culture." So SFA will balance aggy's Tarlton State, and we will not have to learn how to spell Nacogdoches.

21. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

SFA's current President is a season ticket holder at Memorial Stadium

• Like Like x 1
  22. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

I just asked my wife if I could quit my job to go to SFA and work under Maddy. Unfortunately, she said No.

• Funny Funny x 3
  23. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Yeah, wives typically don't like their husbands assuming a position underneath a younger attractive woman.

• Funny Funny x 2
  24. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

:huskers:

Big Red to target DFW schools more for recruiting--Nebraska is now trying to get Arlington Martin HS head coach Bob Wager on the Nebraska staff. It's not a done deal yet, but it's leaked out to the press and they're talking about it.

"Rhule is reportedly going after Texas high school coach Bob Wager. Wager coaches at Arlington Martin High School. There is no news about what exactly Wager’s role at Nebraska would be if he decides to join.

To get an idea of how dominant Wager has been in Texas, his football team has not missed the playoffs in 17 seasons. While it’s at the high school level, that kind of consistent success is worth noting."

Matt Rhule reportedly targeting high school HC from Texas for Nebraska coaching staff

25. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

26. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Wish him much luck. He will be a good recruiter for the Mean Green.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

A little too close of a resemblance to bruce Jenner for my liking....

• Funny Funny x 1
  28. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Definitely don’t assume a position under Bruce Jenner (And that includes Kaitlyn)

• Funny Funny x 1
  29. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

• Hot Hot x 2
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2022
  30. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Jimbo Fisher on line 2.

• Funny Funny x 1