Coaching News and Rumors

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Chop, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Pirates of the Barbay Coast.
    :lmao::lmao:
    :beertoast:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2023
  2. Walking Boss

Walking Boss 2,500+ Posts

At the very least Miss State will continue the late great Pirate's dominance over aggy.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

4. horn_fan_cpa

horn_fan_cpa 100+ Posts

I wonder if this is just a money grab, or says something about where he thinks TCU is headed next year. They obviously don't have much of anywhere to go but down and I'm guessing he thinks he can be part of the reason Clemson is "back".

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Sonny will do the same thing he always does. Roll with a QB who can carry the load (Morris) and reload with transfers. I honestly don't believe Riley had much to do with their skill position success this season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

7. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

8. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

On the WR coaching search...TFB saying the same guy who told them Texas was hiring Sark, is now claiming people within Alabama's program believe Holmon Wiggins is Texas' top target.

And it could be related, but Wiggins was not in a freshman WR meeting today as scheduled.

Holmon Wiggins - Football Coach - University of Alabama Athletics

• Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  9. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

I'm curious why a coach would make a lateral move from Alabama to Texas. Money? A chance to help build a champion?

• Hot Hot x 1
  10. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

11. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Echoing Creaky why make a lateral move from Bama to Ole Miss?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Maybe something going on at Bama.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Could it be each coach thinks there will be a coaching change at Texas or Ole Miss?

14. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

I doubt it. And would the wide receiver coach really be promoted to head coach?
    Probably just need a change and are making more money.
    Or maybe saban's getting ready to retire.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Or...
    Position coaches at a powerhouse like Bama have as a resume enhancer the fact that they worked under Nick Saban. Nice feather in the cap, but potential future employers might question how much they actually helped the well established Bama machine.

However, position coach for Saban PLUS another stop at a place like Texas, where you may get credit for helping with the growth trajectory (assuming it happens), and you've got a better resume that may help to earn you a coordinator's job...

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

While having worked for Nick Saban is a huge plus on the resume, the stench of being associated with Bill O'Brine is an anchor around their neck. Try as they may, the BMDs Tuscaloosa can't find anyone to take their cash and outplace O'Brine.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. HTownBevo

HTownBevo 250+ Posts

Heard Brine coming back to lead the Texans.

18. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

May be the only group this side of Garden City JUCO that would hire him, although you never know what the Haslems or Danny Bot Snyder are thinking.

Question is who will take the job on Kirby?

19. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I really believe that there’s something to “The curse of VY.”

Basically the Texans done very little with excellent picks, due to their usual underachievement. True, they did go 11-5 in 2018 (and then lost in the WC round), but they have never advanced beyond the Divisional round. And since the VY snub, they have had 7 losing seasons + two 500 ones.

It’s an embarrassment of a franchise.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

21. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Should we have^^^^?

23. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 2
  24. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]
    :arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up:
    one of the few Ohio State Buckeyes that I like

upload_2023-1-15_14-53-27.jpeg
    :arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up:
    typical Ohio State fan post-game

[​IMG]
    :tosu::tosu::tosu::tosu::tosu:
    Brian Hartline (Ohio State WRs and pass game coord) promoted to OC at Ohio State.

"It took less than five years for Brian Hartline to go from a quality control coach to an offensive coordinator at Ohio State."
    :clap::clap::clap:

(this man is certainly on the fast track, so kudos to his accomplishments---even for a much-despised team that I personally don't care much for...)

“Brian has been successful in every football capacity for which he has been engaged,” Day said in a news release. “He has progressed incredibly well from college to NFL receiver, and then from quality control coach to wide receivers coach to passing game coordinator. He figures things out quickly and he is more than ready to now transition to offensive coordinator."

Ohio State Promotes Brian Hartline to Offensive Coordinator

Brian Hartline

OSU football fans react to Brian Hartline promotion to offensive coordinator

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2023
  25. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

If only we could ever get an Ohio State Offensive Coordinator to be our coach someday!
    Their OCs are real good. It takes a genius to succeed on offense in the Big 10.
    We'd probably win the conference every year.

• Funny Funny x 2
  26. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

27. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

He just got a guaranteed contract extension before the season and is getting paid $5mil and possibly more per year thru 2027. I'd buy a one way ticket to Thailand too if I just hit the lottery jackpot. If he were to coach as a coordinator he'd still be getting paid $5mil, but why do the work if you're getting paid the same anyway. After he rests a season or two someone will scoop him up if he decides to come back.

• Agree Agree x 2
  28. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

can't blame him for wanting some fun

29. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Anyone else tired of the constant rumors about this guy? Geez, he’s 2-5 against Ohio State. Enough.

30. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1