Cole's Memorial

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests' started by VacantlyOccupied, May 22, 2002.

1. VacantlyOccupied

VacantlyOccupied 500+ Posts

Cole touched all of us and he'll never be forgotten. I wish I could offer more than words to ease your pain. Stop by anytime - you've got family and friends here.

[​IMG]

2. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

God Bless you and all your family, Marc. You have much to be proud of. I think I can speak for all Horn Fans when I say that we can't wait for Chase to take the field.

Hook 'Em, Cole. We miss you.

3. hookemtr

hookemtr < 25 Posts

I wish I could do more, but I promise he will not be forgotten. He and your family remain in our prayers.

God bless,

hookemtr

4. Primetheus

Primetheus < 25 Posts

Marc

One of the things we Horns do well is we take care of our own. Rest assured that Cole will never be forgotten, and his memorial will always be treated with the utmost and well deserved dignity.

God Bless.

m/

5. randotex

randotex < 25 Posts

Marc,

As a father of three, I can only barely fathom your pain. Your words are an inspiration to me to enjoy every moment of my childrens' lives, because you don't know how quickly you can lose them. Take heart that Cole is with his heavenly Father, but I know that can never fully ease your pain.

God bless.

-Randotex

6. hornFANtastic

hornFANtastic 100+ Posts

Marc,

Your family is in my prayers nightly, and I can assure you that Cole will never be forgotten. We are all proud to have the Pitttman's as part of the Longhorn family. Hook'em and God bless you and your family.

7. MATTerHORN69

MATTerHORN69 100+ Posts

Marc,
    God bless you and your beautiful family. One of my favorite Longhorn memories is the picture of you hugging my son at the 2001 Spring Game. You are so full of love and spirit and you serve as an inspiration to how I conduct myself as a man and a father. Thank you for all that you have given to us!

8. utstudboy

utstudboy 250+ Posts

An excellent first post. Cole will not be forgotten

9. KSHORN

KSHORN Guest

Marc,

Your son will ALWAYS be missed, not just as a great football player and Longhorn, but mostly as a wonderful young man and human being!

You never have to thank us for keeping his memory with us, his love and personality did that.

Thank you for being such a strong influence on your family as well as the Longhorn family. Cole will never be forgotten!

CLW

10. bazbo

bazbo 500+ Posts

Here is to no. 44's memory

Hook 'em

11. Treaty Oak

Treaty Oak < 25 Posts

Your son was a gift to us all in life and football. He will always be near our hearts as will your family. Take care.

12. TEXMAN

TEXMAN < 25 Posts

Mr. Pittman,

Thank you for allowing us to share in your grief and love for Cole. Many of us did not have the honor to meet Cole in person, but I can assure you we carry him in our hearts and prayers everyday.

You are a wonderful example of a father's love. My father was my best friend and I lost him 7 years ago. I remember him everyday and talk to him in my prayers. He taught me how to love my children.

I can't tell you what Cole sees and hears, but I can promise you that he knows that you love him and miss him dearly.

You and your family are in my prayers daily.

God Bless.

13. rkrLonghorns

rkrLonghorns < 25 Posts

14. thanner

thanner < 25 Posts

Marc,
    I want to thank you for teaching me about how to openly love and cherish my children. If my children can turn out to be near the person Cole was I will know that I was a successful parent.
    As a child I had the privilege of knowing and befriending Freddie Steinmark. I, as well as other orangebloods, still think about and miss Freddie, the player and the person. I know that Cole will be equally remembered and beloved.
    God bless you and your family. We are proud to have the Pittman family as members of the Longhorn family. Hook'em!

15. Bevoette

Bevoette 1,000+ Posts

I have not seen the memorial, I am not sure exactly where it is but I tell you this.. I will raise th "Hook'em" sign with pride and honor. He will forever be a longhorn and forever in our hearts.
    I call him our Brunt orange angel. God Bless all who know and love him.
    [​IMG]

16. SchertzHorn

SchertzHorn 100+ Posts

Mr. Pittman,
    Thank you for showing all football players and football fans what real courage is. God Bless you and thank you for all that you teach us on a daily basis.
    God Bless you and your family!
    Hook 'em!

17. MinnesotaHorn

MinnesotaHorn 25+ Posts

God Bless you and your family Mr. Pittman.

18. XOVER

XOVER 500+ Posts

We love you, man. Cole knows it too.

19. God bless you Mr. Pittman.
    Hook'em

20. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

I cannot think about your son without tears welling up, God Bless you and your family.

21. LonghornScott

LonghornScott 25+ Posts

Mr. Pittman,

I don't think anyone can express the graditude that so many of us feel to the Pittman family. Thank you for weaving your family into the UT spirit... I don't think there is any thread so bright.

22. big_longhorn

big_longhorn < 25 Posts

Mr. Pittman,

My family placed a memorial to Cole - at the "special flagpole" at DKR-TMS - before the Spring Game after our tragic loss.

I promise you that we never will forget him, or stop loving him.

At the Nike Camp held at Texas A&M a few weeks ago, Harold Nash (CFL DB and Nike trainer) told the recruits:

"It’s God, Family, School, and THEN football."

I'm proud and thankful that Cole had his priorities in the right order.

God Bless.

23. Texas Horn

Texas Horn 250+ Posts

God Bless Cole Pittman.

24. SouthernGent

SouthernGent 100+ Posts

I haven't made it to the memorial yet. that is something I would like to do. But I did make this as my own personal memorial to Cole and is now my wallpaper at work.

[​IMG]

25. Bevoette

Bevoette 1,000+ Posts

WOW Gent.. that is a cool image.. good work.

26. HOOKEM76834

HOOKEM76834 < 25 Posts

Your kids are always the most important thing in your life. I can't even imagine what you must be going through. We will all miss him dearly!! God bless you and your family. Rest in peace Cole, we miss ya!!!!!!!!!

Hookem Horns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

27. WTexasHorn

WTexasHorn < 25 Posts

God Bless you and your family Mr. Pittman. I don't travel down the actual road where the Lord called Cole home...but I plan on doing so one day to raise my horns and pay my respects to your son who was so dear to the Longhorn family. I mourn for your loss and my prayers go with you.

28. UTxOrange

UTxOrange 100+ Posts

Mr Pittman,
    I'm not really good at putting stuff like this into words, but thank you so much for sharing the story of your son with everyone. I know for one that it has made me appreciate my family and love for them and my friends much more.

29. shrevehorn

shrevehorn 25+ Posts

Mr. Pittman:

After attending the funeral and listening to your comments about having a relationship with your son, I met with my son in Austin about his plans after graduation. At that time, he was a Senior at UT and was really struggling with his post-college plans. I asked him to move to Shreveport, work for me and go to school part-time to get a license to qualify for my profession. He did it, it is now over 1 year later and we have never been closer. Believe me, the idea to even make the suggestion came to me driving away from the Church as I was thinking about your words.

We'll never know what you have been through but I wanted to let you know how your familys tragedy and getting to hear from you was the event that caused my life to improve (and hopefully, my sons also) Maybe this sounds weird, but I thank you for the courage to stand up and say what you did.

Hook em'

30. LonghornGirlie

LonghornGirlie 500+ Posts

Marc, there's nothing I can say that I haven't said already. Thank you for posting and letting the HornFans community hear from you directly about your relationship with Cole and the love you shared. It touched so many lives.

For those who may not know, Marc has generously made available Cole's memorial service here on HornFans. You can listen to it at:

Cole Pittman Memorial Service

You can also make a donation to the Cole Pittman Memorial Fund at the above link that will go to keeping Cole's memory alive for generations to come.

Cole, Marc, Judy, Chase, Karen, Peyton.... I love you.