Cole's Memorial

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests' started by VacantlyOccupied, May 22, 2002.

1. glenn

glenn 1,000+ Posts

my heart goes out to you in your pain. cole touched us all, and we share your loss more than you might think.

thank you so much for your post.

2. hookm

hookm < 25 Posts

Hook'em

3. hookem2003

hookem2003 500+ Posts

Having taken a few classes with Cole, all I can say is that he was a good, good man.

4. vegashorn

vegashorn < 25 Posts

Mr. Pittman,

It certainly seems that Cole was as lucky as I am, in that we both have had fathers that are truly an inspiration. It is obvious that Cole was loved by you and your family to the highest level ever imaginable. I too have been raised by a God loving and truly heroic man, that loves me and all my family more than anything else in this world. I feel, as I'm sure Cole did, truly fortunate to have been brought in to this world, by an individual like him (and of course Mother too).

I just hope that I can love my own son, and be an inspiration to him, that obviously you were to Cole, and that my Dad has been to me.

My heart is out to you, and each time I ever see the Memorial to Cole, I will salute him with the hands raised.

Hook'em and God Bless

5. bonedry

bonedry < 25 Posts

I cannot imagine the courage it must have taken for you and your wife to allow Chase to attend UT......it is evident where your boys got their backbone.

The Pittman family will forever be loved by Longhorns.

6. 002Longhorn

002Longhorn < 25 Posts

Sorry for not knowing, but where is his memorial?I would love to go.I never met the Cole, but I know that this Longhorn family is about love and friendship and family and I know the Pittmans know that.What a great place Cole came to and what a great family he came from.

7. west txn in va

west txn in va First Time Poster

My prayers are with you and your family Mr. Pittman. God Bless all of you. I cannot imagine the pain that you must feel.

8. MarcP

MarcP < 25 Posts

Ftor those who need directions to Cole's Memorial site.Approximately 5 miles east of Franklin on hwy 79. You will see a large concrete silo almost directly across the road, is the bridge where the accident occurred. At one time you could see the cross as you travel, but recently they have installed a new metal guardrail, so now it is not so obvious. For those of you who do not know, the cross turned burnt orange on its own and if you will look in the creek where the truck landed, the water now runs from south to north and has turned burnt orange too. Thank you for all the wonderful replies and thank you for remembering my son.

9. rowncroyal

rowncroyal < 25 Posts

Hook'em, Mr. Pittman, to you and yours.

rowncroyal
    football 1981-85

10. CMOCK5

CMOCK5 First Time Poster

I did have the privledge of knowing Cole very well, as he was and still is my best friend outside of my family. Let me assure everyone on this board that Cole was an even better person that people have expressed here. He was the perfect friend, son and brother. I thank God daily for giving me the opportunity to know him and for sending Chase to Texas. I am as much looking forward to watching Chase play as the rest of you. God bless Cole and THE University of Texas.
    Chance Mock

11. KSHORN

KSHORN Guest

Mark and Chance-

Thanks for your kind words! Men like you are the reason why UT is the best university in the World! You are a credit to THE Univeristy of Texas.

Chance, I wish I knew him like you. From all that I've heard, he was a fantastic individual, as are you. Again, thank both of you for the way you represent UT. And Chance, kick some behind this year. Looking forward to watching you and Chase. We are truly blessed!

12. jkhombre

jkhombre 25+ Posts

Hook'em Mr. Pittman. We miss you Cole.

13. chance johnson

chance johnson 100+ Posts

Hook em and God Bless to the Pittmans. Can't wait to see Chase get on the field.

14. SWTBrent

SWTBrent First Time Poster

Even the Bobcat fans at SWT give a hook'em to Cole. A good young man, gone too early. God bless!!

15. dnddavis

dnddavis < 25 Posts

"For those of you who do not know, the cross turned burnt orange on its own and if you will look in the creek where the truck landed, the water now runs from south to north and has turned burnt orange too."

Mr. Pittman, I did not know, and am daily in awe of the way God works to show us His love in the midst of the trials put before us--your family has been a testament to everyone that God is Love especially in the most difficult trial imaginable. Thank you for showing us how to endure. And thanks to Judy and Chase and Chance for doing the same.

Words cannot express my feelings at this moment. Truly beyond that, which I suppose is part of the why our Lord does speak to us in a burnt orange cross and a river which changes its course to flow now in the color of sunset.

16. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

Marc, I don't know that I will ever travel that road and see the cross. But I do know this: every time I raise my Horns, I'm raising them to Cole. I never met him, but I feel like I know him because of having met you and Judy.

You are in my prayers.

17. Capt Horn

Capt Horn < 25 Posts

I had the honor of meeting Marc Pittman and his family. He has simply been a inspiration for me as a role model of how to conduct myself and my relationship with my son (and daughter). Honor, courage, love and Faith in the Lord describe the Pittman family.

God Bless you always.

18. texexguy

texexguy < 25 Posts

Mr. Pittman,
    I will be driving by Cole's Memorial this sat. I promise you, I will stop and make sure everything is OK.
    The Longhorn Family will never forget Cole Pittman.

19. Ted

Ted < 25 Posts

Mr. Pittman, I thank God for the wonderful testimony He's given your entire family. I know He will continue to comfort and bless your family as you keep turning to Him. Thank you for sharing some of your personal thoughts with your friends here at HornFans. It's just another reason I thank God I was born a Longhorn!

20. shrevehorn

shrevehorn 25+ Posts

I too will try stop from time to time and clean it up a little when I do. The other times I go by, there will a hookem' out the window.

21. Pimp Ag

Pimp Ag First Time Poster

From an Ag, even though our rivalry does get heated at times, ever since '99 bonfire, I realized more than ever what it meant to be an aggie --and a longhorn. It's the spirit we grow up in and are bonded by. I think it gets even clearer for most of us after we graduate.

I am not unaffected by tragedy either, so I know a little about the pain. However, the pain of losing a child is incomprehensible to me. I won't presume to speak for other Ags, but I wish you and your family all the best... and i won't be terribly upset if Chase gets a sack or two on T+1. I know you and Cole will be watching.

22. Kosciousko

Kosciousko < 25 Posts

Marc

Thanks for your post. Cole will always be special to Longhorn fans. God bless you, Judy and Chase.

23. SAChick

SAChick 500+ Posts

Mr. Pittman,
    Thank you for your words. I was not born into a Longhorn family but I can now say that I am a die hard horns fan. It's people like yourself, Cole, and the posters on this site offering support that remind me how proud I am to be a Longhorn fan!! My prayers are with you and your family.

[​IMG]

24. valleyhorn

valleyhorn < 25 Posts

Mr. Pittman,
    It was nice to hear from you. Don't be a stranger here. Cole will not be forgotten and I hope we have 4 or 5 games next year that end with the Horn's finals score being 44. You can bet 85,000 fans will will let the coaching staff know about it.
    God bless you and your family.

25. Dex

Dex 25+ Posts

I can't imagine the pain that the Pittmann family has endured. And, I pray that you all will be given the strength to overcome this loss.

Cole was a gift to all of us.

26. Navin R. Johnson

Navin R. Johnson < 25 Posts

Tomorrow, my family and I will be staying with my Aggie inlaws in Easterly within miles of the "place". I will once again raise my horns and remember Cole. I was lucky enough to meet him during the spring game of his high school year. Hook em. ^m^

27. SATHORN

SATHORN < 25 Posts

I can't even begin to express my gratitude for allowing the rest of us Longhorns the opportunity to experience Cole's memorial service. I was at the game where you and your family were honored before the game. That game was a very emotional moment, but after listening to the service, I have a better understanding of your family sir. Thank you for sharing a part of your family with me and my family.

Tony Davila

28. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Mr. Pittman,

God bless you & your family. II have children and cannot begin to imagine the pain and loss you & your family are experiencing. I hope my two sons grow up and people say the same things about them that people on this thread say about Cole. I will pray for you and your family.

We all miss Cole with you and like many others, I am truly looking forward to seeing Chase play for the 'Horns in years to come.

29. CarKev14

CarKev14 25+ Posts

God Bless you and your family, Mr. Pittman. Thank you once again for offering your words to us all. You made me a better father as I try to follow the example you set.

And thank you, Chance, for taking the time to share your feelings about Cole with us all.

Hook'em.

30. Texoz

Texoz 1,000+ Posts