College Football Playoffs

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Chop, Dec 4, 2022.

1. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

The teams are set.

:uga::um::tcu::tosu:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

None of this…

:bama:

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

And definitely none of this…

:usc: :utah:

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

Unfortunately for me, I’m not the kind of person who can watch a game for the sheer enjoyment of it. I have to be “for” someone. And I can’t make up my mind who to be for.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Become a bettor. Your money will guide your allegiance. Really hard to put your heart on one side and your money on the other

FWIW, the Aggies have screwed up more ten game parlays than all the rest of D-1 combined.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Im really surprised they let TCU in.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

8. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I say that TCU beats Michigan, and Ohio State shocks GA. Why? Because no one thinks that either TCU or OSU can win, and both are good teams that will be highly motivated to prove something.

Advantage underdogs.

• Hot Hot x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. LonghornCatholic

I guess I’ll pull for Michigan, but heck I don’t know. Can’t pull for TCU and not sure why.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I can pull for TCU because of Sonny & Spike. When Spike was able, he would come in from Horseshoe Bay with T & Phillis Jones to watch the Horns. Always enjoyed our visits.

Also be glad that your son is a gifted enough athlete that you won't be faced with their $40,000/year tuition. :beertoast:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Well, there is a certain team from Texas in there. One that is more likable than a lot of the other teams from this State.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. BornOrange0855

BornOrange0855 250+ Posts

I'll have zero problem rooting for TCU even though I grew up in Ft Worth and was taught early on that they were nothing but a bunch of cockroaches. I can't put my finger on it but I just don't like Harbaugh.
    I can easily root for Georgia also. No reason in the world to dislike the OSU coach, but I despise him. I have no idea why. It makes my skin crawl every time I see him. I readily admit it's irrational but I don't care.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. longhornlegend

longhornlegend 1,000+ Posts

I think bama will cornhole kstate.
    I think michigan will take tcu to the woodshed as well.
    I think usc will destroy tulane.
    psu and utah should be a good game.
    Saw a funny quote on another board about the Texas game. They said the washington qb would throw for 400 over the middle of our defense where no Texas defender has ever gone. Guess we will see in a few weeks. Curious who skips the bowl as well.

14. 22Horn

22Horn 500+ Posts

I'll have zero problem rooting for TCU even though I grew up in Ft Worth and was taught early on that they were nothing but a bunch of cockroaches. I can't put my finger on it but I just don't like Harbaugh.
    I can easily root for Georgia also. No reason in the world to dislike the OSU coach, but I despise him. I have no idea why. It makes my skin crawl every time I see him. I readily admit it's irrational but I don't care.

'
    agree'!!

15. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Right there with you regarding Harbaugh. Classless. The word punk comes to mind.

16. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

I have always liked TCU as my second favorite team.
    Reasons to like TCU:
    -A Texas Team
    -Don’t have the better than thou attitude of Baylor or SMU
    -Are not Aggie
    -More class than Sand Aggies
    -Fans don’t eat at or rob the 7-11
    -Cowtown is great, especially the Stockyards
    -Horny Toads are neat little Texas critters
    -Long history of honorable coaches back from Dutch Meyer and Abe Martin to Patterson and Dykes
    -Pretty campus
    -And most of all, the prettiest, rich coeds in the land
    Hook'em Frogs

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
  17. LonghornCatholic

TCU co-eds are second to none but I guess I just don’t want another Texas team to have better success. Rooted against Tech in their final four, too. Am I wrong?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

A little bit. But against Aggies is always good.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  19. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

FYI,
    Tulane is a 1.5 favorite over USC (very surprised)
    TX is a 3.5 favorite over Wash

20. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

We can beat this higher ranked Washington team.

Our zone D has to be smart and not blow coverages. This QB is really really good at shredding zone defenses. Also, our pass rush had better be good. I bet it will.

• Like Like x 1
  21. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

It will all come down to the pass rush. Well of course it will help if we score often.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Horns #1 always with me! :hookem:

TCU distant #2. Grew up in FW, went to many frog games as a kid, many friends & HSS went there.

Hope Frogs & Dykes somehow win it all for Big XII.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

More importantly, Horns need to focus on the Huskies! I know zero about them but Chop, Godz40Acres, and Bill in Sinton will educate and get me fully focused!!

24. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

They were the only school to offer me a scholy (not football) out of h.s. Turned it down but always appreciated the offer.

• Like Like x 2
  25. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

Chinstrap,
    My granddaughter is a freshman there. She received a full ride academic scholarship. She will be at our house with all of her TCU glory at Christmas.:smh:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  26. havoc7701

havoc7701 Sponsor and Aggy Ridiculer

It is 100% rational to root against TCU - their success this year means they will compete with us for recruits. I’ve never had any issues with Meatchicken and loved seeing them demolish the tOSU Couch Burners.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  27. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

Congrats to your Granddaughter. Grandkids are great.

28. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

The FW in my screen name is for Fort Worth so I interact with Horned Frogs every day and as long as they arent playing Texas always have a soft spot in my heart for them. I think the Georgia tOSU game will be a fun one to watch and I still think Georgia is vulnerable to a good offense though they have to be the favorites.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Giovanni Jones

Giovanni Jones 2,500+ Posts

Props to the Frogs for getting into the Playoffs. Although it kind of makes me wonder (again) as to whether the Big 12 should have a CCG. Oh well, soon it won't be our problem.

30. LonghornCatholic

Would you do this?

• poop poop x 1