College football's top 10 fan hotbeds

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by texascoder, Nov 29, 2009.

1. texascoder

texascoder 1,000+ Posts

2. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Interesting - Horns have a minus for TV ratings???

Sorry, ND should not be on that list - they may be in the top 20 but not in the top 10.

3. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

What time do you think Aggy boycot begins?

4. NickDanger

NickDanger 2,500+ Posts

We are "dinged" because we don't love the Horns enough to watch OTHER games not involving UT?

5. TexasTower

TexasTower 500+ Posts

I think we were dinged because a fan base can't be considered one of the top 10 if it isn't supporting the team during losing times. Hell.. there were a few games this season where there were sections of empty seats... but like the article said, in the 80-90's the stadium was half empty a lot of the times.

6. NickDanger

NickDanger 2,500+ Posts

"The one minus is TV ratings that show fans love their Longhorns, but aren't consumed enough by the sport of college football to watch other teams.

Nothing to do with watching the horns on TV and nothing to do with filling the stadium when we play.

7. TexasRx

TexasRx 500+ Posts

8. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

In a lot of those towns/schools there is nothing to do but cheer for the football team. They don't have nationally ranked BB teams or any interest in woman's sports. We have that interest so we may not watch many other college football games because we have things to do.

I think the article was fair, I am surprised that Tennessee did not make the cut.

ND deserves to be in the top 10.

9. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

Some Honorable Mentions to the list might have been in order. What about USC?

10. Ignatius

Ignatius 1,000+ Posts

Our tailgate scene gets all of this love recently, but half the people at the tailgates don't even go to the games...and judging from post-game comments, 90% of the people who stay at the tailgates and 'watch' the game on TV don't have a ******* clue what's going on...

The growth in our 'tailgate scene' is just an excuse for a bunch of yahoos with no connection to the Horns to get ****** up at 7AM with no questions asked. You don't need to look any further than the change in the pink pass lots to see evidence of this...

11. Goothrey

Goothrey 100+ Posts

"Thousands of empty seats, $5 end zone tickets and a national championship drought. Not all that long ago, those were just some of the elements that would have kept Texas off any top 10 list."

lol That's when I attended games.

12. Valmy77

Valmy77 1,000+ Posts

Yeah those were the days. I loved being able to attend a whole season of games for $25.00.

Then Mack Brown came and literally the next year I couldn't get cheap tickets anymore.