COLORADO GAME LIVE ON VIDEOSTREAM

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Hornsaway, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Hornsaway

Hornsaway 25+ Posts

You can pay $9.95 an watch the game on Colorado's website via videostream.

2. mamaxaos

mamaxaos 25+ Posts

I was told the Statesman said it would be broadcast on espnu. I'm not finding it there but maybe it won't be "live"??? Anyone know of anything coming through on Time-Warner?

3. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

Nope, no espnu for me either.

4. 2duckfans

2duckfans 25+ Posts

I have gone three (or four) rounds with Yahoo . . . basically, they said if I couldn't get the broadcast in real time, cancel. It's too bad it is so difficult to follow the team out of the Austin area . . . wish KVET would provide the games on a fee basis with going through Yahoo. Updates on the scores are appreciated! Thanks . . .

5. Texex81

Texex81 500+ Posts

cu 14, UT 8

6. Texex81

Texex81 500+ Posts

oops, CU 15, UT 12

7. Texex81

Texex81 500+ Posts

Tied up at 16

8. Texex81

Texex81 500+ Posts

FYi, go to Texassports there is a link to stats from cu

9. clearbrookhorn

clearbrookhorn 25+ Posts

Buffs up by six, they've bit several wide open 3's. Our D is looking terrible at this point.

10. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Colorado up 24-21 right now, mainly b/c they have more offensive rebounds than we have defensive rebounds.

11. Texex81

Texex81 500+ Posts

Half: CU 34, UT 29

Cu is 7 of 13 3pt
    UT is 1 of 4 3pt

12. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

CU up 34-29 at halftime. We'd be ahead if we were playing in the pre-3-point-line era.

13. clearbrookhorn

clearbrookhorn 25+ Posts

Carla commits a silly foul on a desperation 3 point shot to send the Buffs to the line to end the half. They're up by three at the half.

14. 2duckfans

2duckfans 25+ Posts

Thanks, 81 ! Good info . . . hopefully Yahoo/ESPNU/ etc will get this media stuff straightened out next year.

15. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

We're making CU look like they're on par with BU.

16. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I love how good Ashley Lindsay is at running the fast break! Not many teams can run a PG-C combo on a 2v1 fast break.

Carla is also playing better than she has in quite awhile, and our defense is starting to swat shots and passes like it did against Baylor. Unfortunately we're still turning it over too much as well. Kat missed 2 open threes and Boyd missed one also - argh.

We took a lead but they're up 40-39 now.

17. Texex81

Texex81 500+ Posts

CU 48, UT 41

8:05

18. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

We keep forcing Colorado to shoot with under 5 on the shot clock and then they hit something. Bianca Smith is just standing around paying rent for a lot outside the 3 point line and we haven't figure out to guard it yet.

19. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

We are a totally different different at home versus on the road. And the odd thing about that was our best road game was against Baylor, a very good team.

20. clearbrookhorn

clearbrookhorn 25+ Posts

I sure hope Gayle is a rebounder.

21. Texex81

Texex81 500+ Posts

Final CU 67 UT 52

22. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

What happened?

23. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

cynt - We, as usual, couldn't buy an open outside jumpshot while our opponents nailed many of theirs. What really killed us was the rebounding though, CU's posts just demolished us inside and Ashley was our only interior presence. Then she fouled out from having to go over and try and stop someone from getting a 2nd chance bucket one too many times and we were really in trouble.

24. clearbrookhorn

clearbrookhorn 25+ Posts

25. jerwilliamz

jerwilliamz 25+ Posts

Actually, the WNIT might even be a stretch. There are only two more home games, and if they win both of them that will only give us 17 wins. Add in one win in the Big 12 tournament and that is 18. 18 did not get us into the WNIT last year. And I am assuming they won't win any of the remaining games on the road because this team can't win a conference road game to save their lives!

26. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

As much as I hate to say this but I don't think Texas should get a tourney invite. Too inconsistent, can't win on the road. Disappointing. Time to just let this season go and hope for a better year next year.

No passion... yes, the truth hurts! :-(

Hook 'Em
    Seattle

27. jerwilliamz

jerwilliamz 25+ Posts

There's passion when they play at home

28. VinceYoungScores

VinceYoungScores 100+ Posts

29. Glad2BeBack

Glad2BeBack 100+ Posts

Out rebounded. No need to say anything else! [​IMG]

30. TXtoCO

TXtoCO 1,000+ Posts

Went to the game and I knew that rebounding was an issue, but I just looked at the box score...CU out rebounded us 50-29 (gave up 20 offensive rebounds!). OUCH!!! We are also simply not a very good shooting team (1-15 three pointers). If you are going to get beat that bad on the boards you better be able to knock down some shots.

CU had more turnovers but we forced a lot of those where as our turnovers were more the result of bad decision making and attempting to force passes where there simply was no open passing lane.

This group has now been coached by two hall of fame caliber coaches and failed to play well enough to get into the NCAAs. Not sure what else to say. I'm hoping that the new crop that comes in next year can shoot, pass and hit the boards.