Colorado must die

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by El Sapo, Dec 28, 2020.

1. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

Colorado must die.
    Tomorrow.
    For a lot of reasons.

When I was humping a backpack across the 40 acres, studying in the dark depths of the PCL, and dodging the cause-heads in the West Mall, Colorado was a big game on our schedule. I was there when Rashaan Salaam ran for 362 on Gary _arnell's 'read and react' defense in Austin. We still only lost that game by 3. There were close games but the Buffs always had just a little bit more back in those days and we could never get past them. We went winless against CU during my years at Texas.

I'd go skiing at Keystone or Telluride or Arapho during those years with something Longhorn on my person and get smack from locals with their CU beanie hats. I hated CU and their Johnny-come-lately fans the entire time I was at Texas.

We have won 7 of the last 8 against them and between that and the 70-3 annihilation with Vince you'd think that'd be enough to atone for the misery of my undergrad years. It probably would be except for the 2001 Big 12 CCG. We should have won that game. We were the better team. It lit a log on the CU hate fire that is still smoldering 5 straight wins against them and almost two decades later.

For me, we can't ever beat Colorado enough.
    I mean we probably can and I'll tell you when but so far it's not enough.
    Colorado must die.
    Tomorrow.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
  2. George Bailey

George Bailey No beans in my chili, thank you

Up until this year I'd been to Boulder three straight summers for Dead & Company shows. Deadheads usually don't give a flip about football, except there. Walking in Folsum Field with a Longhorn cap will get a lot of crap thrown your way. Most of them won't even acknowledge that 70-3 ever happened.

Let the beatdowns continue...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

I agree. For only the second time this year (OU was the first), I really want Texas to win. I watched the 96 game against them in person, seeing Texas play a good game, only to flush the game away via a dropped (Mike Adams?) would have been TD pass. Had a good time in Boulder (no batteries thrown at me), but still always disliked Colorado.

Was made up by the 2005 B12 title game which I attended - as much of a man (Vince) vs. boys contest as I've seen in college ball.

The fact now that they are a Pac team only adds to my dislike.

Destroy them.

• Like Like x 1
  4. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

50B1E200-04E0-4503-B744-D6EDAE511F59.gif

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  5. MajorRules00

MajorRules00 500+ Posts

Full moon at its peak Tuesday night at 9:30pm cst. Expect the unexpected; injuries, trick plays, new Herman dance moves, etc.

6. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

I expect slaughter and desolation.
    No prisoners.

• Like Like x 3
    • Hot Hot x 1
  7. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

We should win in a cakewalk, which is exactly why we might not.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

Colorado is good enough. Their New QB is very good. I look at them as good as West Virginia. We'll probably win because the team is relaxed, rested, and not have any pressure.
    Hard to bet against Herman in a bowl, but this one could bite him as we are favored---we do better as hungry underdogs, than fat favorites.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Who will be our Drew Kelson to their Joel Klatt?

10. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Mongol General: What is best in life?

Conan: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

Mission accomplished.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  12. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Colorado died.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. majorfan2005

majorfan2005 100+ Posts

A horrible death :bevo:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

And not a quick one, either. We let them linger into the 2nd half before putting them away.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

And the second string QB put the dagger in their throat. That had to sting, pun intended.

16. majorfan2005

majorfan2005 100+ Posts

To be fair, the backup QB didn’t get that many plays in since he scored so damn quickly every time he hit the field.

• Like Like x 2
  17. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

We now hold the longest win streak in the series at six and Colorado and their fans expect to lose to us. I am reasonably satisfied.

• Like Like x 1
  18. rick mueller

Kinda reminds one of a bull fight. Tease and torture the animal for an extended period and then BAM! Sword to the neck.

• Like Like x 1
  19. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

Wait, you’ve tried dating in your 40’s too?

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

We might have won the PAC 12 this year, had we been out there.

Then again, we'd probably drop easy games against WSU and U. of Ariz, but otherwise run the table.

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  21. rick mueller

LMAO! No, married right out of UT and celebrated our 46th anniversary a few days ago.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Stay warm coach

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  23. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Their fans expect to lose to everybody, but they are also so clueless that they are trying to figure out how many points a touchdown is worth.

24. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Yeah, well he could also outcoach every current coach in this conference. But I said I'd stop talking about that...

• Agree Agree x 1