Colt Back to Third String Under New Coach

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by stanhin, Oct 11, 2019.

1. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

2. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I don't know that Colt is better than either of them, but that team is going to have a hard time judging any QBs because it's so poor everywhere. Granted maybe the new guy won't coach scared and say "hey i'm only down 6, I'm going to call only short passes and basic runs and hope we at least keep the loss looking close".

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Probably better for Colt. Less wear and tear. Washington is a terrible franchise at the moment, and obviously going nowhere .

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Colt never had an NFL body. Couldn't stay healthy and last few years been on a terrible team. Nice thing is he's probably made enough money to last a lifetime. If I was him I'd just guide hunting and fishing and call it a nice life. Who wouldn't want to spend a day on the lake with Colt?

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

It's better for Colt's health, as well as his career to not play behind that OL.

6. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

Does it really matter which nfl online he’s playing behind?

7. Galvestonhorn

Galvestonhorn 250+ Posts

I agree with that. And I’d imagine Case will tough it out behind that sorry —- OL also to make 18mm this year to go along with the 20mm he made last year in Denver.

8. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Could have had a very serviceable career as a starter behind a decent line...instead he got stuck in Cleveland then Washington. He was NEVER going to have the flashy game and gaudy stats but the dude can MANAGE a game when given a chance.

I expect he will get a coaching gig somewhere when the time comes to hang up the clipboard...

9. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Agree. I always thought that someday Colt would coach - his knowledge of the game is superb, and he seems to be a very good communicator.

10. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

They have 7 points and 5 completed passes at halftime against one of the worst defenses in the league. Great move. Really though with poor coaching, poor blocking, and demoralizing ownership, it probably doesn't matter who plays quarterback.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Keenum is now 6 for 12 and his in-game QBR is showing to be almost 40 points better than Rosen at the moment...how sad is THAT (especially for Miami).

To Keenum's credit, he at least seems to know how to hand off to Adrian Peterson who is close to 100 yards early in the second half. Has to make AP happy...for once. HOWEVER...NEITHER QB has as many yards passing as AP has run for...

Yeah, I am streaming this trainwreck...

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1