Comey and Mueller

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Musburger1, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

There is a certain craziness to it. It's not rational. It is all emotion-driven.

• Like Like x 1
  2. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

So, once you defend anyone from the other side you're tainted? i thought a skilled attorney could willfully defend anyone, even a pedophilic senator elect, because everyone deserves a vigorous defense. Mueller gets little credit for those of you scared of what he'll find.

3. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I wish you'd be more honest and just tell us that you'd like to see Trump hauled away in chains and you don't give a damn what it takes to do it.

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

DOJ attys are held to a higher standard

5. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

I haven't read the dossier and neither have you. But, it was obviously a hack job financed by HRC and the DNC. It sited "unnamed sources" as claiming Trump colluded with Russian operatives to steal the election. It purpose was to slander Trump and put HRC in the White House. It didn't do that but it planted the seeds which grew into the Mueller witch hunt. Those claims have now been investigated for 8 months and 8 million dollars and not a shred of evidence has been found. That's what's wrong with it.

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Dilly dilly

7. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I’ve read parts of it. I downloaded it. It was paid for, presumably, by the Bush campaign and the. They transferred the costs to the DNC. They also turned it over to “the authorities”.

8. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I recall hearing the Jeb! campaign started it as oppo research too, prior to handing it off to Clinton.

Does that make a difference to the idea of it being a grossly false political hit job?

9. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I'll ask for about the 18th time, what about it has been disproven? I've read analysts from both angles about its validity.

10. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I always thought burden of proof was on the accuser, not the accused.

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Good Andrew McCarthy clip

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Some followup thought on the McCarthy quote. His closing line makes sense with regard to what happened with Flynn and Papadopoulos

The Manafort plea was a bit of a PR disaster for Mueller and team since it had nothing to do the 'Russia-collusion' narrative. While it seems like they had Flynn on a FARA charge they did not go that route since it was regarding Turkey and, like Manafort, had nothing to do with the 'Russia-collusion' narrative. So they accepted a plea from Flynn on a lesser charge just so they could at least say it was somewhat related to what they are supposed to be investigating - Russian involvement in the 2016 election. Papadopoulos was, just like Flynn, a process crime having nothing to do with the underlying merits.

Right now, it looks like all the Obama people on Team Mueller are desperately trying to find anything Russia-related. Even to the point of overlooking more juicy charges (like FARA).

Why are they doing this?

Because the Obama people never expected Trump to win. And now they are scrambling to find something to legitimize their political abuse of power of 2016. Russia-related charges/pleas even on process (Papado, Flynn) help the narrative that something was up with Russia, thus, from their perspective at least, the politicization of DOJ/FBI is “legitimized.” Charging Flynn on Turkey would not have helped this narrative at all. It would have just been Manafort II.

13. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

I always said the Mueller investigation is more about covering for Obama and Clinton than getting anything on Trump.

14. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I believe that you're more experienced in the areas of the law than I am. Would a plea deal on a relatively minor charge like this (while there's theoretically much bigger stuff out there) be utilized by a prosecutor working a RICO or similar case to apply leverage on both the initial perp/witness and as an example to the rest of the crew for when they come sniffing around?

I'm listening to a weekly podcast about the Watergate story. It's interesting since I was only 5 when it actually happened.

I don't think there was some grand collusive conspiracy. I think that it was a perfect storm of a desperate candidate with ZERO scruples combined with a pissed off Russia willing to do about anything just to destabilize a country that they thought was going to be under HRC for the next 4 years. Also, they were facing one of the most unpopular candidates in modern history. Like, almost as unfavorable as Roy Moore. :)

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Yes, but we discussed this above already. The manner and order for Mueller here is a horrible tactical trial position to put yourself in. If you plan on making Flynn your star witness in a jury trial to get a bigger fish, why would you go into that by accepting a plea deal where he admitted he just lied under oath? It is a gift to the defense and submarines your own key witness. Makes no sense.

17. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

There's speculation that the Dirty Dossier and its' claims that Trump was colluding with the Russians to steal the election was the basis for getting the warrants to spy on Trump's election team, which goes along with McCarthy's statement that the Obama administration put the law enforcement and intelligence arms of the administration in the service of the Clinton campaign.

Obama really, really, really didn't want Trump in the WH. I had to laugh when Trump announced we're going back to the moon and on to Mars yesterday, thus undoing Obama's 2009 moratorium on space exploration. He's undoing Obama's "legacy" as fast as he can. Now, if we can just keep Michelle O and Michelle O clones, like Kamala Harris out of the WH.

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Nunes seems focused on this, like a laser beam
    Which is why they were so desperate to get him off the committee

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

It looks like DOJ lied about why they 're-assigned' Bruce Ohr and took away his 4th floor office

Originally they said two jobs were too much

Now it has come out that his wife, a purported Russia expert, was employed by GPS Fusion during the period at issue. DOJ is now refusing to comment on the record about this. It seems unlikely that Ohr's immediate superiors at DOJ (Sally Yates/Loretta Lynch) were unaware the Ohr's wife connection to GPSF. But we will see what they say.

This breaking news came just as Andrew McCabe (former acting director of the FBI, now Deputy Director) was about to testify to Congress. McCabe suddenly refused to appear. Sounds like this news may have saved McCabe from perjuring himself about Ohr.

But now the House is going to use subpoenas, force him to appear and seize all his communications.

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

But wait, there is more

Nellie Ohr, wife of DOJ Deputy Bruce Ohr (see post above) and employee of Fusion GPS, took out at Ham Radio License a month after Fusion GPS contracted with MI6 agent Christopher Steele.

A 60+ year old woman wants to suddenly become a ham operator? LOL
    More like, "How do we avoid NSA surveillance?"

Sometimes Conspiracy Theories are not theory.

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/LicArchive/license.jsp?archive=Y&licKey=12382876

[​IMG]

21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This stuff is going to break wide open one of these days soon -- if they dont kill Nunes first

This Ohr woman, supposed academic Russian 'expert' and employee of GPS Fusion, is also a CIA asset. She is part of the Deep State

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

CNN is not covering any of this

Instead it's ........lol
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Among its many activities, GPS Fusion paid reporters to plant stories
    Here is one of them -- GPSF planted the now discredited story about a “special email server existing between Trump Tower and Moscow’s Alfa bank” with Slate.
    Then candidate Hillary Clinton tweeted out the story about as soon as it appeared. The whole thing was coordinated.

I feel pretty certain that this is how CNN gets caught so often making fake news
    They are not a news organization any more but have evolved into a propaganda apparatus that publishes whatever they are told to publish. Facts and truth do not matter to them

24. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Which site did you get this information from? It wouldn't be a right-wing propaganda site, would it?

[Edit: Nevermind...found it on 4Chan, as usual, without any attribution.]

• Like Like x 1
  25. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

non sequitur-ish question. WTH is 4chan?

26. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Why are there so many fugly women in the dem party?

Why does it matter where it came from if the facts they are giving are true? Tell me what part isn't true?

27. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I ask that about a certain dossier and get criticized... :)

28. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

One is backed with facts the other is still grasping. I'll let you guess which.

29. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Because a heaping portion of what JoeFan posts isn't true but rather conjecture on half true information relayed as facts. This is how you get to Pizzagate which was one of the stories JoeFan advanced previously.

JoeFan wants it to be true because it fits his worldview. You may fall into that camp too but just because you want it to be true doesn't make it so.

30. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

They did shut down that child sex ring.... Jade HELMMMM!!!!!!