Comey and Mueller

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Musburger1, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Supposedly he's going to make his own memo.

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Word is more "resignations" at the FBI will follow.

3. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

If this is true then you can be assured that memo is dead on.

4. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

Resignation is not good enough. I want prosecutions and convictions. False prosecution and lying on a warrant should be crimes. Collusion with Hitlery should carry the death penalty, but I'll settle for a few years in Leavenworth.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  7. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

This is all built upon some false narrative that the FBI fought Trump being elected. In fact, one could reasonably state that Comey's action related to Hillary cost her the election. Does no one see this irony? I mean, the FBI typically leans right in about the same manner as a group of social workers lean left.

8. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

A few things on this. First, no civilian federal agency leans Right anymore and hasn't for 20 years. That includes DoD civilian agencies.

Second, we don't know that the FBI (or at least high profile officials in the FBI) didn't fight Trump's election. You sound no better than the Trump supporters (some on this forum) who say Mueller should be shut down because there's nothing there. This matter should be investigated, just as the Russia probe should continue.

Third, you can support Mueller's investigation and still subject it to oversight and be critical of specific things that he's doing. Let's keep in mind that the last high profile independent counsel (Kenneth Starr) was absolutely demonized usually for nothing specific by the Democrats and the Washington press like no other political figure since (except perhaps Trump). People shouldn't do that to Mueller, but good faith criticism of specific decisions and actions he's taking isn't unfair and isn't an attack on an entire institution.

9. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

That.

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Speaking of oversight, Obama was quite aware that much of his behavior was going to run into problems from IGs, the primary tool for Congress in their oversight role. And so Obama set out to curtail their power. Grassely took to the floor back in 2015 and hammered Obama about it

11. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I have no problem with investigating the FBI. Mueller should do it. I just think it's spurious thinking to infer that the FBI writ large is some leftist haven.

Note: I used two words/phrases that I've not used before and they may be done wrong. You've been warned.

12. ProdigalHorn

I haven't heard anyone argue that, in fact quite the opposite, nothing but compliments for the rank and file. The issue has been targeted toward what would be considered career bureaucrats, from what I can tell.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Really? The investigation involves people who were on Mueller's team. At a minimum, he's a likely fact witness to any investigation, and he very arguably has a conflict of interest. Other than perhaps Loretta Lynch and Barack Obama, I can't think of anyone less appropriate to conduct the investigation.

Nobody is doing that. The group of people who are potential bad apples is a small handful of political appointees and hack wannabe political appointees. It's not rank-and-file people doing the real work of the FBI. Those people don't have time to exchange 50,000 text messages. Only the political hacks who don't do real work have time to do that.

• Like Like x 3
  14. ProdigalHorn

I feel pretty confident that anyone who's an actual agent wouldn't be on their phone texting friends, buddies, and etc... talking about their thoughts on a case they're working on. The texts that we've seen from those two were pretty revealing in terms of their complete unfitness to serve the American people in any meaningful way other than to go work in the private sector or a political action group.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Yep, except the private sector wouldn't have much use for them. Not too many businesses pay people to text each other.

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Good point

• Like Like x 1
  17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Mueller requested a delay with regard to Flynn

[​IMG]

18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Looks like a joint motion.

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

There has been some suggestion that the FBI's rank and file have expressed concern that Strzok/Page, though in error, were fall guys for bigger problems above them.

Along that line, Senate Homeland Security Chairman Ron Johnson is requesting text/email/communication records from 16 new FBI and DOJ employees including Comey and McCabe

Here is the list, which includes Priestap who I mentioned on another thread
    Also included is David Bowdich who replaced McCabe, which is not a good look either
    I think these were the participants in the so-called skinny group

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Dont know if you saw this part too, but there was also a related Order that read:

"The parties shall file a joint status report by no later than May 1, 2018, stating whether the matter should be scheduled for sentencing or whether a deadline should be set for filing another joint status report.”

This could mean different things. The most common explanation is that they want to keep him motivated in case he is needed to testify later.

However, there is at least a possibility that there is more here than the usual. The judge who took his plea recused himself a few days later. The speculation is that he was the same judge who signed off on the FISA warrant(s) that are the subject of the memos, which would raise some issues. Such as, was he the FISA judge who approved the warrant used to spy on Flynn? If so, was this disclosed to Flynn and counsel? Was the approval of that warrant based, at all or in part, on the discredited Steele/GPS Fusion Dossier?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  21. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Okay, I have to know, are the two phrases you’ve never used:

“I have no problem “

and

“I just think”

If so, you probably “done wrong”.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

These McCabe quotes make sense now
    How could someone so biased reach such a key post?

BAD WORDS WARNING

[​IMG]

23. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Leavenworth is too soft for them...let them serve their term at Florence ADX. Actually they would likely have to go their for their own protection anyhow...

• Like Like x 2
  24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Well done gentlemen

[​IMG]

26. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

They're toasting with Vodka in the troll farms now. Good work! You've allowed them to convince the public that those two entities lean left. Classic.

27. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Dude, there is corruption in the DOJ and the FBI just as there was in the IRS. Trying to get to the bottom of this isn't helping the Russians.

28. ProdigalHorn

Weird that no one cared to check whether those bots were helping to foment rage in the progressive ranks during the whole Black Lives Matter explosion. Do you think we should have criticized people back then for falling into the Kremlin's trap of branding law enforcement as racist, violent, and dangerous? Or is it only local law enforcement that is open to criticism? Should we also be weighing any protests or public displays of outrage because "Russia is excited that we're at each other's throats?"

29. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Just sip your vodka and enjoy your $1.50 per week.

30. ProdigalHorn

Literally every word in that sentence was wrong.