Comey and Mueller

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Musburger1, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Nunes is still fighting the good fight to get the documents underlying the original 2016 FBI memo that kick-started the entire Russian-collusion investigation
    The FBI does not want him or anyone else to see this information
    So Nunes is now preparing to sue them to force production, noting if they are willing to leak the information to the media, then maybe they should be willing to let the Congress see it as well
    I would add that the American people, too, should be able to review this information for themselves

“On March 14th, 2018, Committee investigators were given access to a still heavily redacted version of the EC (FBI memo known as an electronic communication), which — as I informed Director Wray the next day via phone — was unsatisfactory.

“On March 23, 2018, FBI’s Assistant Director for Legislative Affairs informed the Committee that FBI would refuse to further unredact the EC (FBI memo) based on its sensitivity. The document in question is not highly classified, and law enforcement sources have apparently not been shy about leaking to the press information that the Department and Bureau refuse to share with Congress.”

https://html1-f.scribdassets.com/3gvj302ow06c8gx7/images/1-d37dd28500.jpg

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  2. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

You act as if Nunes has wholesome intentions to simply "get to the bottom" of the matter when in fact everything he's done to date has been for 100% political reasons starting with the initial incident that led to his recusal. He's lost any credibility in the matter and if Ryan actually cared about the integrity of the committee Nunes would have been fully removed from it months ago.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

You need to concern yourself with the FBI's reluctance to turn over documents than silly MSM talking points. Of course I have no idea why I'm explaining this to you since you probably still believe the FBI's corruption is nothing more than a right-wing conspiracy.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Seattle Husker

Do you like building strawmen? I've said before that elements of the FBI that deserve investigation. Nunes is not qualified nor unbiased enough to conduct that investigation given his history.

5. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

You did say it was a right wing conspiracy at one time. It's good to see that you've opened your eyes a bit. Husker, you can't talk about Nunes' bias and be fine with the team Mueller assembled.

6. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

The FBI is behaving like they have something to hide. If someone can't see this they need their eyes examined.

7. Seattle Husker

No, I did not. Seth Rich is a right wing conspiracy. DNC hack being an inside job is a right wing conpiracy. Pizzagate was a right wing conspiracy. Jade Helm 15 was a right wing conspiracy. Most of what Alex Jones appears to profligate appears to be right wing conspiracy BS.

I was critical of Trey Gowdy's handling of the Benghazi fracas only because the 3rd investigation (his) didn't merit any new revelations and was timed for political purposes. He has much more credibility on this topic and notice he's not leading the charge. He's been critical but he's openly questioned Nunes tactics and strategy. Why? Because Nunes is driving his investigation only for political purposes. He's not interested in fixing anything but rather creating a smokescreen for his benefactor, Trump.

8. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

That's your opinion and not a fact. What is a fact is that the FBI is behaving like they have something to hide. Even Sessions is critical of the crap the FBI is pulling.

9. Seattle Husker

Are you saying it's not a fact that he recused himself after the stunt where the Whitehouse fed him information then he staged the event where he ran to the Whitehouse to alert Trump then held a press conference? That's not a "fact"? That wasn't an investigation activity but rather a Whitehouse stooge which is why he was forced to recuse himself. None of the facts of how that episode played out are in dispute at this point. If you want we can also re-litigate the Nunes/Schiff memos, neither of which attempted to present an unbiased view but rather purposely biased views which were also political acts not a characteristic of people desiring a true investigation.

10. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

No, it's not a fact. That's what the MSM said happened. He never recused himself. The media reported he did but he never did. He only temporarily stepped aside while the ethics panel's investigation was ongoing. Once he was cleared he came back. I guess the Grassley-Graham memo was probably too political as well, right?

11. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Here are Nunes exact words "I believe it is in the best interests of the House Intelligence Committee and the Congress for me to have Representative Mike Conaway, with assistance from Representatives Trey Gowdy and Tom Rooney, temporarily take charge of the Committee’s Russia investigation while the House Ethics Committee looks into this matter.”

Another ******** story from the MSM.

12. Seattle Husker

So, you're taking the Clinton defense and arguing over the definition of the word "is"? You recognize that with this argument you've validated my facts, right?

13. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Do you understand English? It's pretty clear to me, "temporarily take charge of the Committee’s Russia investigation while the House Ethics Committee looks into this matter.”

14. Seattle Husker

So he recused himself temporarily?

15. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I don't think "temporary" and "recusal" can go together. "Temporarily take charge of the Committee’s Russia investigation while the House Ethics Committee looks into this matter” means I'm leaving temporarily while I'm under investigation. Once the investigation is over, I'm back. That doesn't fit the definition of a recusal unless one of our onboard lawyers want to step in and correct me. He never even said the word recuse either

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  16. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Just have the FBI release the un-redacted memo, and Husker can be proven right that this is just grandstanding on Nunes' part......or not. Clearly, Comey and his minions at the FBI, some fired because of their bias against Trump and a least one still in a high ranking position, are partisan hacks that intentionally used their positions to hurt Trump, and via incompetence also hurt Hillary. When Trump unexpectedly won, they knew they had a huge problem and now they are scrambling to try and cover their tracks. It's just not working out very well for them, which is a good thing. Too bad. Hopefully we see some jail time for them.

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

McCabe was fired for "ethics breaches." The short version is that he lies all the time (even under oath), leaks to the press and accepts bribes from political parties.

Officially
    -- "lack of candor" under oath,
    -- "lack of candor" when not under oath, and
    -- incorrectly providing sensitive information to the media about the agency’s Clinton Foundation probe

" .... McCabe’s action’s were first discovered by the Department of Justice’s Office of the Inspector General, and were then corroborated by the FBI’s Office of Professional Responsibility.
    According to the investigation, McCabe told FBI lawyer Lisa Page and FBI public affairs chief Michael Kortan to contact a Wall Street Journal reporter to correct a report published in October 2016 about large donations McCabe’s wife received from Democrats during her bid for Virginia State Senate ..."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...-violating-fbi-ethics-code-three-times-report

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

More McCabe
    You may have heard he has a GoFundMe page for his legal defense, for which people like Rachel Maddow have publicized?

Turns out this effort is not the grassroots effort they claim it is. It's more liberal astro-turf put together by former Obama Admin people.

"a PR campaign put together by high-priced, well-connected, and experienced PR professionals in order to take advantage of the #Resistance’s seething anger at the Trump administration..."

Anyone surprised?
    https://lawandcrime.com/high-profil...ng-and-pr-firm/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

19. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

One strong possibility is that the version of the FISA application the FBI shared with the Congress already is at variance with the original application, which I think is still currently in the possession of the FISA court.

Pretty big deal, if so.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Here is another possibility in this general area

You may recall that, back in January, Nunes obtained permission from DOJ for access to all documents and witnesses http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...esses-sought-in-russia-probe-letter-says.html This witnesses included Peter Strzok, Lisa Page, former FBI general counsel James Baker and FBI head of counterintelligence Bill Priestap. This group formed part of Comey's "inner circle."

But then they never testified.
    Why?

One strong possibility is that a Grand Jury was already impaneled (possibility/probably John Huber's) by this time and this fine group of humans has already testified before that grand jury. If so, they cannot subsequently give testimony to Congress. I dont know that this is the case, but it would explain it. And it's a clear sign this is a criminal probe.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  22. Seattle Husker

The FBI raided Michael Cohen's office today. It's beyond time to investigate the FBI and Mueller. Just trying to fit in with the conspiracy crowd.;)

23. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

What conspiracy would that be? Their actions were not legal but it doesn't matter as long as we get Trump , does it?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  24. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

It's a shame to see the FBI become political. I can't wait to see their upper echelon fry.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Mueller trampled legal privilege today
    He will have a "special team" of FBI agents to review the "Attorney-Client communications"
    Rosenstein is the person who ultimately allowed this

26. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Isn't this banana republic type of ****?

• Like Like x 1
  27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

It does make for yet another notable contrast
    They never raided Perkins Coie for hiding the Hillary campaign’s payments to Fusion GPS from the FEC?
    Never raided Huma's home for those classified docs
    Nor Samatha Power, nor John Brennan, nor James Clapper, nor Susan Rice, nor anyone really

• Like Like x 2
  28. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Mueller crossed the line. Do you think it's time to fire Mueller or would that cause more trouble than what it's worth?

29. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

I'm pretty convinced many of the people Trump has been involved with are scumbags (as is Trump), and have been involved in illegal activity. The ironic thing is that so has Muellar; he just hasn't been exposed yet.

30. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts