Comey and Mueller

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Musburger1, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I wasn't referring to you, Bubba. It's someone else.

2. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Damn, you're right about the coal thing in this post. Apologies. This debating is hard to do on an iPhone at the ballpark.

Sorry if I misunderstood. And, I didn't recognize your movie quote. I may be too old for this ****.

3. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

:beertoast:

Have one for me Bubba.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

I'm going out on a limb here, but I assume you have never been to any kind of coal mine. A strip mining operation, such as used in the Powder River Basin of Wyoming, would not employ a large number of employees. But consider the effect they would have on local business. For example, the suppliers of equipment and maintenance supplies for trucks, cranes, loading facilities etc. Plus the 600 employees would be well paid and would likely support local retailers rather well. Rail traffic to transport the coal would necessarily increase. Plus, since we don't burn much coal in this country, it's likely the coal would be transferred to a ship at a coastal port city. So you might now understand that a small number of new coal employees would have a fairly substantial economic footprint.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Here is brief Newt on morning show

6. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

And the Mueller team's conflicts of interest keep coming...

“There’s some real concerns with what Mueller’s doing, he’s obviously got the long knife out for the president,” (Rick) Santorum told host Jake Tapper Sunday morning.

Robert Mueller, who is leading the investigation into possible collusion between Trump campaign associates and Russia, has brought on 13 attorneys to help with the probe. Mueller hired a series of top lawyers including Andrew Weissmann, who led the Enron investigation.

“You have a special prosecutor who just hired a team of lawyers that really concerns me,” Santorum said. “This Andrew Weissman is a real concern to me.”

Santorum went on to highlight Jared Kushner’s New York City newspaper Observer, which ran a series of critical articles on Weissmann’s handling of the Enron investigation. The paper accused Weissmann of running “roughshod” over defendant’s rights during the infamous Enron scandal.

“Jared Kushner’s paper went after this guy for some of the behavior, and now you bring this guy in for a non-partisan investigation,” Santorum said. “He already has a grub with Kushner, and the investigation is being expanded, maybe [to] deals with Kushner.”

7. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Wow...that pretty closely maps to the RNC talking points. It's almost as if Santorum has been told what to say.

8. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait...

WHAT??????

9. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

You can't have it both ways. Leaks are true or they wouldn't be leaks. Otherwise, they're simply lies.

Let's put this on a level that we can all understand and appreciate.

"Kevin Sumlin is going to be the new OC at OU and Bob Stoops is going to take that job."

That can't be a leak and a lie. If it's true it's a leak. If it's untrue it's a lie.

Avatar and screen name excluded...Am I wrong?

10. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

So as long as it's classified as a leak, it MUST be true. Is that what you're saying? So if it weren't true, they wouldn't call it a leak - "they" being the people who leaked it, the people who printed it, or the people who denied it? Who gets to decide? And are you really going to play a semantic game that says "So and so leaked a memo, and therefore it MUST be true, because it's being referred to as a leak?"

So should the Times now go back and retroactively reclassify all those leaks that ended up being untrue as not being "leaks" at all? Or are you arguing that because they were leaked, they HAD to have been true, and as a result any testimony refuting the "leaks" must be a lie. Does that include leaked memos that were read to someone over the phone? That's a leak, so I guess he must have been telling the truth?

If I wrote a memo and sent it off, and someone leaked it, that doesn't automatically confirm that the memo's contents are true. And if someone has an internal meeting where information is discussed which is wrong (and a meeting at which I am not present), and that information gets leaked, and I state that the information was leaked, are you really now going to argue that I've just "admitted" that the leaked information is true?

This is "tapped my phones" all over again. Because the phones weren't literally wiretapped, the actual meaning of the accusation - that I'm being monitored illegally - is completely ignored because the person wasn't precise enough in the wording. By the same token, you now get to claim that all those leaks were true by virtue of the fact that the person used the same universal tag for the information as everyone else is using. It's called a leak because someone leaked it. In many instances, that reference has insisted that the "leak" was inaccurate, untrue, or completely fabricated information. But hey: you called it a leak!! No backsies - it must be true!!

Don't hide behind Barry. That's ridiculous no matter where you're from.

11. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Good points. Maybe I'm thinking from more of a historical perspective. I guess statements from Trump can't be leaks since they're untrue? That said, the phone tapping thing is simply a nutty misinterpretation. Just because a phone line in Trump Tower belonging to a tenant is under surveillance doesn't mean that Trump is under surveillance unless he calls that number and gives it a bank routing number in the Cayman Islands. :)

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  13. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Projection is a hallmark of the left.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Pic of Comey entering the NYT building today ~6pm

[​IMG]

15. Seattle Husker

Either Trump is the best or worst bullshitter in modern politics. I can't decide. I guess it depends on which side of the political spectrum you reside on.

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

All because Rosenstein could not take the intimidation and coercion of media and Dems

18. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

More evidence the FBI heads were politicized and rotten to the core...

Acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe is being investigated for multiple potential violations of The Hatch Act by the Office of U.S. Special Counsel.

During his wife's failed 2015 campaign for VA state senate, it appears McCabe actively campaigned for his wife and used his FBI credentials to help sway a huge donation.

McCabe was seen in social media pics wearing matching campaign t-shirts with his family. His wife's comment said "can't wait to go knock on doors after the meet #teammccabe".

Other pics show one of his kids wearing an FBI t-shirt next to the wife in her campaign t-shirt when doing events.

A fellow FBI officer in the Washington office reported this potential violation.

"The Hatch Act imposes a tough standard for FBI employees, prohibiting partisan campaigning at any time. FBI employees “may not campaign for or against candidates or otherwise engage in political activity in concert with a political party, a candidate for partisan political office, or a partisan political group,” the law states."

That may have been a violation but still seems understandable with supporting his wife. If only it didn't get worse. Much worse...

When a meeting was scheduled with Gov. Terry McAuliffe (deep Clinton ties) to discuss funding her campaign, McAuliffe's office briefing memo described it as a 'candidate recruitment meeting'. Andrew McCabe was present at the meeting and his FBI profile was sent over to the Gov's office as part of his briefing package.

At the time of the donor meeting, both McAuliffe (illegal campaign contributions) and HRC (email) were under separate investigations in the FBI's Washington field office.

The same office McCabe headed up and was the highest ranking member in charge of those investigations. He recused himself from McAuliffe's probe (before or after the donation meeting?) but not HRC's email probe.

FYI, McAuliffe donated $700k to his wife's campaign after their meeting.

"The Hatch Act poster hanging inside FBI offices to urge compliance clearly states that an FBI employee "may not knowingly solicit or discourage the political activity of any person with business before the agency."

FBI sources, who spoke only on condition of anonymity, said agents were specifically concerned that McCabe's meeting with McAuliffe about supporting Jill McCabe's campaign constituted a solicitation of a person with business before the bureau."

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

20. Seattle Husker

Has anyone questioned why we hear "Mueller's staff is as large as the Rhode Island's AG office" and heard specific critiques of 5 lawyers he's hired? The gap between 5 and "Rhode Island's AG office" is immense. So why are the Trumpster's concerned about these individuals? As usual it is a blatant attempt to discredit Mueller and the investigation before they start their work so that whatever results from it can be discounted. It was the same strategy with the MSM...call them "Fake News" without any evidence then wait for them to screwup (e.g. Most recent CNN misteps) to validate the claim.

Of course, all along the Trumpsters cherry pick things from that same MSM and FBI that show them in a positive light or clarify rumors. The theme as always...believe the MSM/FBI when they show Trump in a positive light but don't believe them when they are not positive to him. This is what life in our new autocracy has become.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  21. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

All of these liberals just kept doing corruption during the election because they believed in the polls that Hillary would win. They knew they would be safe with her in office. They all had to yell SH%T once they heard there's a new sheriff in town election night. Now President Trump is draining the swamp. This group of Democrats are the most corrupt in American History. Another reason is because they feel like they got cover by the MSM. Can you imagine the republicans doing this? CNN wouldn't have to put out fake news.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

I think Mueller's team is there not so much to get the dirt on DT as they are there to make sure the dirt on Obama, HRC, et al, stays buried.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Seattle Husker

Mueller was universally praised by both sides of the aisle before taking the role. Only after becoming special counsel did the attacks on his character/motives start. Coincidence?

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Will be interesting to see if the she pleads the 5th
    Or, maybe they have an agreement already in place?

• Like Like x 3
  25. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Wouldn't be surprised if she pulled a Comey when making preparations...

Arrange a pre-testimony meeting with Mueller to align their narratives...cough cough...I mean make sure she doesn't discuss classified information in an open setting. :rolleyes1:

Obama, Rice, Lynch, Hillary, McCabe, Comey, Mueller...wish they could charge this corrupt cabal of traitors together under RICO laws and empty the trash.

26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Ive never before seen John Podesta agree to do a TV interview with someone willing to ask him some tough questions. First time for everything I guess

27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Whoops -- they write about FBI rules violations here, but he may have committed felonies

"Comey’s private memos on Trump conversations contained classified material"

More than half of the memos former FBI chief James Comey wrote as personal recollections of his conversations with President Trump about the Russia investigation have been determined to contain classified information, according to interviews with officials familiar with the documents.

This revelation raises the possibility that Comey broke his own agency’s rules and ignored the same security protocol that he publicly criticized Hillary Clinton for in the waning days of the 2016 presidential election.
    Four of the memos had markings making clear they contained information classified at the “secret” or “confidential” level, according to officials directly familiar with the matter.
    “Unauthorized disclosure, misuse, or negligent handling of information contained in the files, electronic or paper, of the FBI or which I may acquire as an employee of the FBI could impair national security, place human life in jeopardy, result in the denial of due process, prevent the FBI from effectively discharging its responsibilities, or violate federal law,” states the agreement all FBI agents sign....."

http://thehill.com/policy/national-...ersations-contained-classified?rnd=1499645596

28. militaryhorn

militaryhorn Prediction Contest Manager

That's OK though, he already set the standard with the Hillary situation and there was no intent to harm 'Merica in him releasing the information.

So, it's perfectly fine to talk, text, email, or send classified information.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

As a reminder, the prosecution of former CIA director David Petraeus for mishandling classified information centered on memos he wrote to himself (in the form of journals) that the government deemed classified because they included, among other things, summaries of conversations between Petraeus and the President.

Here is an Andrew McCarty piece at NRO about that http://www.nationalreview.com/artic...iticized-justice-department-andrew-c-mccarthy