Comey and Mueller

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Musburger1, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

We missed a great opportunity today. Mueller's testimony would have made for a great drinking game. For every "could you repeat that question", you'd have to down a beer.

Mueller comes across as being too old to to be in control of anything more than today's crossword puzzle. I say that as a 60+ yo guy that's seen better days for sure. Hes been an embarrassment

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

He had no grasp of the facts. Did not attend the majority, if any, of the many interviews. And he refused to answer questions about Christopher Steele, Spygate, etc. The Dem trick on the latter was claiming Mueller could not answer them because they involve "ongoing investigations by DOJ." The cheeky cowards that they are.

But he did make one helpful calcification which blew up the last thing Dems were hoping to grasp onto. This left them with nothing

3. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

That Trump being a sitting president was the reason why Mueller didn't charge him.

4. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Mueller's a scumbag. He deliberately lied to the masses and walked it back later knowing he won't be punished. He knows not many people will see his "clarification".

5. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Mueller later corrected his statement, denying that Lieu was correct.

6. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Thanks Gam Kinda stupid of Mueller

I think Mueller is so confused and is making things tough for the Dems who thought this would fast track impeachment,

7. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

But could this be the least credible thing Mueller said?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

I agree with JoeFan that Mueller's testimony makes him look like a patsy following the orders of other's more powerful and valuable than him. Exhibit B.

9. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Put a fork in this thing. Mueller just proved Trump correct on all accounts. How can an investigation be obstructed when it is not hindered or curtailed or stopped.

Or do Progressives not understand how synonyms work?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

This whole sham backfired on the dems. It showed the lack of character that Mueller has to the entire world.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Was that perjury?

12. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Everybody with access to the internet or even a TV knows about Fusion GPS. Either it was perjury or he's in the same shape Ronald Reagan was in towards the end of his presidency - early stages of Alzheimer's.

They better get him back to his easy chair and give him his Jell-o cup.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Trey Gowdy said the person that learned the most about Bob Mueller’s report today was Bob Mueller. Sad but true.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

After watching this shitshow today I am convinced Mueller not only didn't write the report, he was only a figurehead for the committee that actually did.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

And then you recommended prosecution?

Uh, not so much.

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

It came out today that Wiessmann did all the hiring. So if you were wondering how this operation got staffed with only rabid dog partisan Dems, there you go. Mueller was just cover, window-dressing. He was a name, to give them cover. if anything was cleared up today, it was that Mueller had little idea what they were doing.

You may recall from my many earlier posts on this topic, that Weissmann, a disgraced and ethically-challenged prosecutor, attended the Hillary 2016 Victory Party.

I used to work there. We were never allowed to come remotely close to any conflict of interest. The rule was that you not only were to avoid any conflict of interest but you were specifically told to avoid any appearance of a conflict of interest. That included any stock you owned of whatever company, any real estate you owned in a certain jurisdiction, anyone you knew remotely connected to any party. Anything really. The rule was that if you did run across something, you were to immediately shut the file and personally deliver it to the front office, where we would sit and discuss it -- what was the potential conflict here? and how much of the file did you see before you stopped reading? If it was not bad, they would give it to another atty in the office, with instructions to never discuss it. But if you read half the file, they might jettison it from the section entirely. They always erred on the side of caution on these things. Always.

So, for people like me, what happened here with these partisan hacks filling up Team Mueller is quite a shock. No one in a position of authority I ever met at DOJ would have ever allowed this. Or anything close to it. And this cuts across multiple admins and both political parties. No one would have allowed what happened here to happen.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

20. 2003TexasGrad

21. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I'm pretty certain what little credibility Mueller had is shot at this point.

22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Still plays for me
    I will see if its on youtube yet

23. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

The first girl in the video looks hot. Too bad she has TDS.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 2
  25. Bayerithe

Bayerithe 1,000+ Posts

The democrats had much high hopes for this hearing. watching it explode in their faces was comical. Y'all are right, i'm not sure how much of this report he wrote ... or even read, himself

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

should work here

• Funny Funny x 2
  27. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I predict Barr is about to expose the most corrupt event in US history with the FBI, DOJ and the Obama administration all involved. The biggest story yesterday were the revelations of who was not investigated, who was not indicted for lying and the likelihood Mueller was strategically placed due to onset of dementia. He could not even write his own statement.

28. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

There are nowhere near enough livers to cover the transplants that would have been necessitated by such a rule...

29. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Back up today...may be a daily bandwidth quota issue.

30. 2003TexasGrad

Ok that was even better than I expected.

• Like Like x 1