Comey and Mueller

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Musburger1, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

How does this work? If the majority go against him what will happen?

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

It means there will be a rehearing by the full circuit. The prior 2-1 decision is vacated.
    On the law, they will be in the very difficult position of being trapped by their own recent prior opinion.

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

4. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Is the Supreme Court the next stop?

5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

We have to see what the full panel does first
    But dude in the video^ makes some good points

6. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I don't have faith. 7 dems with only 3 reps are not good odds. Perhaps I'll be surprised. Btw, what happens if it ends up with a 5-5 tie?

7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I thought they had 11 on the DC circuit
    i will have to check that
    You can see from the order they were trying to avoid their own precedent - which is awful
    Roberts always argues their are no political divides on the Cir Courts - this case might be the slap upside the head he needs

8. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

One judge stepped aside because he worked with Mueller I believe. Only 10 will be on this case.

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Then the order to vacate would be lifted or become invalid (I think)
    Although you would probably still get a majority to agree at least on how to deal with that

10. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Question is can we find 2 dems here that have integrity? I mean, how much more exculpatory evidence does a judge need to see that this Flynn case stinks. Sullivan has proven himself to be either corrupt or a complete idiot. Probably a little of both.

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Progress

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Two raids now

15. NJlonghorn

NJlonghorn 2,500+ Posts

There are 11 active judges on the DC Circuit, but one is recused. A 12th has been appointed and confirmed but his term doesn't start until September 1. link

The DC Circuit Local Rule 35(d) provides "If the en banc court divides evenly, a new judgment affirming the decision under review will be issued." link Thus, the Court would affirm Judge Sullivan's refusal to dismiss charges against Flynn and the prosecution would continue (subject, of course, to SCOTUS review).

However, if the case is held up until September 1, I think the new Circuit Judge would be able to cast a deciding vote.

One potential outcome -- the en banc panel affirms 5-5. Later, one of the judges from the DC Circuit (Merrick Garland??) is appointed to SCOTUS, and has to recuse there. SCOTUS affirms 4-4. The prosecution would survive by the skin of its teeth at every level.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Thanks for the info.

17. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Except that IG Horowitz and the FISA court thought they were significant. How stupid do they think we are?

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Horowitz could have said a lot more
    And the Chief Judge of the FISA Court basically ran away

19. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

He husband was a major Obama donor
    I would have treated her appearance much differently -- there are several questions we needed her to answer on the record
    Compare and contrast how Graham handled his hearing (he let her testify from home) with how the House Dems treated Barr

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Yep, Lindsey Graham et al on TV saying what should and ought to be done blah blah blah.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

U.S. Attorney John Durham will soon interview former CIA Director John Brennan, another sign that the investigation of the Trump-Russia investigators is ready to wrap up by the end of the summer.

John Durham set to interview John Brennan: Report

• Like Like x 1
  24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Supposedly they are going to be able to show US Govt money went to Ukraine, then back into a law firm in the US, then disbusred by the law firm into accounts controlled by at least one of the Bidens, possibly more than one.
    I think this is something US politicians do, on both sides. It's one of the ways they go into the Congress worth $100k then come out worth $500M. So, even if they are not able to snag a Biden (or two) on this, if they can just simply shut this crap down, it will be a large victory for the US taxpayer
    We will see

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

How is wish I did not believe this will just go away. I agree that it is both parties hence my doubt anything will come of it.

27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  28. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

We will see.

• Agree Agree x 2
  29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Not going to be Brennan, this we have already seen. Or so it appears

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
  30. Joe Fan