Comey and Mueller

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Musburger1, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Some parallels with the Marta Stewart matter. They could not get her on anything real either, just a process crime.

Eestimated prison sentence is 0 to 6 months and a $500 to $9,500 fine

[​IMG]

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  3. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

"Process crime" = perjury BTW. If the reports are to be believed, Flynn was hiding the fact that Trump told him to communicate certain messages directly with Russia. For the first time, Trump would be implicated directly in the activity that he and his surrogates have repeatedly proclaimed did not happen.

4. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

I wonder if Mueller will conclude DT was 'extremely careless' in his foreign relations activities, but not at a level that amounts to illegal collusion. :smile1:

5. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

So as I understand this, Flynn is saying he was in contact with the Russians in December (after the election). Let's assume that the report that he's going to testify that Trump told him to do it is accurate, and that Trump did in fact tell him to do it.

I'm assuming Trump has denied ever having told him to do that (I can't keep all this straight anymore.) So if all that turns out to be false, and he did direct Flynn to contact the Russians... what does that mean exactly, and how would that activity be considered inappropriate or illegal?

6. Seattle Husker

It's started already. The argument is transitioning from "it didn't happen...no evidence" to "it was appropriate for normal operations".

7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

There is no crime in transition teams contacting foreign govt post-election. It is a necessity of the job. Every transition govt in US history has done this. Obama did it. We want and even need them to do it.

I am more curious to learn where Tony Podesta has disappeared to. Why is that camp so silent? If you are serious about flipping someone who could lead you to even bigger fish, this is your guy. This one person could clean out a huge chunk of the Swamp.

The actual strategy is detente first, and then a full alliance with Iran throughout the Middle East and North Africa. It has been on display since before the beginning of the Obama administration. During his first presidential campaign in 2008, Mr. Obama used a secret back channel to Tehran to assure the mullahs that he was a friend of the Islamic Republic, and that they would be very happy with his policies. The secret channel was Ambassador William G. Miller, who served in Iran during the shah’s rule, as chief of staff for the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, and as ambassador to Ukraine. Ambassador Miller has confirmed to me his conversations with Iranian leaders during the 2008 campaign.
    https://pjmedia.com/michaelledeen/2014/08/29/latest-big-lie-we-have-no-strategy/

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The 2008 Obama transition team also spoke with Hamas

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Here is Andrew McCarthy's 3-tweet take on this same issue I wrote about above

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

When the Flynn plea hit, ABC's Brian Ross lied about it. His fake news went worldwide

It tanked the US stock market for about an hour, even shook world markets (including a dump of the Ruble). If you knew how the US media works and were able to see what was happening in the moment, it was an opportunity to build your account

ABC was forced to issue a retraction. But no repercussions for Brian Ross who has made many other unprofessional blunders like this over his career

[​IMG]

from one of the Skype rooms --

[Friday, December 01, 2017 10:20 AM] Paul_Volcker: there is some US news that people are misinterpreting

Another
    <<< I think the markets misread all oft his, and it was an opportunity - Paul_Volcker, Yesterday 11:04 AM

Just sayin

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  11. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

It's common MSM practice these days. Everyone hears the manipulated allegation. 1/2 of them hear the retraction that kicks the legs out from under it.

Then countless people walk around believing the original allegation is an undisputed fact. Weaponized propaganda as usual.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This specific guy (Brian Ross) has a history of going big with wrong stories
    2001 Saddam behind Anthrax attacks
    2006 Abramoff prosecuting Hastert
    2007 Waterboarding story
    2010 Toyota Prius defect footage
    2012 Tea Party Aurora Shooting
    2017 Trump Collusion

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The Flynn plea deal is only a couple pages
    If I read it correctly, Flynn is immune from any crime he may have committed under Obama, but not under Trump.
    If this is correct, it is kind of interesting.
    Why would it be important to Flynn to be free to speak out during one time period but not the other?

14. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

I was thinking about this earlier. Flynn and BO openly despise each other. Flynn was forced into retirement a year early by B.O. for speaking out against his weak foreign policy strategies and refusal to hear intelligence reports that conflicted their narrative. It was also made public Obama warned DT not to hire Flynn.

Instead of testifying DT or Senior transition team officials directed him to make contact with foreign diplomats, which is legal and routine, this may turn out to be the Dem's worst nightmare.

As BO's director of the Defense Intelligence Agency, Flynn knows the deep dirt on military activities during the 2012-14 (Syria and ISIS) Obama years.

"According to what Flynn had stated in one final interview as DIA director, he felt like a lone voice in thinking that the United States was less safe from the threat of Islamic terrorism in 2014 than it was prior to the 9/11 attacks; he went on to believe that he was pressed into retirement for questioning the Obama administration's public narrative that Al Qaeda was close to defeat.[35] Journalist Seymour Hersh wrote that "Flynn confirmed [to Hersh] that his agency had sent a constant stream of classified warnings ... about the dire consequences of toppling [Syrian President] Assad."

Flynn recounted that his agency was producing intelligence reports indicating that radical Islamists were the main force in the Syrian insurgency and "that Turkey was looking the other way when it came to the growth of the Islamic State inside Syria". According to Flynn, these reports "got enormous pushback from the Obama administration," who he felt "did not want to hear the truth". According to former DIA official W. Patrick Lang: "Flynn incurred the wrath of the White House by insisting on telling the truth about Syria ... they shoved him out. He wouldn't shut up."[36]

In an interview with Al Jazeera, Flynn criticized the Obama administration for its delay in supporting the opposition in Syria, thereby allowing for the growth of Al Nusra and other extremist forces: "when you don't get in and help somebody, they're gonna find other means to achieve their goals" and that "we should have done more earlier on in this effort, you know, than we did."

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Could be. I have written alot about this possibility. Flipping Flynn plus the Podesta Brothers has the potential to blow DC up.

But arguing against this is the team Mueller established, which is mostly partisan Dems. Giving the appearance at least that they are their to protect their own. If Dems know how to do anything, it is how to circle the wagons and stick together.

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

A case study in the attempted subversion of democracy ....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

You might even conclude its a Swamp out there

• Like Like x 1
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Someone hand-picked this guy for both positions

19. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Will the mainstream media cover this?

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

That guy was not the only one

21. Seattle Husker

They did and covered the news that Mueller immediately removed him from the investigation the moment the IG brought the information to his attention. By any account, Mueller is running a high integrity investigation.

22. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Did they also cover his affiliation with Clinton and his association with the dossier? This is not a high integrity investigation. If it was 1) Mueller would have dismissed himself off of the case because of his close association with Comey 2) Mueller would not have put so many democrat donors on the case 3) it wouldn't look like a fishing expedition to get Trump.

23. Seattle Husker

I don't read the heavy partisan sits (right or left) so yes, they did note that he was a key figure in the Clinton email investigation. I got the impression that this was a fairly high ranking FBI person to be a central figure. The media also noted that this was a private exchange between 2 FBI peers commenting on one of the debates. It should also be noted that this exchange was not against any FBI rules but rather Mueller appears to have removed him to avoid the appearance of bias (my opinion).

#1 could be used against any former FBI or Federal Prosecutor in the last 2 decades. When he was appointed it was agreed that Mueller's integrity was impugn-able. #1 - #3 are politically motivated arguments by a group whose sole goal is to stop the investigation, or at least in hopes it fails.

24. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

The problem with #2 just popped up and you're trying to tell me it's just a "politically motivated argument"? Wow, man. #3 is also occurring right before your eyes so I don't why it's so hard for you to see it.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  25. Seattle Husker

Just popped up? In June POTUS and PT Barnum impersonator had this to say on Fox and Friends:

"I can say that the people that have been hired (for the independent Russia investigation) are all Hillary Clinton supporters, some of them worked for Hillary Clinton."

Here was Politifacts review of that statement in June. I'll reiterate...politically motivated argument.

26. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Oh, if Politifact says so it must be true. LOL! There are also reports that there are more than just one getting in trouble for anti-Trump statements. Like I said #2 is occurring before your eyes but you want to deny it. Five people possibly involved in this stuff.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  27. Seattle Husker

If someone else commits the same act at the FBI agent then I trust Mueller will handle it. It doesn't appear he was indecisive with the first episode based on the public timelines. Heck, the agent had already been reassigned back to pool by the time the story broke.

On #2 here is Politifact's meanderings on the most recent claim by Rep. Duffy of bias.

28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The FBI dude who was "reassigned" for being a Trump-hater was the same person who interviewed Flynn

It's a swamp I tell ya

• Like Like x 1
  29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Good lord these people

30. Seattle Husker

I know...Nick Short is a piece of work, right?