Comey Fired!

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Musburger1, May 9, 2017.

1. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

2. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

About friggin time!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

My liberal friends on Facebook are losing their minds right now. Close to paranoia I'd say.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

But what if a federal district court judge in Hawaii disagrees whether Comey should be fired?

• Like Like x 3
  5. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

He better hurry with an appointment because the acting director is now McCabe, the guy with HRC ties.

Senate confirmation hearings will get nasty I'd assume. Libs will be as fired up over this process as Gorsuch. Likely more with their bread and butter witch hunt at stake.

The longer McCabe is in charge, the bigger the threat of politicized FBI obstruction.

6. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

It's a coverup!!!!

7. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Trump must have been tired of waiting for him to bust Rice and company for unmasking American citizens.

8. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

I felt like Trump should have fired Comey in January. Having said that, it was pretty low class of Trump that Comey learned of his dismissal via a scroll on a TV monitor. Our government is basically run by sociopaths, grifters, and morons.

• Like Like x 1
  9. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

So you think Comey should have been treated with more respect, but then you call the head of the government's FBI a sociopath, grifter or a moron?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

I don't think the President of the United States should operate that way, no. It's bush league. The person that holds office of the Presidency should at least govern in a dignified way regardless of what he thinks of the person being replaced.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

Comey is no moron. Like many talented individuals that climb the latter, I strongly suspect him to be a sociopath.

12. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

He probably was busy hating Jews, blacks and women, and didn't have time to show that sociopath any respect.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

[​IMG]
    3hJulian Assange @JulianAssange
    FBI source says the FBI will now start leaking leaking like Niagara. But please FBI friends full docs or you know the press will spin it!

14. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

in the words of Ricky Ricardo, "Lucy you got some 'splaining to do"!

Saying he fired Comey because he muffed the HRC Investigation makes no sense!

• Like Like x 1
  15. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

This shatshow is crazy. Sessions recuses himself from the investigation yet writes the recommendation for dismissal?

The feces is going to meet the rotating oscillator soon.

Unmasking. LOL.

• Like Like x 1
  16. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

More quality commentary from Bubba.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'm still trying to decide what to think of this. I understand the case for dumping Comey. His handling of the email investigation was bad in many respects that both parties have good reason to criticize. However, his problems with that were well-known months ago. The timing of the firing smells funny with what's happening in the Russia investigation. And why mention the investigation in the termination notice? That was very weird. Needless to say, a special prosecutor is warranted. I think it was warranted from the beginning as it was in the email investigation, but it's definitely warranted now.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  19. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

I don't know what your problem is. This is how Obama found out almost all things of import going on around the world.

• Like Like x 3
  20. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

Long overdue. I do believe that Comey tried to do the right thing. But he clearly was in over his head and made some really poor decisions. The entire HRC email investigation was amateur hour.

• Like Like x 3
  21. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Comey just doesn't seem to get timely results, and he makes "big" mistakes. The investigation into Russian meddling will continue without him. Trump mentioned that Comey has said, just as Clapper did, that there is no evidence of collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign, because he knew the Democrats and MSM would use this as another opportunity to spin lies about Trump. What is going on with the unmasking investigation? Why aren't Lois Lerner and the IRS being investigated? As the Rosenstein letter and others have said, since when is it the job of the FBI director to make final judgement on innocence or guilt, or read non-existent language into federal statutes? From a timing standpoint, my understanding is that Rosenstein has been on the job two weeks.

22. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

The latest round of testimony he gave on the email scandal where he got several details wrong which had to be corrected after the fact does make you wonder whether the guy was competent.

• Like Like x 3
  23. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

James Comey ‘Threw the Reputation of the FBI Under the Bus,’ Says Bureau’s Former Assistant Director

“He was fired for cause in my view,” James Kallstrom informs Breitbart News. “When the referral came to the bureau close to a year ago, Comey knew at that point, if not soon after, that the Justice Department had no interest in conducting a criminal investigation of Hillary Clinton. They would never approve a grand jury and they would never approve an indictment.”

Kallstrom faults Comey for presiding over a “sham” investigation of Clinton. From granting unnecessary immunity deals to conducting an interview of Clinton not under oath to too slickly issuing a document dump the day after the Fourth of July, the FBI deviated from standard-operating procedure during the investigation of the former secretary of state’s reliance on private servers to send and receive classified material, Kalstrom says.

“He did something the FBI never does,” the former head of the FBI’s New York office points out of Comey. “It never discloses the charges against an unindicted person—ever.”

Kallstrom maintains, “He was so out of left field—the things he did.”

This included citing a lack of intent on Clinton’s part to rationalize not pursuing the case further when the relevant statute does not mention intent. “Intent does not matter at all,” Kallstrom explains to Breitbart News. “There’s no ‘intent’ in the statute. Nevertheless, in my opinion there’s a busload of intent.”

“The cause [for firing] is that he took upon himself authority he didn’t have, number one,” Kallstrom says of the former FBI director acting as a de facto prosecutor rather than as a mere investigator. “Number two, he told the public that he undertook a ‘thorough’ investigation. You can’t put ‘thorough’ and ‘lack of a grand jury’ in the same sentence. He threw the reputation of the FBI under the bus.”

“He’s basically a good guy,” Kallstrom notes of Comey. “I don’t think he’s done this with malice aforethought. He just lacks common sense. He just wasn’t up for the job of FBI director.”

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  25. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Those are all legitimate reasons to fire him, but why do it now? This stuff is months old. That's what makes this look like pretext.

It's like a company that fires you for being late to work 6 months ago. Being late for work is a reason to fire somebody, but if it kept you on for the last six months, wouldn't you wonder if the tardiness was the real reason you got

• Like Like x 1
  26. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

the last time a president tried to take control of the FBI because he didn't like the fact that it was autonomous he got Mark Felt and a new president. We should be so lucky

27. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Rosenstein, the former Obama appointee, has only been in office two weeks. It was his recommendation to Sessions and Trump to fire Comey. I suspect had Trump sat in this and not fired Comey, there would be later consternation by the Dems about why Trump did not follow the advice of his appointee. Can't win.

But, that is why now. The Deputy AG has only been at work for 2 weeks, thanks to the stall tactics by the Senate.

• Like Like x 3
  28. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

What may lie ahead. Good stuff.

29. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

I think what this does is show that Trump isn't on top of this. It took this letter outlining all the reasons for him to be fired for Trump to finally act. I kind of envision Trump sitting down at his desk, seeing this letter from his new hire, reading it and going, "OK so I guess we need to fire this guy. OK what's next?"

30. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Or, it shows that he was waiting until his Justice Department appointees were in place. Had he fired Comey months ago, it would not have gone well. Either way, Trump is crucified in the MSM.

• Like Like x 4