Comicpalooza

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by Dionysus, May 10, 2019.

1. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Anybody do the Comicpalooza thing? It’s at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston this weekend.

My 18 yo son has a booth for his digital art. We’re pretty pumped about it, should be fun.

If you’re there come see us at booth 3730.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

That's cool! I hope he does well this weekend with his sales!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Thanks Joe. We just got to the GRB, putting a few final touches on the booth. The boy’s excited and nervous!

4. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

That's understandable. He'll be fine I'm sure, and do well this weekend.

5. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

I predict he will have a blast. First time doing a booth is really exciting to an extrovert, which you better be if you doing something like this.

• Like Like x 1
  6. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Yeah, should be a great experience for him - hope it goes well !!

• Like Like x 1
  7. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

Dion,

Did your son have fun at the comicpalooza? Did he sell some art? Hope it went well.

8. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Thanks AC — he sold some art and we learned a lot about how to do an event like this, which was also one of the goals. When we got home Sunday he had a message from a guy we met there, asking if he could commission an 8×10 piece for his daughter’s birthday. Pretty exciting!

• Like Like x 5
  9. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn 500+ Posts

Awesome for your son @Dionysus! I sure wish I had known about this. I saw that Nathalie Emmanuel and Emilia Clarke were both in attendance. Would have loved to see them!

• Like Like x 1