Common Sense - 2008

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Rip76, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Rip76

Rip76 1,000+ Posts

I don't normally post the "you tube" stuff or things that are forwarded, but I thought this was pretty good.

No matter what side you're on....

If someone was running for President with this platform, would you vote for them?
    (maybe, minus the draft part)...

The Second American RevolutionThe Link

We the People Stimulus PackageThe Link

2. Oilfield

Oilfield Guest

Good stuff. It would be even better if it was a real person as opposed to an actor. I'd vote for him or her. Absolutely. The media would crucify him or her though.

3. alden

alden 1,000+ Posts

Stopped at 53 seconds. All of his "common sense" is ********. Diversity does not mean disunity. While unity keeps us together, it's our diversity that has made us a great nation. Our nation is BASED on a diverse group of states coming together. He presents a "false choice" logical fallacy, since diversity and unity are not exclusive.

It's just group speak appealing to those who don't think things through. But like I said, I only listened to 53 seconds.

4. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

^Better than listening to 53 seconds of Obama.

HHD [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. alden

alden 1,000+ Posts

^Not if the teleprompter's working. [​IMG]

6. The Creature

The Creature 100+ Posts

I like alot of what he has to say. I would be concerned about the same thing that has disappointed me with "conservatives" in the past, however, and that is that he would become too busy fighting to keep God in the pledge of allegience to get to all the other issues he mentioned.

This is my main sticking point with the Republican party. I agree with them on a lot of things, but they spend far too much time wailing about the decline of American social mores and far too little time restoring us to an economic and governmental system that rewards those who exhibit independent, free thought and personal ambition--characteristics our nation was founded to nurture.

America needs a Libertarian revolution a la Heinlein's "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress." TANSTAAFL indeed, Mr. Heinlein, and down with the Warden!

7. Rip76

Rip76 1,000+ Posts

"The man who created two phenomenally successful "We The People" YouTube videos urging Americans to stand up against Congress and reclaim their republic now – or perhaps lose it forever – reportedly has been summoned to the White House by President Obama to discuss the subject matter of the short films."

Is this true?

8. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

9. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Obama just sign the bills and reads his teleprompter, even when it is some one else's speech.

10. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

The actor makes some very good points but I would like to know what his definition of "uni-culture" is. Its probably not the same as mine.

Longhorn Catholic- "Summer - are you saying Jesus............I mean Obama, used his teleprompter or not? "
    Summerof77- ........you should change your name."