Conference Championship Preview

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Valmy77, May 19, 2009.

1. Valmy77

Valmy77 1,000+ Posts

The Link

Big 12 part:

2. bassale47

bassale47 1,000+ Posts

I also wouldn't say A&M has a "deep stable of power arms." A&M has one pitcher who has been consistently good pretty much all year, and that's Brooks Raley, who Texas roughed up pretty good in College Station.

Alex Wilson is unhittable when he's on, but his lack of consistency is the reason he is now coming out of the pen (much like with Brandon Workman). A&M has no one else in their pen who scares me or who I would call a power arm.

Ross Hales did a great job against Texas, and that's what everyone knows him for now. But before then (and since then) he was an average Big 12 pitcher who was put into the weekend rotation later in the season when Wilson lost it. He certainly is not anywhere near what Cole Green and Taylor Jungmann and Chance Ruffin have done. I would even take Austin Dicharry over Hales based on a full season's worth of performances.

3. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

I guess we'll have to get over our "We Can't Beat Any Team From The State of Kansas" problem if we want to play in championship game.

4. Scooter

Scooter 250+ Posts

5. hudsonhorn

hudsonhorn 500+ Posts

"Land Thieves" is correct.