Conference records

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by ProdigalHorn, Mar 19, 2016.

1. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

If I got it right (stupid basketball leagues, can't keep any of them straight anymore) - kind of looks like the old guard striking back!

ACC 6-1
    Big East 4-1
    Atlantic 10 2-1
    Big 10 4-2
    Big 12 3-4
    American athletic 1-2
    Pac 12 2-5
    SEC 2-0 (I can't bring myself to even count this - your top two teams won their first round game... ok cool.)
    Missouri valley 2-0 was a lot more impressive.

2. harry_horns

harry_horns 250+ Posts

3. 22Horn

22Horn 500+ Posts

'enough is enough'

4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

2 teams so far in sweet 16. OU should make it 3. Not a bad result. Of course, WV or UT or Baylor should have been the 4th (which is the standard for best conference).

5. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

The Big XII should have had at least 4 teams in the sweet 16, getting just 3 and having 4 teams lose in first round was not good. Those 4 first round losses will impact next year when the sixth and seventh place teams in the conference may need an argument to get in to the tourny and this years performance by the conference may get thrown in their face as reason why not. Unfortunate reality is that ACC getting 6 teams to sweet 16 will mean that the 7th and 8th place teams in that conference have the better argument next year for a spot. Nice thing is that Big XII and ACC are head and shoulders above the other conferences.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  6. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

ACC sent 40% of their teams to sweet 16. B12 sent 30%. I think B12 got bad pairings in north Iowa and SFA.

• Like Like x 1