Congrats on win over La Monroe

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by caryhorn, Nov 15, 2016.

1. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

oNice win against an average to below average foe. Although Blanks did say that La Monroe would likely be in the hunt for their conference championship.

Anyway, I saw improvement from the first game. Especially in the 2nd half. The addition of Roach and Mack were significant. No one on our team slashes to the hoop like Roach. And Mack was hot from 3 point land. If he can be consistent from outside that opens up the post for our young guns. Davis was way off from downtown, but he will only get better. We know he is talented and can hit his shot. It will come for him.

Allen is better than I expected. His foot speed is incredible and his game seems better than any freshman post I can remember here. Banks is very good on the defensive end, and his quickness to the boards, like Allen's, is impressive.

All of them are hustling, going hard to the max. But they are young, often out of control, flying all over the place. With this much youth, it will take a while to come together. Gonna be fun, gonna be an adventure.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  2. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

I wonder how we'd do if we played them? ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Yikes, I better fix this. Done. Thanks for the heads up!!