Connie Clark resigns

Discussion in 'Softball' started by Dionysus, May 23, 2018.

1. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Absolutely not! Viper's accusations are much like the people who maintain that Barry Switzer cheated at OU, but never offered up any proof.

:deadhorse:

By the way, I'm working on a lease agreement to get rent from the Brooklyn Bridge. I can't sell you the bridge, but will sell you the land it sits on.

:clap:

2. Son of a Son

Son of a Son 1,000+ Posts

Don't you F'ing DARE tease me like that!

3. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Personal experience - has to do with club team coaches funneling talent to schools who take care of them either by holding back scholarship money for the coach's players or outright cash payments to the coach. Why play club sports of not to get a scholarship? The money spent on the player from the third grade through high school would go a long way to paying for college.

Compliance has everything to say about who can be contacted and by whom.

4. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

I think we've had this conversation before, but yes organizations have relationships with schools...big deal. If you think any college will take an inferior player over a better player because they like a select coach either you are wrong or that college coach will be fired soon for losing. I have not experienced nor heard of money exchanging hands and if you have proof please provide a link. I'm sure it has happened, but I would say 99% of the commitments are straight up where the kid wants to go.

Again, there are zero rules prohibiting colleges from working with select organizations other than when they can talk.

5. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Yes we have had this conversation before, and yes this is a free country. However what you described is what has happened at Texas. If you do not play nice with the agents in the form of club coaches - you cannot be successful. One of these days the Feds will step in just as they have done in basketball.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1