Connor Williams

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by stanhin, Nov 18, 2017.

1. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Just think what might have been had that one player been healthy all year.

2. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

:hookem:

• Like Like x 1
  3. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Amen! He is a DIFFERENCE MAKER! He is a MAN!

• Like Like x 1
  4. horn by commitee

horn by commitee 25+ Posts

9-2 with him .......

• Like Like x 1
  5. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

9-2 w/o Tim Beck.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Hoop

Hoop 500+ Posts

Solid dance skillz too.

• Like Like x 3
  7. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Conner made a massive difference today. Running game came alive.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Pretty impressive difference with him there considering he's playing alongside 4 other guys who are average blockers at best. Player of the Game for us, IMO.

• Like Like x 2
  9. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

9-2 with the next man up?

10. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

So, after today, is it more likely or less likely he turns pro? Talk to VY I would tell him. Next year could be special if he stays.

11. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

:hookem: what a f' in warrior!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  12. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

All depends if he wants a degree and T ring before he leaves for big $$$.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  14. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

He can come back and get that anytime. 1st round draft grade yeah I’d take the money and tell my agent to get as much guaranteed as he possibly can

15. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

VY was a top 3 pick, he wished he would have come back. Just sayin. Money will be there in 2019

• Like Like x 1
  16. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Not if he gets injured, he missed half the year already. VY came back and finished and griffin just came back and got his later along with a few other guys last year? Texas isn’t going anywhere but a shot at the nfl could end in one play.

17. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

#LloydsOfLondon can guarantee it

• Like Like x 1
  18. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I know this is selfish but, how many players have decided to come back, gotten injured, and never played in the League? I'm sure there have been some but I cannot remember one.

It's not always all about the money, or it shouldn't be. VY didn't come back but should have. Blalock did come back and it worked out fine for him. Lienert came back and perhaps missed a chance at being the first overall pick by the 49ers.

Tough call. But again, I cannot think of one player that lost the opportunity due to an injury in his senior year.

Let me add that if Williams, Jefferson and Elliott come back, I believe that we will have a legitimate shot at the playoff. Silly? I don't know. USC won't have Darnold, OU won't have Special Snowflake and OSU won't have Rudolph. To me all the games are very winnable.

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  19. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

#BandOfBrothers. Now or never

20. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

I never quite understood all the hype around Williams however, compared to our other lineman, he's all world.

21. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Getting injured and still being able to play in the league happens all the time but it can also take you from a 1st round pick to 2nd or 3rd round one costing you millions. Jaylon smith for the cowboys prime example sure he had insurance but he also almost lost the chance to play in the league all together. At the end of the day it’s all a gamble he could be 1 overall or mr irrelevant.

22. BananaChipBettor

BananaChipBettor 100+ Posts

You might not want him to leave or maybe you don't know what your're watching. Either way, it doesn't matter. He's a great player. I guess even after this season, you think O-lineman grow on trees and it's all willy-nilly or dilly-dilly now days.

He's great and I hope he comes back. With that said, I will respect and appreciate whatever he decides.

• Like Like x 4
  23. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Insurance will only cover a fraction of the estimated guaranteed amount.

If you come back, certainly get the insurance, but it ain't covering first round money.

• Like Like x 2
  24. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

I'm assuming he goes if he still grades out as Top 10 draft material.

25. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

He is and should be gone. Injuries are not common in this situation but the risk is too great. Sam Bradford cost himself money coming back to OU is first one that comes to mind, kid at Notre Dame who now plays for Cowboys but had to sit season after being injured in the bowl game at the end of his senior year but who would have been first round pick after his junior year also comes to mind. Connor can always come back and get his degree but that lost year of earnings will always be lost and the NFL is unforgiving, you get as much money as quickly as you can because nothing is guaranteed. Maybe he doesnt get injured his senior year but he does in his second year of NFL and gets cut, think he wouldnt like that extra year of earnings he gave up by coming back.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This guy just moved him to #3

27. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Roy Williams came back knowing he was going to basically be a blocker for VY.
    But he loved college life and wanted to experience one more year.
    I think Conner should go.
    But it would be awesome if he stayed.

• Like Like x 1
  28. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

29. Hoop

Hoop 500+ Posts

He can go as long as he passes on his skills (football and dancing) to his teammates before he leaves.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Draft profiles beginning to come out

Strengths:
    Connor Williams is polished at the tackle position which makes it hard to find a flaw that I can say is a constant without sounding nitpicky. What stood out is his consistency with his technique. Williams displays a strong punch, elite level arm extension and surprisingly nimble feet for a man of his size.

Weaknesses:
    An injury would be the only weakness but it seems that Williams has recovered just fine. The Texas offense averaged 233 rushing yards a game and 5.5 yards per carry with Williams on the field and 112 yards without him. For me to call anything Williams does on the field a weakness would be me over analyzing and making a mountain out of a molehill due to a missed block or an occasional penalty. The kid is that consistent.

The link has nice video highlight
    http://profootballtalkline.com/nfl/...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer