construction at Anderson High

Discussion in 'Around Austin' started by TXSNOS, Sep 27, 2009.

1. TXSNOS

TXSNOS 1,000+ Posts

Anyone know what they're doing construction wise at Anderson High? I drove by there today and they have some tar paper like temporary sediment controls between the tennis courts and Steck and it goes on around to the side between the tennis courts and the parking lot including the outdoor basketball courts.

2. UTEE

UTEE 1,000+ Posts

They're going to be adding a new band hall, fine arts, and science addition. Not certain that's what you saw, but probably is.

Anderson High Class of 1990, by the way. Fight On, Trojans!

3. TXSNOS

TXSNOS 1,000+ Posts

I found out today that they're building some new tennis courts. [​IMG] Wooopeee!!!! [​IMG]

I went there this morning to hit against the wall, and as I was walking toward the courts I saw a man come out of the gym in an AHS warmup suit. I asked him about it and that's what he told me. He wasn't sure how many but thought it would be 2 to 4 courts and he did not know what if anything they would do with the existing courts.

4. dallas_the_tiger

dallas_the_tiger 100+ Posts

Would be really great if they were to add lights to those courts.

5. TXSNOS

TXSNOS 1,000+ Posts

Yeah, but I doubt they will. I'm not sure any AISD high schools have lighted courts except Austin High (if you can call those lights) and that's only because it's a shared facility with the city. I just hope they don't do away with the backboard at Anderson.