Controversial opinions

From the perspective of a non-drummer, I'd put Mick Fleetwood as only a short notch below Peart/Ginger Baker/Bonham as rock drummers.

Fleetwood was also one of those all-around musical geniuses.

If Roy Clark had gone rock instead of country, he'd be considered on the level of Page, Richards, E. Van Halen, etc., and just a tad below Hendrix.

Yes, Cream is my favorite band of all time, but I was always led to believe that Baker was not a "good teammate", and part of the breakup was because Bruce & Baker couldn't get along.

Supposedly one of their flareups resulted over the fact that they couldn't agree on the last song to be included on their new album. Arguments went all night and into the early morning when Bruce started playing just before dawn, and the result was "White Room". I saw both Bruce & Clapton on late night TV tell that story.

I always thought Baker's hoariness was because he finished second to Hendrix is the "Most Handsome Rock Star" pageant.

If Roy Clark had gone rock instead of country, he'd be considered on the level of Page, Richards, E. Van Halen, etc., and just a tad below Hendrix.
Glen Campbell was one of the most talented overall musicians — and a virtuoso guitarist — that ever stepped into a studio or on a stage. A true master.

"Best practices" are often not the best but rather the lowest common denominator of what is currently accepted
cf. "standard of care" in medicine

100 Day Countdown 2024

Help us count down to game day with your favorite player pics.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Recent Threads

Back