Coopers BBQ in New Braunfels

Discussion in 'Around Austin' started by TheFied, Jan 19, 2009.

1. TheFied

TheFied 2,500+ Posts

I know this is Around Austin but I don't know if I consider NB to be "on the road" since it is so close.

I have been to the Coopers in Llano many times and although it is not my favorite BBQ place in the state, it is high up there. A buddy of mine from NB told me that they put a Coopers off 337.

Anyone been yet?

2. longyak

longyak 250+ Posts

It is getting good reviews on other Horns' sports sites. I have not been.

3. NCAAFBALLROX

NCAAFBALLROX 1,000+ Posts

BriskeTexan & I have both visited & reviewed; pics are there as well.

It's much larger & certainly a lot more 'sterile' (i.e. clean & not looking like it has been around for 20+ years) than the original, but to me the taste is the same.

They supposedly also have shops in the works for Kerrvile, Cowtown & Temple.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. TheFied

TheFied 2,500+ Posts

Do you have a link to the pics?

5. Hornius Emeritus

Hornius Emeritus 2,500+ Posts

Coopers in Llano has been very disappointing to me the last three times I've been there.

I don't think I'll be going back again.

6. scottsins

scottsins 1,000+ Posts

7. hook1997

hook1997 25+ Posts

If you don't love coopers in llano s brisket you have no taste buds, it is pure greatness. Always tender and juicy.

8. TomTerrific

TomTerrific 500+ Posts

Cooper's Llano is no longer owned and run by Tommy Cooper, as he has died.

His cook, Kenneth Laird opened his own place in Llano and the Bar B Que there is markedly better.

The new owners of Coopers bought the building, but not the recipe.

If you want to stand in line with Harley Riders for 45 minutes for mediocre meat...Cooper's Llano is your place.

9. hook1997

hook1997 25+ Posts

Ahh TOMMY the split happened in like 1984, so anyone who has eaten there in the last 25 years has had a modern coopers experience that everyone has grown to love. They have had more fame since the switch to be correct.

10. had coopers pit stop on the way to lubbock this past season... no complaints. bob cole likes bbq