Coronavirus

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Clean, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

LH is an MSM bot. Maybe even more than Husker.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Coronavirus! Coronavirus!

"Hold my beer"
    Austin allergies

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

It’s funny because it’s true.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Wow SXSW has been cancelled.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

It’s for the best.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

7. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Maybe it would have been funnier if you didn't use a heavily edited 10 second clip. LOL!

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
  8. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

The hysteria is the hoax. It’s a new virus that will eventually be contained and treated. Definitely needs to be taken seriously, but the media has put the country into panic mode. Anyone stocking up on water, toilet paper etc are idiots.

This is the only hope democrats have in November. And they are exploiting it to their benefit and the country’s harm.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

The only thing people can control is washing their hands and avoiding surfaces, etc and avoid large gatherings. Testing kits and vaccines are up to others. Really, people are being irrational.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

westmall.jpg

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

You're only saying it because it's true.

12. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

It’s the only way I’ll come in

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Taint resistant?

• Funny Funny x 4
  14. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

I was talking to a Canadian today. He started by sarcastically mocking Trump's leadership regarding managing the Corona Virus epidemic.

He kept talking. He said Canada was ready for Corona because they had a huge outbreak of SARS a couple of years ago. He was confident Canada would do a good job because they learned good lessons from all the problems they had with SARS.

He never detected the irony. I bet Longest Horn doesn't either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

AIPAC has it under control. Their aggy doctor is on it.

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

She needed tp for something

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Good read. I posted much of this way back on the other thread, but it still worth the time if you are interested in this topic

19. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Probably a dumb question. I haven’t done any homework on this thing but is it significantly different from the flu? I understand the flu can be very serious for some.

20. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Truth is overrated. The most phenomenal politician of my lifetime lies way more than Richard Nixon ever did.

21. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

The symptoms are different but the threat to your body overall is similar. If it's going to take you down, it attacks your lungs. Still, more people have dropped out of the Democratic primaries than have died from CV in the US thus far.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I did read a lady with stage 4 cancer is stuck on a ship and could miss her next chemo.
    They need to evacuate her

23. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

He did not say that. What he was saying is that a decent percentage get it and are asymptomatic and just walk around spreading it without even knowing it. That's kind of scary thing about this one. That said, I have no real worries. My mom needs to be careful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Off the top rope!

This is going to meander for the next few weeks. The last I looked new cases in China were dropping. I think October is when it will pop up again.

25. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

What's the irony?

From my view governments who are forthright and not worried about perceptions have the best outcomes. Governments who spew **** like Larry Kudlow does don't do as well.

26. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Difficult to know for sure because of lack of testing. But in Korea where they have done the most testing, the death rate is approx 0.5%, which is 5x worse than flu. Older folks and smokers will have it worse. Kids seem relatively immune, which is why parents aren’t panicking. For a healthy person, the only prudent actions is to avoid large crowds and wash your hands

• Like Like x 1
  27. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

You left off licking religious shrines.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  28. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

The death rate of those below 50 is quite low <0.4% and declines with age. The only people that should be worried are those greater than 60. I plan on travelling for business over the next couple months and will limit interaction with my elderly folks for 2 weeks after I get back.

29. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

I see you have the same problem with detecting irony.

The irony is the Canadian government didn't do a very good job with SARS. He never once criticized them. He only criticizes Trump even before we know what the outcome will be.

It shows a complete lack of objectivity.

• Agree Agree x 4
  30. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Lack of objectivity? On West Mall?

• Agree Agree x 1