Coronavirus

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Clean, Jan 28, 2020.

1. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

2. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

3. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

4. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Longest Horn, once again makes no point whatsoever other than to show his complete bias against Trump. Complete lack of objectivity.

Stupid comments by Trump and his criticism of Obama are irrelevant.

Wait a couple of months and see what happens. Criticize mistakes he actually makes. At this point criticism is based on the fact you don't like him. We get it you're a Leftist, Samantha Bee drone.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

LOL! Ebola and Coronavirus are the same thing in LH's mind. Anyway, Trump could spend every day at a golf course and still outdo Obama.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I'm willing to bet LH is an incompetent boob in real life.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but this is a brand new disease. It could mutate and be less virulent or it could go the other way. The first version of the 1918 Spanish flu wasn’t too lethal. It died down but came back strong and the second iteration was an ***-kicker. It killed millions of young healthy adults, while older folks who’d survived the 1890 pandemic fared well. My Dad’s family caught it in 1919, but by then it had mutated again and was less
    lethal. They all survived, but were very sick. There’s no telling what could happen with this thing.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

I agree things can take a turn for the worse. But based on what we know right now, it's just not that deadly of a virus unless you are over 60. This level of hysteria is simply not warranted just because the virus may mutate into a more deadly strand. I do think it makes sense to put a high urgency on developing a vaccine and treatment in case of a worst case scenario.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

10. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Woodlands hospital where the NW Harris County couple was being treated.

upload_2020-3-7_19-34-22.png

11. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

According to a news report on Click 2 Houston, CEO of Memorial Herman has confirmed that 3 of the 11 are showing symptoms. Plus, the original patients initially went to the hospital with mild symptoms (including GI issues) and were sent home. They were called back to the hospital after 3 days later after the information about the Egypt cruise came out.

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Bragged about it

13. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Only a Lib could write those words.

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

16. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

I don't believe this at all. I think 2020 is gonna make 1984 appear to be a nail biter ... or ... 2000's hanging chad recount.

When COVD-19 runs its course ... this little burp will be forgotten. The Dems have dispatched everyone who was remotely attractive to anyone outside the "establishment democrat" or moon-bat leftist. Trump is Trump and he hasn't changed.

17. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

welp ... there went the $300/nite Super 8 rooms!

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

the part which I think is to be considered is the lengthy period of latency/whatever the medics call it ... AND ... contagious with the airborne contagion. IE ... how fast of a potential to spread.

Up to 2 weeks no symptoms ... but can "share" it unknowingly. That's a big potential ... and it apparently happened in China.

No, clearly we're not all gonna die of COVD-19 ... but just avoiding the status of mort is insufficient to me. I want to avoid being sick. I'd like to avoid, too, a large number of illnesses overall and specifically in the producer section of our economy.

19. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I had a great uncle who died from the 1919 flu. I look for this to flare back up in the fall.

20. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

At this point, the CDC says that asymptomatic people are contagious. So all the horror stories are over blown. The disease can be tracked much easier. The problem is really a public thing but who you are coming into direct contact with. Still not good, but a little rationality to think through.

This is an unfortunate point for Longest Horn's narrative and derision of Trump. But don't worry. He will ignore it!

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I’d think asymptomatic people being contagious is no bueno, correct? They don’t know that they have it and are spreading it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Es no bueno, pero ellos no son "contagious".

23. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

[​IMG]

24. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

25. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Ted Cruz is also self-quarantining because of contact with person at CPAC.

26. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

On a positive note, I heard that a 100 year old Chinese man survived the virus and is fine.

27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Now liberals say it racist to call it the Wuhan Virus
    [​IMG]

All named after places
    West Nile Virus
    Zika Virus
    Ebola Virus
    German Measels
    Spanish Flu
    Marburg Virus
    Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever
    Norovirus
    Stockholm Syndrome
    Lyme Disease
    Wuhan Virus

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

29. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

So Trump is going to carry California by at least 16 points and New York by at least 8 points and sweep the entire Northeast (including Massachusetts)? That would all have to happen for you to be right.

Sure you want to go on the record with that?

30. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It's only racist if white, cisgendered, heterosexuals call it that, because they're the only people below Asians on the intersectional hierarchy.

• Agree Agree x 3