Coronavirus

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Clean, Jan 28, 2020.

1. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

Eyes, mouth and nose are protected from what is stopped inside the others persons mask.
    Transfer by hands to eyes, mouth and nose is behavior so wash aften and be aware of transfer by touch.
    Transfer in the air is much less with a mask on(what the mask catches) but you still have eyes, mouth and nose so distance is a factor.
    Not 100% but you only need consideration and cooperation to be more protected.
    As for the N95 masks that every healthcare worker wishes they had access to, they are the best when combined with face shield or protective eyewear.
    Every hospital and healthcare worker has some types of protective gear whether Dr or Janitor that my wife works with because they want to be safe for their patients and the family they come home to.

2. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

As we enjoy the Memorial Day weekend it is interesting to go back and read the first two pages of this post and see how much the discussion has evolved.

Noboday was predicting 100K US deaths over a 90 day period.

We have learned a lot and still have a lot to learn about CV19.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  4. utempire

utempire 1,000+ Posts

All I can say is that I still don't know anyone that we know that has or had the virus and we've socialized safely with other families with our kids and theirs.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  6. NJlonghorn

NJlonghorn 2,500+ Posts

You are right that this doesn't make immediate intuitive sense, and I initially had the same questions you do. But I saw an interview on TV a while back that explained it.

When you exhale, the air comes out forcefully and fairly linearly. Pretty much all of the air hits the mask. Most of the air passes through the mask, but some bounces off and goes around the edge. Either way, the air hits the mask and droplets tend to stay there.

In contrast, inhaling is a slower process and air is drawn in from all directions. Some of the air comes through the mask, and droplets shouldn't make it through. But some of the air comes in through gaps around the edges of the mask. That air goes from the environment to your lungs without ever touching the mask.

7. NJlonghorn

NJlonghorn 2,500+ Posts

That's awesome, and I hope it stays that way.

I could say the same thing until about 2 months ago. That changed from "nobody I know has it" to "dozens of people I know have it, and one is dead" in about 5 days. It's now "hundreds I know have it" and "half a dozen are dead" -- despite precautions being taken here that dwarf what is being done in Texas.

As I said before, I hope this never happens to your community. But I would encourage you to be careful, because if it does hit your community, it will get bad before you know it ever started.

8. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Do you live in a NY nursing home? Every locale is different. Austin still has 83 deaths total since this all started. I know no one at all who even has admitted contracting the virus, not just in Austin, and I have family in NY.

Obviously certain areas have been hit but at some point herd immunity has to start being achieved.

9. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

• poop poop x 1
  10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Arkansas, of all places, never had a lockdown.
    Hysterical dipsh** doomsayers predicted this would cause mass deaths.
    The "experts" gave Arkansas an "F" rating for its lack of preparation.

But now the results are coming in and Arkansas has lower unemployment and fewer deaths than its neighbor states.

[​IMG]
    Arkansas never sheltered in place. Result: Fewer deaths | The Northside Sun

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. 2003TexasGrad

Where does she say coronavirus is a hoax? Maybe in the part edited out that would show context perhaps? Probably not. Im sick of people claiming other people say something is hoax but then in the clip said person never says its a hoax.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. 2003TexasGrad

Keeping it in family saves lives apparently. Who knew?

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

No reason to point that out. It's not as if LH is concerned with the truth or anything.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

But it's all they got, which is why they do it so much

15. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

• poop poop x 1
  16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 3
    • WTF? WTF? x 2
  17. 2003TexasGrad

Well its certainly being used to condition people into being scared sh*tless and never leaving their homes, so on a certain level yeah its a psy-op.

That's completely different than claiming the virus doesn't exist however, so don't even think about claiming I said coronavirus is a "hoax."

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. 2003TexasGrad

In that case lll take the battleship.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. 2003TexasGrad

Also if that is really Alyssa Milano, it makes sense. She believed women until its her candidate and now she's about wearing masks but she's not actually wearing one.

Shes a poser who wants likes but really has no integrity or any idea what is happening.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

• poop poop x 1
  21. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

You are no average Joe.

• Hot Hot x 2
  22. 2003TexasGrad

You make sense now. Everything is a binary argument.

23. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Reminds me of this alittle

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  25. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

She later posted that there was an activated carbon pouch under her mask.

26. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Just stay home. How hard is this to understand.

• Agree Agree x 2
  27. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  28. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I have been using the same N95 mask for weeks. After each use I spray it down with hydrogen peroxide (both sides) and then hang it in the sun and air. I’m confident that the protocol is effective.

BTW, I do have another six N95s but I’m trying to stretch the supply. Three were purchased in Siam Reap Cambodia on January 29th for a ridiculous price. The rip off factor to acquire them now is pathetic. I can see paying five times the normal value but when it gets to 15, I draw the line.(They should be about $0.33 each.

I bought 100 surgical masks through Walmart.com five weeks ago. They’re crap, probably defective PPE from China...

29. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  30. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

That’s good on the 95’s. I think most healthcare workers have them now. The strategy though was to prevent what you did.