Coronavirus

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Clean, Jan 28, 2020.

1. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

A point actually MADE in the article...

In other words, no matter how promising, they are going whichever direction they can to enable the TDS.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

How dare you post contradiction. Will you just shut up and accept what she posts as fact. She wouldn't be posting it if it weren't fact.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  5. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

mc
    You just dashed LH's dream of another gotha.

6. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

lol gotha again.

• poop poop x 1
  7. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Hahahahahahaha!! Ducking racists....

8. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

I laughed.

9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

WHO destroyed economy on false premise. Only action needed was for sick people (mild or otherwise) to stay home and at-risk individuals to stay home and everyone else practice social distance at work, church, school, etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Coronavirus?

I thought that was last month's crisis.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

This coupled with the "it's ok to protest" blessing will and should ruin the credibility of public health experts.

See how dumb it sounds to just mindlessly scream, "Science!!!!"?

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Well the mask hoax is exposed.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Yep. Gotta admit you pretty much had this right and that I was far more deferential to them than they deserved. These guys have completely blown their credibility and exposed themselves as the political hacks that they are.

• Like Like x 1
  14. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I honestly believe they did so to prevent “toilet paperesque” runs on N-95 masks. We were able to secure masks for all of our providers, but we started early. There was definitely a shortage of clinical masks.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

But if this thing wasn't spreading through asymptomatic carriers, then it wasn't a smart policy to force everyone to wear any kind of mask.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Ha, ha. Crisis is the new normal. We've been in constant crisis since 2016 at least. The Russian Collusion crisis, Kavanaugh Crisis, The Impeachment, Coronavirus, Minneapolis, and a half dozen others I can't even remember.

When Ted Turner launched CNN back in the day. I thought it was a dumb idea. Who'd want to watch 24-hour news? But, the 24-hour news cycle changed (ruined?) our lives. Now the 24-hour news pushers have to have an ongoing crisis to keep us watching or reading on the internet. If there isn't one, they manufacture one. Every time Trump's hair blows when he's getting on Air Force 1 we hear about it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Agree @Clean — I prefer to mostly avoid the “news” (noise) as I think much of it is just fleeting drama created to sell advertising and instill fear.

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. Sangre Naranjada

Fleeting drama = gossip

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

I hate to say it like this, but with each passing day it appears more and more evident that those of us on the more pragmatic, sensible, and, shall I say, traditional-minded side of things are right about everything and those on the "other" side are wrong about literally everything. I expect the future to be more of the same.
    :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Yes Rain
    BUT the people with the dangerous opinions ( get rid of police? Open boarders to all? reparations? universal income? et etc) have the media to trumpet crap over and over.

• Like Like x 1
  21. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Yep....the main takeaway from most everything we have been experiencing for awhile now has to be the imminent danger to our people, our society, our way of life, and life itself that the deceptive, agenda-driven, malicious news/narrative makers (political, bureaucratic, and media) present.
    They are, in fact, traitors, but that isn't even their worst crime.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Sangre Naranjada

Read today:
    Now that I have been through an actual plague, I understand why Italian renaissance paintings are full of fat naked people laying around on couches.

• Funny Funny x 8
  23. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

Maybe we were blinded with Science!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

• Funny Funny x 3
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  25. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Smoke is anti-septic.

26. NJlonghorn

NJlonghorn 2,500+ Posts

@Mr. Deez. I don't expect many on this board to consider contrary evidence, but I do hope you will reconsider jumping to such a hasty conclusion.

The term "asymptomatic" does not mean what most people think it does. Someone is "asymptomatic" if they go through the entire course of an infection without showing symptoms. A patient who has no current symptoms but will develop them later is called "pre-symptomatic". Notably, the infection rate for pre-symptomatic patients is much higher than for asymptomatic patients. Thus, the point still remains that people who appear to be perfectly healthy may still be in a position to spread the virus.

Sorry for not giving links, but this information is on the front page of every major news outlet I've checked. Except for Fox, that is -- but it is only the liberal media that is biased. :rolleyes1:

27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

28. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Want to know the truth? All infectious diseases have a pre-Symptomatic period. Is it worse for coronavirus? Who knows, but the infectious rate is obviously lower for pre-symptomatic folks than for folks with full blown symptoms as people are coughing and sneezing up a lung.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  29. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

It's on Fox News Hot Topics. It's on the front page. Hardly biased on this topic.

30. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I know this is a right wing conservative source, but it isn't Fox News.

upload_2020-6-10_13-7-14.png