Coronavirus

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Clean, Jan 28, 2020.

1. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Anybody notice that when you wear a mask, your eye glasses fog up?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  2. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

There are companies who advertise they make fog free masks. No idea if any work

3. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I think you are missing my point, but thanks.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Damn
    I guess I did.

5. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

They don't have real scientists.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

They should either close the borders or count those coming over with COVID as Mexican deaths not Texas deaths.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

And, despite a new high, the RATE still decreased...

8. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

I used to wear an N95 mask from Home Deport when I was mowing or weed eating to keep from sucking up dust and allergens. My glasses would fog like crazy. I bought some fancy goggles off the internet that were suppose to solve the problem, but they didn't. I've given up and either take them off or wipe them with a cloth as necessary.

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

That is a good idea

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Was that a backhanded slap at Fauci?

11. horninchicago

No, it's speaking to the fact that libs and pro lockdown people called the2 CA doctors, for example, not real scientists when they said Covid wasn't as bad as the media and experts were saying.

And anyone who agreed with Trump about HQ being promising in helping treat Covid were not real scientists.

So, even though Sweden is in good shape, it must just be luck.

Edit: And, since you mentioned him, yes, Fauci is and has been full of crap.

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

What's going on in Sweden might be genetic luck.
    Would be funny if the Chinese Virus was racist

13. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

It’s because air is escaping your mask. The mask is supposed to trap particles and air from spreading to others.

14. NJlonghorn

NJlonghorn 2,500+ Posts

I hope you prove to be right. But so far, your prediction isn’t aging well. Nationally, COVID deaths have increased significantly this week, and the 7-day trend line has turned up for the first time in 2 months.

I’m particularly concerned about Texas, because most of my family and many of my longtime friends are still there. The situation is trending towards bleak, with deaths this week more than doubling previous records. That happened multiple weeks in a row in the Northeast (especially NY and NJ), which adds up real quick.

15. horninchicago

Yeah, anyone who dies of anything, and Covid is detected, that its a Covid death, so most of us are still calling BS on that increase in Covid deaths.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

There is no way the 7 day average for death is rising. Look at that graph. The last 3 days alone would have to sky rocket for that to be so. Okay there is a way, but I haven't seen any reason to believe it. Headlines in the NY Times or even AAS aren't very reliable.

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

There appears to be a lack of standardization with how deaths are reported, state-by-state, county-by-county. If someone with covid dies in an automobile accident, it should not be counted as a "covid-related death."

In any event, so far, the death rate for the common flu is higher than for the coronavirus. Schools are not normally shut down over the flu or, if they are, it is for a day or two at the most.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The Gov of South Dakota on mask wearing

As a 3rd generation Texan, I have never been jealous of other states over anything, but I admit I am now starting to cast a slightly envious eye towards SD. Life in the vast lane.

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

There is a split among the states regarding "crushed the virus" vs. "manage the spread"

Here are their deaths per million population --
    NY: 1,663
    NJ: 1,748
    MA: 1,200
    CT: 1,200

TX: 105
    FL: 187
    AZ: 280

And here are total deaths by state --
    NY: 32,343 (population 19.45M)
    NJ: 15,522 (8.9M)
    MA: 8,268 (6.9M)
    CT: 4,348 (3.5M)

TX: 3,046 (29M)
    FL: 4,009 (21.5M)
    AZ: 2,038 (7.3M)

(source Worldometers):

20. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Just to prove your point, Bexar County reported 19 deaths yesterday. 6 were new deaths. 13 were previously decreased that they went back and did Covid testing on. If they tested positive, they rang 'em up as Covid deaths.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Another covid-related death?

22. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

That woman ^ was second person shot and killed at that location in a week. It is a canal
    Here is what the Police said
    "“Our message is that the canal is still a safe to go,” said IMPD Capt. Jerry Leary."

• Like Like x 1
  23. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

A. Three randomized controlled clinical trials concluded that it did not work. That should be the end of it. Navarro Doesn't Give Full Picture On Hydroxychloroquine
    B. The Russians have won the long game. They've helped create a climate where we question our scientists enough that we may start to question when/where the sun rises. #MAGA!

• Funny Funny x 1
  24. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Maybe here in San Antonio.

I wondered how the dispute went down. Did she dare to say "All Lives Matter" or something?

25. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

The death count as a percentage of positive cases has DECREASED and CONTINUED to so the past two days here in Texas even with 'record' death totals having posted.

26. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

"There’s over 60 studies that we’ve looked at on a spreadsheet. Fifty of them support the therapeutic or prophylactic use of hydroxychloroquine,” he said. “The 11 that don’t, a good number of those are discredited studies.”"

Here's what Navarro is talking about. COVID-19 Treatment Analysis

Navarro is right about more positive studies than negative studies on HCQ and FactCheck is wrong,

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

They did manipulate you into impeaching the president. So, yeah, they got what they wanted. You were the tool but still dont seem to know it

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  28. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Let's open our eyes.

If this is a real pandemic then why did it require faulty virus models, rigged test results, 81% false positives, inaccurate news reports, staged hospital overruns, and manipulated death certificates???????

When you have to go to that much trouble to help a narrative then .......

• Like Like x 1
  29. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Wearing a mask? It's my body, my choice? :lmao::popcorn:

• Like Like x 1
  30. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Are the crammed ICU's that we're starting to see staged?