Coronavirus

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Clean, Jan 28, 2020.

1. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Texas under 2K new cases and at least the second day in a row with less-than-triple-digit fatalities. Whatever will the fear-mongering crowd do now...

Oh yeah, and active cases are under 75K with more than 550K recovered...

2. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Noem 2024.

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  5. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Update #2: An hour after leaving for the airport on Monday the coach sends the team a text they are no longer on lockdown and they can go back to "normal" covid regulated activities. WTF?!?

Thats better than being locked in jail, but there's still no activities or clubs on campus and are asked to not leave campus.

• poop poop x 1
  6. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Crazy.....and weird. Sorry Vol.
    This pandemic has revealed alot about people.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Hic
    Yes there it was but at least at the link your girl Noem emphatically debunked the SD fear mongering report as fiction. Good for her

• Like Like x 2
  8. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Exactly why I called it a fake spike.

9. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Sounds like the coach got told THEY were about to be quarantining somewhere off campus PERMANENTLY. I'm guessing that the actions were not run past the powers that be before they decided to get stupid...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Vol
    What a load of crap for your daughter to go through. This has to be devastating for her if she was happy at that school
    not to mention expensive and frustrating for y'all

• Like Like x 1
  11. WillUSAF

WillUSAF 500+ Posts

So much for ya'll and your excuses Trump handled this well.....Just as I have been saying it all along it was about HIS image. Period. Not "alarming" the country! :smh:...SPIN, SPIN...

Trump acknowledged downplaying COVID-19 threat, says Woodward book

Again, surprise but Trump is not in Washington to "drain the swamp" he is there to boost is image. :tap:

12. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I do not think anyone (except Noem) including Trump handled this plandemic well. However, such a reach that he should have known more than the CDC and Fauci at the time. If they were promoting NOT wearing masks, but suggesting wearing gloves - how is it his fault? I expect multiple more gotcha stories over the next 90 days. I expect some Biden stories to surface too.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

??
    Where have you been Will?
    Trump has stated publically several times he did down play it and he did try to project an optimistic attitude exactly to help the people not panic.
    The same people who are trying to make this an issue are the ones who criticized him for banning travel from China and then Europe and the other measures he took early on.
    The DMC and apparently you criticize him no matter What.
    His response and actions have not been perfect but no one's could have been.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

8.5 weeks till Election Day. It’s going to be an old-fashion brawler.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

The best thing Trump did about the Corona virus response is that he left it to the governors. That alone makes me want to vote for him. He said some monarchical things along the way, but his actions respected federalism and the fact that the situation was different in different states and cities.

Push down the decision making closer to the situation. Now Abbot, Adler, etc on the other hand I hold responsible for following PC ideas about the virus and not actual medical understanding of corona viruses and the proper measured response.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  17. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

966626F4-2AB4-4866-8396-7DBBFA72E55A.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

It's the playbook that Bhattacharya mentions that I want him and others to explain. What were we supposed to do and why? Why didn't he and others scream into TV cameras about this? Who made the decisions to scrap the playbook? Was a select group of epidemiologists? Was it politicians? If they knew how this would affect the economy and other health issues in people, and we know they did at this point, can we expose these people and at least isolate them from all of us?

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  20. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Actually it is either pay them out of the school budget
    Or use unemployment funds some of which come from our taxes

21. WillUSAF

WillUSAF 500+ Posts

He downplayed it to protect his image plain and simple. He could have handled it so many different ways without "causing panic". This is just another Trump walk back that we have heard time and time again. I'm sorry you don't see it in your messiah. lol

Sorry I haven't posted much I've been spending some time with my granddaughter. lol

22. WillUSAF

WillUSAF 500+ Posts

It is probably the union keeping their jobs.....

23. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

This is Monday morning quarterbacking. Practically everyone made missteps: WHO, Surgeon General, Fauci, etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

To be clear he is not My Messiah.
    He is a deeply flawed man who is arrogant and boorish
    Explain YOUR plans to 'handle it without causing panic"

I bet you think he put together the latest deals in the middle east to protect his image.

congrats on your granddaughter

25. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I hear the Nashville mayor is starting to warn citizens about having too many family members over for Thanksgiving. Dude is a liberal tyrant.

oh, but he is authorizing bars to stay open for 30 minutes after this Monday Night Football game because the Titans are playing. Of course, back to his orders Tuesday. The dictator is sooo good to his subjects!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  26. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Jerk. Don’t know anyone that likes the guy anymore.

27. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Once again the cases are below epidemic levels. Time to take the mask off and quit being a bunch of drones.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  28. WillUSAF

WillUSAF 500+ Posts

Thank you she is my joy in life

I don't have to have a plan sir. I'm no the President.

And no ( you might want to sit down for this next comment lol) I think he is doing a great job with the middle east

• Like Like x 1
  29. WillUSAF

WillUSAF 500+ Posts

I agree. But in stead of coming out and being accountable and spinning it as "this was unprecedented" he made himself look stupid once again with (again) one of his typical Trump walk backs.

30. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

I don't see it as a walkback at all. He is saying, "This is what I said and why". A walkback is when Joe Biden says he is going to outlaw fracking and then says he loves fracking.

• Agree Agree x 3