Coronavirus

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Clean, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

hic
    Admit it. You looked until you found 4 guys that made you look good.:ousucksnana:

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Hey that's the best way to do it.

3. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Both Trump and Melania have been diagnosed positive. That's all you'll be hearing about for the next few days, so get ready.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Since the beginning of the shutdown, more than 200,000 people have missed their colonoscopies with an expected another 32,000 will miss through the year. It means over 1,000 undiagnosed cases of colorectal cancer amongst the population right now. This is again the most poorly managed crisis in American history.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

On the bright side, the fact that every news outlet was running with NOTHING BUT TRUMP RONA seems to suggest that EVERY OTHER ILL impacting the world has been resolved. After all, I am SURE they would have broken in to report if something else had occurred, even if it was only in some form of sportsball.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Trump should take hydroxychlouroquine on national TV.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

I heard an epidemiologist say that cancer deaths over the next 1-5 years will be very high due to missed screenings during the COVID lockdowns.

• Like Like x 1
  8. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

In order to keep it out of his lungs you’re right Mona, he should take the hydroxychloroquine.

9. WillUSAF

WillUSAF 500+ Posts

Ohio did the same thing

10. WillUSAF

WillUSAF 500+ Posts

I'm so sorry to hear about your dear friend. But you make a great point that not many people are talking about. The mental health side of this. Many people are suffering more with their mental health than the actual disease IMO.
    -lack of work
    -unable to pay bills
    -fear of the unknown
    -fear of getting the disease
    My wife has a major fear of us or her parents getting the disease that it has consumed her life and thoughts in everything that we do. Sometimes its is very difficult to deal with but she is my wife and I have to be there as support and help her through this.
    The MSM with all of the fear mongering they continue to flood our airwaves with does not help one bit. The lockdown does not work, for people with mental problems or for society as a whole. Keeping **** locked down is contributing to job losses and unable to pay bills for people that have lost their jobs.
    I know that every state is different in the level of lockdown but here in Ohio the governor has finally opened pretty much everything. There are some stupid things still in effect (i.e., no alcohol served after 10pm) but as a whole most of our economy is back open. With our economy back open we have NOT seen a huge uptick in cases (i feel the numbers are not accurate anyway). So my point is open **** back up and peoples mental health will improve exceptionally.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

My sister is over 70 and divorced. She’s retired and had a happy life until COVID rocked her world. She’s a people person and her social life came to a crashing halt. Now she’s lonely, shut in, and depressed. She lives on the East Coast and live I inTexas, so other than calling her and texting her, there’s not a lot I can do. I can see how this disease and the over reaction to it is causing a lot of harm.

Lockdowns only work in the first few weeks at the site of the outbreak. Once a virus gets into the population at large, lockdowns are useless. China was the only one that could have nipped this thing in the bud with a lockdown. Now we wait for heard immunity.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

I ran into a neighbor the other day on my daily walk. He told me his wife died of cancer in July. She was diagnosed in Feb. He said she was supposed to undergo testing for immunotherapy (sp?) but the doctors kept putting her off due to Coronavirus. Eventually it was too late.

• poop poop x 3
    • WTF? WTF? x 2
  13. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

PE
    Sad. That Doc should be arrested

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  14. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Why is 45 not taking hydroxychoiquine? I thought it was the answer.

seriously hope he recovers ASAP.

[start of the sarcastic part] He probably will since he’s not obese and in such great health. that said, he may do poorly as it impacts the low income population much harder[/end of sarcastic part]

15. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Hawaii had the strictest lockdown in the country and still couldn’t stop it.

F50EBDC9-9038-4A57-A77A-60ADA2121EB6.jpeg

16. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

mchammer, tell OUBubba, he still thinks masks and lockdowns work. This is one of many data points that show how uneffectual these measures are.

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

OU say what you will but I am so glad I was able to get the hydroxychloroquine. You can scoff all you want but even my doc is amazed (he is not who prescribed it for me) my lungs have remained clear. Like everything about this virus it may not be the same for everyone but it darn sure worked for me. To be clear I had plenty of other issues but of the one most often quoted, the lungs, mine remained clear.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

And originally, lockdowns were never intended to completely end the pandemic. They were supposed to be a very short-term measure to keep hospitals from getting overwhelmed before they were prepared to deal with this. Well, they served that purpose months ago, and talk of reinstating them is crazy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Chron today has a long covid article that is a mish mash of things:
    - number of Texas deaths reported to state lower than the CDC counted during the peak in June and July
    - emotional stories of folks (50’s and 60’s in age) getting sick while working and then dying, leaving family in mourning.
    - criticizes Abbot and Patrick for wanting to open the state.

I will read it again but I guess these folks just want total lockdown. One of the workers was an essential worker at a refinery.

21. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I read it again. Combo of bad government data that got corrected over time, debate whether Texas opened up too soon, etc. They never mentioned Hawaii which had the strictest lockdown in the country and failed. Nor do they mention the folks who will be suffering for 10 years or more because of the shutdowns. Now that Hawaii had their surge, they are opening the economy and allowing tourism starting Oct 15. Need to take rapid test at airport before boarding flight to Hawaii.

5D6560EE-A712-4BAE-9674-9781D9670918.jpeg

22. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I’m glad you got it and are well. I just thought it curious that it was the miracle drug and he didn’t take it.

23. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Let's face it. A couple of studies that have now been retracted scared doctors away from it. I know my dad and his doctor had a conversation about it and the doctor said he wouldn't prescribe it because it causes heart problems. However, the newer studies say it's safe, especially when taken over a short period of time. Also, if Trump took it he and his doctor would be called irresponsible by the press and the libs. Now that he has not taken it you're wondering why he's not taking it. Trump can't win either way he goes with you people.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
  24. horninchicago

I think it was the miracle cure for those with more than mild symptoms. But damn those facts.

25. horninchicago

On Fox news, Sandra Smith pressed Dr. Janette Nesheiwat on Trump removing his mask as he reached the top of the WH steps yesterday. Keep in mind it was under the guise of "people are talking about..." this. ********, she was talking about it.

Anyway, thankfully, the good doctor immediately rebuked her. He was outside, no one around, etc. That wasn't good enough, though. Smith goes on to ponder, however, that, well gee, Trump is carrying the virus, so shouldn't more precautions be taken? I ranted at my wife about the reason we ALL are recommended to wear a mask is because we ALL may be carriers, so the mask and 6 feet BS solves all that. But, if someone is known to carry it, the mask and 6 feet no longer work? Wow. Thankfully, again, the doctor rebuked her in a similar fashion.

Fox News is now CNN Lite. It really is. They are more combative in its daytime shows against Trump and his people who come on for interviews than they are against any Democrat.

• Agree Agree x 3
  26. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I was watching too and felt the same way. I agree - Fox is not much better than CNN, CBS or ABC.

• Agree Agree x 2
  27. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I have mostly stopped watching Fox during the day.

28. horninchicago

I only saw that segment because Mrs. hic still records that crap.

29. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

Bret Baier's show is still relatively fair. The order must have come down that the news part of Fox news must move left. But Baier does not show signs of TDS like the other daytime anchors. Of course the commentary shows - Carlson, Hannity, Ingram, and MacCallum - are to the right.

• Like Like x 1
  30. horninchicago

Not sure how the prime time shows are still on. Some would say ratings but other leftists at CNN/MSNBC don't seem to care about that, so I wouldn't think the Murdoch boys would care that much.