Coronavirus

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Clean, Jan 28, 2020.

1. WillUSAF

WillUSAF 500+ Posts

Same here in Ohio. The hospitals are not overwhelmed but Gov. DeWine is threatening another shutdown if "numbers" don't slow down.

2. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Deaths have not moved in TX, FL, AZ, GA, and FL. US deaths have slight uptick. Looks like cases will peak this week anyway.

3. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Theii, have you heard any rumors on the schools reclosing? Daughter, is scared because she heard a rumor board is meeting to discuss this on Friday. She’s scared they will shut down. It’s going to be devastating to other daughter who has three school age kids in Metro schools.

4. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

My neighbor teaches middle school in Nashville and said Sunday that he expects they will close soon. Otherwise, I’m not that close to the schools as my kid is in college.

5. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I’ll add that the facility in Alabama does not have a big ICU. They were basically reaching out to us for the possibility of opening up the “backup” area if they went over ICU capacity. All of my facilities have backup areas which is never mentioned on the news- only fear mongering of ICU capacity.

6. WillUSAF

WillUSAF 500+ Posts

[​IMG]

7. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

8. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Good for Justin Turner. F off to the haters.

9. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

That's an interesting perspective. Why haters? If he infects those around him you are damn right I'd hate it, especially if it meant it impacted my entire family.

This thing is ramping up. Just watch. That's not hate. That's reality.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Folks are saying it will boil over between 2024-2028 as it coincides with other issues like federal debt and entitlement spending.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

bystander, the haters are the media criticizing his actions. What were the opinions of his teammates? Did any of them ask or tell Justin to keep his distance?

Or do they not have the right make their own decisions about how they relate to their teammate?

13. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

This is probably more biased reporting, but it does say hospitals in TExas are now being overwhelmed.
    Hospitals in Wisconsin, Texas under strain as COVID-19 cases surge

14. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Run Pincher. Pay attention to the actual language used to make claims in the body of the article. For Texas it was up 20% to 1000 total in Texas. No detail was given about any region or hospital actually nearing total capacity. This is what the media has been doing for 7 months. Lying through headlines and statistics without context. You have to look at graphs going back to the Spring to really know what is going on. Even then take the numbers with a grain of salt.

15. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Everybody has a handle on this except Trump, right? Link.

If you don't "sprecken the Doytch," Germany is going back into lockdown.

• Like Like x 2
  16. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Remember when they were claiming the same thing about Houston a few months back, though, and come to find out, the media was (again) FOS.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

How is the comedy industry supposed to keep up?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  18. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Who’s laughing at Sweden now?

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I had a meeting today with a Chief Medical Officer and a Chief Financial Officer of one of my hospitals. I asked for their perspective on the media coverage regarding a surge. The physician laughed and said, “the news reporting on our community has been blatantly incorrect. They simply do not understand how hospitals actually work.”

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

JF??
    I thought that clown vid was a hoax.

21. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

He didn't use good judgment to say the least. Players pick up , even kiss the trophy. Players familiar are there for the celebration, best to keep away from the trophy if you know you caught the coodies

22. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

How do they work then?

23. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

They may be the only country that has generally handled this right. And yet, if the so-called experts on this stuff were right at the beginning, half of Sweden would be dead by now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

It does seem like another bad SNL skit

25. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Dems using Trump's handling of Covid to hammer him in the week before the election. Trump personally has caused 230,000 deaths from Covid. Of course, if they'd been in power, it would have been the same or worse. None the less, it's going to play a big part in Trump's defeat, if he loses as predicted.

26. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Imagine how many deaths we'd have if Biden had been President and let tens of thousands of Chinese people come into the country and sneeze on people just because it was politically incorrect and "xenophobic" to have a travel ban. The Democratic narrative on this is just blatant *********. It's classic Monday morning quarterbacking, and they expect everybody to forget what they were saying at the relevant time.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  27. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Sadly it's working. In the last poll I saw that rated Trump's handling of Covid, 37% approved, 59% disapproved. Never over estimate the intelligence of Americans .

28. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Biden offered no answers in the debates as to what he'd have done differently. He just Blamed Trump for murdering masses of Americans and the mods let him get away with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Covid has been like mana from heaven for the Dems. It destroyed the Trump economy. Made the National Debt sky rocket even higher. It destroyed lives and jobs, all of which fell on Trump's doorstep. And worse, there was nothing he could really have done about it. He could have locked the country down for a year and when it reopened the result would have been the same as now. It's just going to have to play itself out until we get that elusive "herd immunity".

30. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

My thinking is this isn't over and that "superspreader" events are what needs to be avoided most.

To say his teammates can do what they want is to say anyone can do what they want regardless if they become a carrier. Of course, it is true; we are free. But how is it wise? Are we to sit idly by and watch people behave in a manner that has proven to exacerbate the situation?

My son is at Texas State and has been telling me about frat parties just down the street. It's a superspreader event. And when they all come home over Thanksgiving, what will happen?

I'm not advocating a lock-down. I'm advocating not mingling UNMASKED with a large group of people IF YOU HAVE COVID. Turner's reaction was the classic example of being tone-deaf.

There really is no defense to it other than to say, "We don't care. We're going to do it and live with it."