Coronavirus

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Clean, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

All of you worried about this may now relax in the knowledge that the application of the vaccine will be made through an "equity lens"
    And I am sure everyone knows that that means

2. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Because, in our case, we think we have to do these overkill types of things to get the average dolt to fly on our planes right now. Saying that, I'm not aware that we hand those out.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

December update as Sweden changes direction on mitigation as deaths per million surge to US levels.

Last week Sweden’s total coronavirus death count crossed 7,000. Neighboring Denmark, Finland and Norway, all similar-sized countries, have recorded since the start of the pandemic 878, 415 and 354 deaths respectively. For the first time since World War II, Sweden’s neighbors have closed their borders with the country.

In recent months, Dr. Tegnell predicted that Swedes would gradually build immunity to the virus through controlled exposure, that vaccines would take longer than expected to develop, and that death rates across the West would converge.

Instead, the West’s first coronavirus vaccine was authorized in Britain last week, Sweden’s death rate remains an outlier among its neighbors, and Dr. Tegnell acknowledged in late November that the new surge in infections showed there was “no sign” of herd immunity in the country.

Long a Holdout From Covid-19 Restrictions, Sweden Ends Its Pandemic Experiment

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

(they have since deleted it)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

7. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Regardless of what Sweden's government is saying. The last case chart I saw showed them going back down a couple of weeks ago.

• Like Like x 1
  8. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

The WSJ link above was the 7 day rolling avg as of Dec 3rd when it matched the US peak. Both countries at new highs for 2020 .

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

well done

• Like Like x 4
  11. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Who is that?

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

WhatsHerFace - "Private Figure. Deinfluencer. Taco Denialist"

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

Would be better if the cheerers were all wearing virtue signaling face coverings saying something stupid like "Masks Save Lives!!!)

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

I don't have a subscription so I can't read the article or see the chart.

16. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

IMG_8248.JPG

• Winner Winner x 3
  17. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Herman Cain says "what's up?"

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Who is Herman Cain?

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

20. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

21. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Vaccine is protective after 7 days of first shot.

22. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Likely 3 vaccines approved by Inauguration Day:

Slaoui said that Johnson & Johnson was likely to report trial results in early January and be ready to ship doses in February, if its vaccine is authorized. He predicted that AstraZeneca’s trial would report results in late January or early February and potentially begin providing doses later that month.

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• poop poop x 1
  24. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

The guy who died from Covid after coming to the Tulsa Trump Parade Superspreader Event.

25. horninchicago

Yep, he was an adult. He assessed the risk, knowing, I assume, that at age 74, he was in the high risk group. But, as an adult, he made an adult decision to attend the event.

So, what is the point?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

My point is that Mr. Cain might disagree with Driver 8's assessment "...a disease so deadly you have to be tested to know you have it."

27. horninchicago

We'll never know except that he seemed pretty reasonable and probably understood that most people carrying ti never even have symptoms. Thus, the masks.

28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

29. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

30. horninchicago

A very rare thing like Bell's Palsy or the like, which may or may not have anything to do with a vaccine, is why you won't go get a vaccine?

Not because it is a nothing virus for 99% of people who aren't in the "high risk" categories? Okay. And, what people are wondering about that?

That's why I won't get it. Didn't get an H1N1 vaccine either. If I have gotten H1N1, I'm not even aware of it.